Coed worlds

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Depressing the way the MD director can let C players on an E coed team...crooked scum...that rule is written in stone, Bob Holland you are a douchebag, you are running the tourney and are getting away with bull****...TOOL BAG...

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
C has different rules, they had some GOOD (A) players on the Orlando team...

They were C players, trust me. The only guys close to A I saw in the C this weekend were on teams that got knocked out early.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
They were C players, trust me. The only guys close to A I saw in the C this weekend were on teams that got knocked out early.

So you're saying they had NO Demarini guys on team???

Shame you live in Sarasota, the Sarasota Rangers team has some big time tool bags...

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
So you're saying they had NO Demarini guys on team???

Shame you live in Sarasota, the Sarasota Rangers team has some big time tool bags...

Look up API and REM/CK. The guys from that coed team are on those two rosters.

I can't speak for local E teams man. You should know as well as anyone, being from New York, a - holes are everywhere.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Look up API and REM/CK. The guys from that coed team are on those two rosters.

I can't speak for local E teams man. You should know as well as anyone, being from New York, a - holes are everywhere.

just stating that I know a Demarini guy was on the team playing this weekend...there's no rule against it so I don't care...I know the API and CK guys played also but it's C so they were all GTG...and my favorite new guy is Mark (chunks), man he is such a nice guy...pleasure to talk to and he is good guy at running the USSSA tourneys...

Being from NY I know that softball down here is disgusting...bats are dirtiest of any state I've ever seen and the roster/loyalty thing is a disgrace...

But hey, I live within 40 min from Daytona/Cocoa/New Smyrna and the surfing is very nice and I love the weather down here so I just live the life...

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
just stating that I know a Demarini guy was on the team playing this weekend...there's no rule against it so I don't care...I know the API and CK guys played also but it's C so they were all GTG...and my favorite new guy is Mark (chunks), man he is such a nice guy...pleasure to talk to and he is good guy at running the USSSA tourneys...

Being from NY I know that softball down here is disgusting...bats are dirtiest of any state I've ever seen and the roster/loyalty thing is a disgrace...

But hey, I live within 40 min from Daytona/Cocoa/New Smyrna and the surfing is very nice and I love the weather down here so I just live the life...

I thought you were in FL, your user name looks familiar from floridasoftball. Unfortunately the loyalty issues and dirty bats are everywhere. Just yesterday we had a league guy lose an end cap to expose what looked like liquid nails holding it in...

You can't blame a guy for getting a chance to be in the dugout as a backup at the 2012 major world. He had 4 at bats according to the usssa site. I was more surprised about the two former Westshore guys no one probably noticed. Either way, it's still coed, the girls gotta hit.

From what I heard your friends have had quite the run over the last few years. An e ring, a d ring, and now a 2nd place in c? That deserves congrats in itself.

On an unrelated note, I was surprised at the lack of Florida teams in general at this tournament. I guess Freedom worlds was more important than a usssa ring for most people.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Billy Batts are an incredible group of people...they did everything the right way...super job by them doing what they did...

My other team I played on for a while just won coed mixed worlds, Darkside Coed...awesome people and I couldn't be more happy for them...

I just think they take Coed a little more serious up north, teams from NY, MD etc usually do well in Coed, for whatever reason...

Liquid nails, now that's a new one...

I'm 50 now so I'm gonna play with my son and his guys a few more times and send them on their way so I can go face shaved senior bats :cool:

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
Billy Batts are an incredible group of people...they did everything the right way...super job by them doing what they did...

My other team I played on for a while just won coed mixed worlds, Darkside Coed...awesome people and I couldn't be more happy for them...

I just think they take Coed a little more serious up north, teams from NY, MD etc usually do well in Coed, for whatever reason...

Liquid nails, now that's a new one...

I'm 50 now so I'm gonna play with my son and his guys a few more times and send them on their way so I can go face shaved senior bats :cool:

That's one thing I noticed watching my wife play this weekend. If the northern teams improve some of their guys a little more they would be scary. The women could ball.

The liquid nails had my jaw on the floor.

That's awesome you're able to play with your son, take advantage of the time and teach him well!

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Depressing the way the MD director can let C players on an E coed team...crooked scum...that rule is written in stone, Bob Holland you are a douchebag, you are running the tourney and are getting away with bull****...TOOL BAG...

Agreed. No "C" players allowed in "E" and only 3 "C" players allowed on a "D" roster accordign to the rule book. There were at least 1-2 teams in each class this year that were WAY out of line regarding this rule. Those teams didn't win either class so karma may have gotten the best of them. If protested and caught with illegal players the team is suppose to be thrown out of tournament like a NH team was in 2011 I believe. 2012 Champs Billy Batts were caught with 2 "C" players in 2012 but weren't thrown out for some reason....I guess it's who you know. That doesn't take away from their feat of winning back to back World Titles so don't get me wrong.

