CL22 leaves Demarini for Worth?!

DeeMo28

Addicted to Softballfans
i SAW that they "let go" some of the DGAs, if not all. i didn't look that deep into it once they started talking about demarini phasing out slowpitch all together after next year. i doubt/hope it doesn't come to that.

The DGA program was defunded for a couple reasons. One thing that has been said is that demarini had regained a foot hold that they previously didn't have in ASA. A second reason was to get rid of dead weight. Every group has bad apples and there were some reps who were not good advocates of the brand. There were rumors of reps not even swinging the free product they received. I never personally saw it but had heard it a few times. I have talked in length with Corny and DT about this so we will see what the future holds.

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
As Demo stated, this happens when Wilson moves money around. It happened with Ralph Milliron, Aaron, Dave Pollock, Jeff LeRiche and others. Chris had a great run, but as someone once stated, his time was always on the clock, it always is for these guys. I am sure Andy and crew up in Chicago will still allow Jerry and crew flexibility, but I could see the pattern when I was a factory hitter as well.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
So, what does DeMarini have to do to make their Utrip line as competitive as their ASA

Bring back pitch black composite with a quad wall like they did with the CF3 and RD28 would be a GTEAT place to start...

MPT23

Putting on the foil
wasn't a fan of the J2U or J3U... give me a juice or geezer handle with a pitch black quad wall barrel and I'll leave easton in a heart beat.

You are old school my friend !!!!! I love the juice and geezer as well. I still game my RD28 in ASA. I just swing it better than my new stamp bats

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
Hows that deuce treating ya? It has the quad wall stacked composite, but I'm not sure which tech. I'm hearing good things about it, and thinking about picking one up.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Hows that deuce treating ya? It has the quad wall stacked composite, but I'm not sure which tech. I'm hearing good things about it, and thinking about picking one up.

I have a 28, it's coming along nicely. As with all newer demarini's the 28 needs a little more love than the lighter weights to switch gears. Swings very similar to the J4 and J5 in feel in my opinion. Juice like in weighting. I like it a lot, hoping the barrel softens up.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
I've heard good things about it, just wondering if it will be comparable to the RD's given the quad wall aspect

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I've heard good things about it, just wondering if it will be comparable to the RD's given the quad wall aspect

RD is my favorite ASA bat of all time. Deuce barrel is stiffer. Hopefully with more hits it will soften up more like the RD

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
When the price comes down a bit, think I'm gonna pounce on one. We play mostly NSA around here but the occasional USSSA, GSL, and WSL is also played. ASA is close by, but not that big of a deal. It would be nice to have a duel stamped bat to play if need be.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
When the price comes down a bit, think I'm gonna pounce on one. We play mostly NSA around here but the occasional USSSA, GSL, and WSL is also played. ASA is close by, but not that big of a deal. It would be nice to have a duel stamped bat to play if need be.

Make sure it has the NSA stamp. The very 1st batch ( I have one ) does not have the NSA stamp. Heard on here I can send it back in to be stamped. I not trippin though, only asa and utrip around where I'm at.

Twiles

The Rookie
Anyone know what bat is going to take place of the cl22 for 2017? same bat mine the CL name? I've had 3 and love em.