College Football 2012 Thread

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
The saddest thing about this is, that this might have been Oregon's best shot at a BCS title game win. They slipped up and had an off Saturday and now we'll never know since they don't play in the SEC and won't get a trip to the title game with 1 loss. Even if ND loses, Oregon will get snubbed. Which is sad, team averages damn near 50 points, plays in a legit conference and gets shafted.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
The saddest thing about this is, that this might have been Oregon's best shot at a BCS title game win. They slipped up and had an off Saturday and now we'll never know since they don't play in the SEC and won't get a trip to the title game with 1 loss. Even if ND loses, Oregon will get snubbed. Which is sad, team averages damn near 50 points, plays in a legit conference and gets shafted.

If ND gets handled, and Bama and Oregon both win out, I still think they'll play each other in the BCS Title game. Both of their losses were very similar, K-State got thumped by unranked Baylor and ND won't have a conference championship game to try to prove themselves in...their last game would be a loss. Nobody else in the SEC has been impressive enough all season to warrant another all-SEC BCS Title game (and the voters wouldn't let it happen again anyway) so I think Oregon would get in. It's the matchup I've wanted to see all season more than any other, anyway...and I don't think I'm alone.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
god I hate the south and the redneck trash that make up the SEC fanbase. YAYour confrence!!!!:rolleyes: **** YOU!

facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I was saying about Stanford. lol

While I'm not happy about Oregon losing, that was the best game of the year in CFB. If I were to rank the teams right now I'd go:

1.) ND
2.) Bama
3.) Oregon
4.) Georgia
5.) FSU

Sorry, the rest of the SEC is not very good at all. I'm not even sold on Georgia. If the only team to really handle an FCS is Bama, you're not very good.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all sec fans are like that. I sure as **** don't root for "the conference". I root for Alabama, and that is it. Hell, I rooted for Oregon to beat auburn's ass a couple years ago, even bought an Oregon shirt to wear when I went back to Bama to talk **** to my friends that are auburn fans. If uga beat Bama and goes to the NC game vs ND, I'm rooting for an earthquake.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all sec fans are like that. I sure as **** don't root for "the conference". I root for Alabama, and that is it. Hell, I rooted for Oregon to beat auburn's ass a couple years ago, even bought an Oregon shirt to wear when I went back to Bama to talk **** to my friends that are auburn fans. If uga beat Bama and goes to the NC game vs ND, I'm rooting for an earthquake.

Kinda sounds like you hate Auburn about as much as you like Bama. lol

justinstp

PayPal Ready
As an LSU fan, I can't stand rooting for a conference. I will never, ever, root for the Atlanta Falcons because they are in the NFC South, just as I will never root for Alabama.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Notre Dame does keep winning which is what counts. Right now if they take care of business with USC (which I think they might), they get a shot at the SEC Champion in the NC game so I guess we will find out. Does anyone who isn't a ND fan find that matchup appealing? Don't get me wrong, they deserve to go from being undefeated, and they will go because they definitely travel well so they will sell tickets. I just think Bama is a bad matchup for them (and that's still who I think will get the nod from the one loss teams).

Great post. ND's offense is the question. It has been sporadic to say the least this year. Golson has gotten better as the year went on but I think he may buckle under the pressure. He has happy feet often and still doesn't read coverage well. Same with BK. He seems to "lose it" at times. Not sure if he is up to the task. I hope so. It's been 40 years since I started following ND and this season has been a blast. If you were to tell me in the summer they would be 11-0 going into the USC game I would have thought you were on crack. :D But "if" ND gets by USC regardless of who they play it's gonna be a battle.

LOL

I am thinking the exact same. I know a ND fan who was runing his mouth about how they shut out Wake Forest....wow

A lot of teams do have arrogant and mouth fans. And trust me ND has their share and more. Objective ND fans are somewhat rare. Shutting out Wake was cool for the defense but it was still Wake Forest.:D

Like I was saying about Stanford. lol

While I'm not happy about Oregon losing, that was the best game of the year in CFB. If I were to rank the teams right now I'd go:

I disagree. I thought both teams made a lot of mistakes and got too conservative at times.

Im still not sure whether the kid from Stanford scored. Once they called in incomplete I didn't think there was enough evidence to overturn it. However I don't think the ref who called it could seen enough to be as adamant as he was. He couldn't see the other shoulder and he couldn't see whether the ball was secured/possessed. With that said the ref who was in position just stood there and looked like he crapped his pants. He just agreed with the ref who made the call.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
As an LSU fan, I can't stand rooting for a conference. I will never, ever, root for the Atlanta Falcons because they are in the NFC South, just as I will never root for Alabama.

I'm going to print this post out and make mad, dirty, squirting sex to it........Just because it is that good.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Funny how people are saying that Notre Dame "deserves to be there because they're undefeated......." But, Boise State has 3 undefeated seasons recently and hasn't sniffed a title game, and had very little support for it........HHHHmmmmmm.........Douche baggery is afoot.

mcnary26

33rd degree Free Mason
Man that was fun last night. Reser stadium was rocking when they announced the Duck score. It was pouring rain and colder than crap, but we warmed up a bunch when we heard that the Ducks **** the bed.

Hopefully we will be jumping around and dancing next weekend.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Granted they were in the WAC in 2009 they did beat Oregon and TCU so their schedule wasn't the easiest. 2006 they had an overall weak schedule but beat Oklahoma.

Right twice......I'm not saying BSU deserved to be in the National Championship game...Just that people are declaring ND should be because they're undefeated and BSU has been undefeated 3 times.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Right twice......I'm not saying BSU deserved to be in the National Championship game...Just that people are declaring ND should be because they're undefeated and BSU has been undefeated 3 times.

To be ranked in the top 3 there schedule must have been tough enough. Besides to look at it before the season it was tough. Not their fault teams like MSU and UM amd Miami were going to mediocre. Sure they play Navy but they do every year and 90% of the people don't know why. Purdue is a rivalry game due to location. They play who they play. As well ND is a better draw than Boise State as well. No secret there. All is moot if they lay an egg in LA this weekend which is entirely possible. I know the haters are rooting for it. Then everyone can go back to saying how ND sucks.:D

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
To be ranked in the top 3 there schedule must have been tough enough. Besides to look at it before the season it was tough. Not their fault teams like MSU and UM amd Miami were going to mediocre. Sure they play Navy but they do every year and 90% of the people don't know why. Purdue is a rivalry game due to location. They play who they play. As well ND is a better draw than Boise State as well. No secret there. All is moot if they lay an egg in LA this weekend which is entirely possible. I know the haters are rooting for it. Then everyone can go back to saying how ND sucks.:D

Have I mentioned how much homers make me sick and how much I hate them?

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
Really homer?

That's now what I'm hearing now is it??...........All I hear is that ND is undefeated and deserves it...BSU was undefeated for 3 seasons and no one said ****.

i dont know what is worse.. homer talk or ignorance talk... but right now you are trumping homer talk.