Billy Batts is a good team. Questionable win in 2012 for "E" title only because they were protested caught but not thrown out like teams in the past for same rule violation, with that said, they still did what they needed to win 2 World titles in a row which is a hard feat to do. Congrats to them. I heard them saying they will be playing "A" Worlds next year...I hope that is true and they don't find a way to say in "C" like other teams in the past. Accept your bump and compete at the next level.

That's one thing I noticed watching my wife play this weekend. If the northern teams improve some of their guys a little more they would be scary. The women could ball.!

We played "D" this year and last year but "E" before then. All my ladies play "D" the past two years but all my guys play "E" and still do. We beat a loaded team at the Maryland "D" States this year (All their guys play "C" and are getting bumped to "B" after their men's team performance at World's. The reason we play well I think is because we have been together for years and play as a team and not a bunch of thrown together superstars.

always a teammate Jimmy!
Great Job Pesky...sorry I missed you this year but we crapped the bed and were done by 9am Saturday morning.

tyrant

Addicted to Softballfans
batts could technically play C again next year sean... top 10% in C gets autobumped and there were 12 teams so thats technically just the team that won it

what we heard about the C womens players was that their womens team (saty) could have dropped back down to D this year but chose to stay up and register C. since they (saty) had the option to drop down to D they let them play in E... pretty dumb

pompetti

Softball Player
what we heard about the C womens players was that their womens team (saty) could have dropped back down to D this year but chose to stay up and register C. since they (saty) had the option to drop down to D they let them play in E... pretty dumb

Wait, what?!? That's some backpedaling BS. Look at their record in C. If they had dropped to D, every other team in the state would've called them sandbaggers.

And the can of worms Holland just opened up will have every team next year loaded with C players who will claim they could have played D.

tyrant

Addicted to Softballfans
Wait, what?!? That's some backpedaling BS. Look at their record in C. If they had dropped to D, every other team in the state would've called them sandbaggers.

And the can of worms Holland just opened up will have every team next year loaded with C players who will claim they could have played D.

I will admit what I heard was hearsay and not from the horses mouth. Once our team found out about them playing E we were all shaking our heads.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
batts could technically play C again next year sean... top 10% in C gets autobumped and there were 12 teams so thats technically just the team that won it

Top 10% are auto bumped and you always round up according to the USSSA rulebook. So 12 teams with rounding up means top 2 teams are autobumped. But like I said they while sitting in the stadium they said they were going to play "A" after getting bumped so they got their wish.

That can has been open for years....why do you think only State Directors and USSSA officials can see rosters online before the World Tournaments. They want our money and don't care who plays where. What they don't realize is that is what is killing this sport. The players will police themselves if you let them, so let everyone see everyone else's roster, if there is nothing to hide then don't hide anything.

I will say the "D" teams I saw this year actually looked like "D" teams are suppose to. Anyone who knows me, knows Bob Holland and I haven't always gotten along regarding his policies and how he allows some to run rampant and others he is strict with. With that said he did tell all managers no "B" players in "D" coed at World's this year. In 2012 the amount of "C" and "B" players in "D" coed at Worlds was ridiculous to say the least. While he may not have the best intentions with some teams he at least eliminated "B" and higher players from the World D Tournament.

Maybe if I didn't follow the roster rules like other teams we would have some rings to show for it but **** happens. I love my team and wouldn't trade them for anybody else! Even with a hugely disappointing finish this year at Disney we still had fun and can't wait to be on the field again next year!

Last edited:

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

Well I give props to Team Saty then for wanting to compete at the higher level...I wish more teams had that attitude. Instead there are more and more teams wanting to play a level or two below what they should. With that being said rules are rules and there shouldn't be any "C" players in "E" coed.

Last edited:

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I was told that at the managers meeting they said there would be NO roster protests, end of story...that was by several teams, not just one...

Effing BS, because what that did is give ammunition to teams going to worlds in 2015, plenty of C players will come to Disney and if they say that again, the flood gates will open...

That being said, we all continue to play USSSA and that's why they do what they do and make the money they make...

pompetti

Softball Player
That can has been open for years....why do you think only State Directors and USSSA officials can see rosters online before the World Tournaments. They want our money and don't care who plays where. What they don't realize is that is what is killing this sport. The players will police themselves if you let them, so let everyone see everyone else's roster, if there is nothing to hide then don't hide anything.

Can you imagine how much time would be wasted if they let teams protest roster eligibility based on the current system? It would take 2 weeks to play the tournament.

