Coed worlds

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
And after 8 Mixed world Tournaments that is why I quit going. Tainted , period. You guys answered your own questions :)

Jimmy34

Board Prick
According to Bob Holland and Jeff Miller they had players who were not allowed to play the rest of the 2012 tournament after they were protested by a team they just beat. It happened before our game with them. Was a guy and a girl if I remember correctly.

Again, it doesn't matter at this point. With or without those players they beat the teams in front of them (including a tough game with us) and won the ring. The next year they did it again in the next class, a feat which may or maynot be accomplished again. Congrats to them.

I have no clue who would have been a C player from NY in 2012...was only a hand full of guys, if that...and no way ANY girl from LI was a C player, we had a few E womans teams and an E womans team that played D just to play up...if they asked them not to play the rest of tourney, it must have been some kind of questionable/debatable scenario for them to continue...they've pretty much had the same core of people since they started...

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
The next year they did it again in the next class, a feat which may or maynot be accomplished again. Congrats to them.

Didn't it almost happen this year? Assassins from NJ won E last year, lost in the IF game this year in D? I could be wrong as I don't play "mixed"

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Didn't it almost happen this year? Assassins from NJ won E last year, lost in the IF game this year in D? I could be wrong as I don't play "mixed"

Our team couldn't make the trip to FL last year so I didn't know who won "E".

Just curious if either team made significant moves in the off season to warrant such a high finish in "D" after winning "E" the year before. From my sources Bill Batts did make some moves this year.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team couldn't make the trip to FL last year so I didn't know who won "E".

Just curious if either team made significant moves in the off season to warrant such a high finish in "D" after winning "E" the year before. From my sources Bill Batts did make some moves this year.

I couldn't name 5 women players in NJ so I have no idea. I only know of their success b/c of their men's team.....so I don't know who they have on their roster.....and naturally can't really look either

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
I have no clue who would have been a C player from NY in 2012...was only a hand full of guys, if that...and no way ANY girl from LI was a C player, we had a few E womans teams and an E womans team that played D just to play up...if they asked them not to play the rest of tourney, it must have been some kind of questionable/debatable scenario for them to continue...they've pretty much had the same core of people since they started...

Matt T was C, was on Dgc with him and we were C.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Matt T was C, was on Dgc with him and we were C.

Doesn't matter at this point. You can see Award history but not full rosters so if it bothers anyone you can go look and figure it out.

It still amazes me how many players have MULITPLE (3 years or more) Mixed E World Tournament Honors/MVP's. Does anyone ever move up and play at a higher level? No wonder softball is a dying sport. :thumb:

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I know with Darkside we played E Worlds and came in 4th in SC a few years ago in our first year, then we went to Disney for E and went 0-2 with same crew...then they went to E next year came in 3rd and moved up to D and didn't do so well, went to D worlds and didn't do so well there (1-2), stayed D and went 1-2 in Worlds in 2013...they dropped to E because they lost some girls and then picked up a few new ones and a guy or 2 and played E this year as legal drop downs...they played well and won and I don't see them ever playing E again...

CL#26

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in the Mixed E this year.. it was a very good tournament. Getting Dirty had 7 C females on there team and I am sure a guy or two. Black and yellow challenged there roster and of was given the 100 dollars protest fee back but lost the protest. Why would you give them the 100 back if they lost the protest? Cover up? NJ/NY had 4 teams finish in the top 10 this year it was a great showing. Darkside, Bye Youuuu, 2 out the box and Caught Looking. those four teams battled at nationals. The reason people don't want to move up is cause Holland will let a E team have 7 C females what do you think will happen if you go to d. As far as assassins they are a really good team. The men all play together and are young the have speed and are all real good ball players and there females are getting better and better every day. Holland abused his power and carol who was running the tournament for him covered it up for him..

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I played in the Mixed E this year.. it was a very good tournament. Getting Dirty had 7 C females on there team and I am sure a guy or two. Black and yellow challenged there roster and of was given the 100 dollars protest fee back but lost the protest. Why would you give them the 100 back if they lost the protest? Cover up? NJ/NY had 4 teams finish in the top 10 this year it was a great showing. Darkside, Bye Youuuu, 2 out the box and Caught Looking. those four teams battled at nationals. The reason people don't want to move up is cause Holland will let a E team have 7 C females what do you think will happen if you go to d. As far as assassins they are a really good team. The men all play together and are young the have speed and are all real good ball players and there females are getting better and better every day. Holland abused his power and carol who was running the tournament for him covered it up for him..

Not a cover up...everyone was told rosters were not able to be protested. However I think it's a stupid policy to allow State Directors to approve rosters since they will cater to those who pay their fees and make money for them.

We, Heavy Hitters, played D this year and didn't have a single C player. All my guys play E and 5 ladies play D. When we played E 2 years ago we only had 4 D ladies and everyone else played E. Bob and I don't get along, anyone local will tell you that and I think it was a farce that he allowed those C ladies play E. He also allowed a team full of C guys (who will be B next year due to their finish at Men's C Worlds) to play Mixed D when in the rule book it clearly states only 2 C players on a Mixed D team no matter what gender. This is why softball is dying...no adhearance to the rule book. Most of the teams in question came from Bob Hollands area (MD, NJ, DE, VA, NY, PA).

The only saving grace was none of the teams with questionable rosters won....call it Karma?

Lethal Forces is a solid team...period. They have been playing D for a couple years and finally made a good run not to mention abunch of classy people. Darkside winning E...not sure if they lost enough players to drop down but nothing you can do about it now.

I still say once you win a World Title you shouldn't be allowed to play at that level again. This will help build the D, C, B, etc.. levels. If you have all World honors but weren't on the winning team, well you should be allowed to drop down but only with another team that doesn't have other Honor winning players. If you are bumped as a team then every player should carry the new classification level for 2 years....period. If you join another team then you should have to follow the same classification rules which should be no more than 3 players from the next level. Why does everyone want to play at the lowest level....did your parents not show you enough attention as a kid? Do you search for the lowest crappiest job? Do you want to date the ugliest mate to spend the rest of your life with? Just doesn't make sense to me.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
The only saving grace was none of the teams with questionable rosters won....call it Karma?

IMO it's not a saving grace. Now these morons will say "Well we/they didn't win it all so we obviously were in the right division." Clearly a misguided perception, but that's what people fall back on.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
IMO it's not a saving grace. Now these morons will say "Well we/they didn't win it all so we obviously were in the right division." Clearly a misguided perception, but that's what people fall back on.

I get what you are saying, but if they are autobumped then they "should" have to play up the next year, but time will tell if that actually happens.