What USSSA needs is an updated database of exact player names and teams. They could then scan the system automatically to eliminate illegal players. Too many teams use different names for players to get around autobump rules and to hide the history of upper players who shouldn't be playing down.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Can you imagine how much time would be wasted if they let teams protest roster eligibility based on the current system? It would take 2 weeks to play the tournament.

What USSSA needs is an updated database of exact player names and teams. They could then scan the system automatically to eliminate illegal players. Too many teams use different names for players to get around autobump rules and to hide the history of upper players who shouldn't be playing down.

No argument from me about people getting around the system by changing names, etc....

However if rosters were posted all year, a team in "E" would not be able to hide all the "C" women on their roster. A team in "D" would not be allowed to have all "C" guys and a few "C" women as was the case this year.

USSSA needs a player ID system and if someone is caught abusing the system they should be banned, period. Around here at least USSSA is the 500 lb gorilla but won't do what is necessary to make the game better.

I think the only reasons other associations aren't taking market share is the lack of a decent website and not having a connection to a corporation like Disney. Let's face it where will the Men's/Women's/Mixed and Conference World Tournaments be the next 10+yrs? Anyone or everyone have a guess? Orlando and surrounding area. Yeah there may be a North or West World for some classes but the will always be a World Tournament connected to Disney/Orlando. Other associations change and make it hard to plan anything in advance.

USSSA website is much better than any other association I've dealt with. While it's not perfect I haven't seen any other association site as good. That helps with looking up tournaments, players, teams among other things. If one is better please post the link.

pompetti

Softball Player
No argument from me about people getting around the system by changing names, etc....

However if rosters were posted all year, a team in "E" would not be able to hide all the "C" women on their roster. A team in "D" would not be allowed to have all "C" guys and a few "C" women as was the case this year.

Mixed rules allow roster drops/adds as close as 72 hours before the tournament. Were those players from Gettin' Dirty on that roster all year long? If so, shame on the teams in your area for not calling them on it.

The story one frequently hears from teams is that the state directory made them play up all summer with the loaded team or let them load up just for worlds.

In 2011, a guy from RI got banned for a year playing E after playing Mens C all year

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
Seems like all are happy for billy bats with a little hesitation as to why they played E, that being said.

They been aging for a while but finally established a team in 2012 to really compete with the mind set of moving up every year regardless. So they did the right thing and played E then D then C. I know the majority of the team and none are sandbaggers, they actually want to play up.

tyrant

Addicted to Softballfans
Seems like all are happy for billy bats with a little hesitation as to why they played E, that being said.

They been aging for a while but finally established a team in 2012 to really compete with the mind set of moving up every year regardless. So they did the right thing and played E then D then C. I know the majority of the team and none are sandbaggers, they actually want to play up.

Billy Batts is a good team and made moves to be better in the next classification. We have had some good games against their team at worlds in 2011 and 2012. I have met/talkedto PJ a few times and he is a good guy that will do what needs to be done for his team to get better.

No one should be mad about Lethal Forces winning D since they have been together for a while. We play them multiple times a year and they finally got hot and made a run at the biggest tourney of the year. Watching Bruiser attempt a cartwheel while pitching in the first game of the championship made my day.

Now we get to E. I didn't like that Darkside dropped back down. Of course everyone knows about the C girls on gettin dirty. It was a surprise to a guy on our team that pretty much remembers everything that they were playing on that team so I guess it never came up before worlds or they stacked their roster. We always played D and never saw their team during the year.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

I have no issues with Billy Batts with the exception of maybe 2012 when they were caught with "C" players on their roster. Seems no one cares about that but are upset with Gettin Dirty and their "C" players. There is one difference between the two...one has a ring and the other doesn't. I would think people would be upset about the one who was caught yet still won versus the one who was caught and finished second. 2011 a team from RI was caught with illegal players and was thrown out of the tournament...2012 all the sudden you couldn't protest rosters...imagine that!

Again, I think Billy Batts played well enough to win 2 and almost 3 rings and that is nothing to sneeze at now a days. Hats off to them on their success, because we all know it's hard to win one let alone two!

Jimmy34

Board Prick
For the record, I'm positive that Billy Batts was not caught with C players, they had D players that were auto bumped from 2012 D worlds to C classification and that's why they were allowed to continue, because those players were not considered C for 2012...

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
For the record, I'm positive that Billy Batts was not caught with C players, they had D players that were auto bumped from 2012 D worlds to C classification and that's why they were allowed to continue, because those players were not considered C for 2012...

According to Bob Holland and Jeff Miller they had players who were not allowed to play the rest of the 2012 tournament after they were protested by a team they just beat. It happened before our game with them. Was a guy and a girl if I remember correctly.

Again, it doesn't matter at this point. With or without those players they beat the teams in front of them (including a tough game with us) and won the ring. The next year they did it again in the next class, a feat which may or maynot be accomplished again. Congrats to them.

Last edited: