College Football 2012 Thread

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Have I mentioned how much homers make me sick and how much I hate them?

Homer ? Not so. Just to finish up here. A homer fan is someone who has a severe case of tunnel vision and can't see past the team they support. Wait why such I even have to explain anything to bastage like you.

Last edited:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Homer ? Not so. Just to finish up here. A homer fan is someone who has a severe case of tunnel vision and can't see past the team they support. Wait why such I even have to explain anything to bastage like you.

Because of the mad respect you have for me. :D

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
This is the kind of **** that makes me not want to watch college football anymore. I wonder how long it will take for the 6 team playoff turn into 4 SEC teams and two others that sneak in

It's four teams right now, so it wouldn't take much to turn it into four SEC teams. Hell they have four in the top 10. Only thing stopping it is the BCS is and always has been about money. Last years game was the worst ratings in the 14 years or however long the BCS has been around. If you think the same BCS that convinced the NCAA that letting Ohio States cheaters play in the Sugar Bowl (then making them forfeit the game after the Sugar Bowl already had their payday) or let Cam Newton play in the NC game when he clearly got paid to play is going to repeat a mistake that cost them a lot of money last year, you're mistaken.

No more guaranteed NC's for the SEC. They will at least have to beat a team from another conference to get crowned. How bad would it be if somehow Florida who appears to be at best the 3rd best team in the SEC still made it to the NC game?

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Doesn't mean anything. USC doesn't recruit bad players. ND better take this game serious.

Notre Dame had better not lose to this USC team without Barkley. I know USC recruits good players but Notre Dame has lived off their defense the whole year and USC's offense should be severely handicapped. Golson really has been getting better every game, and I would expect him to have a huge advantage in a game like this having already played a few big games this year compared to a backup for USC who probably hasn't played much, especially in big situations.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
so, if Bama loses to Auburn, and beats Georgia in the SEC championship, Florida in the National Title Game?

If Bama loses to Auburn, Nick Saban should get fired. Seriously. I know what he has done for the program, but he is playing a team that hasn't won a single game in the SEC this year, is 109th in scoring offense and only 59th in scoring defense. They lost to A&M by 42 and Georgia by 38. To say losing to Auburn would be an upset would be a huge understatement. I get the whole rivalry thing, and it has happened before in rivalry games, but this would be crazy. Auburn has 27 TD's all year. Bama literally has double that and A&M actually has 64.

And JT is right, homer or not. Florida has to get past FSU and the way they've been playing lately, that's not a given. We're talking a Florida team that put up 23 on Jackson State. This is the same Jackson State team that gave up 49 to Tenn-Martin and 51 to Eastern Kentucky. To say Florida's offense is struggling the last month would be an understatement.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Oh yeah and if Bama loses to Auburn, Saban would have allowed one of the most talented teams in the country to play themselves out of the NC game twice in three weeks.

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
Notre Dame had better not lose to this USC team without Barkley. I know USC recruits good players but Notre Dame has lived off their defense the whole year and USC's offense should be severely handicapped. Golson really has been getting better every game, and I would expect him to have a huge advantage in a game like this having already played a few big games this year compared to a backup for USC who probably hasn't played much, especially in big situations.

if ND loses- that would throw the bcs in even more chaos than it is now- and i am not sure chaos is the right word.. bama and georgia need to win both their games this weekend as well. if any more 1 loss teams suffer another loss- people will lose their minds:D with the endless amount of scenarios

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Bama will beat Auburn by 30

It will be closer than that. aubs will play out of their minds, and I wouldn't put it past them to try some dirty **** to injure Bama players. See Nick Fairley vs UGA last year for reference.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Might have riots if this scenario happens

Bama beats aubs and UGA, goes to NC
ND gets blown out by USCw, Oregon loses to Oregon St., K State loses to Texas, UF beats FSU
Result would be Bama vs UF in NCG

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
if ND loses- that would throw the bcs in even more chaos than it is now- and i am not sure chaos is the right word.. bama and georgia need to win both their games this weekend as well. if any more 1 loss teams suffer another loss- people will lose their minds:D with the endless amount of scenarios

I don't watch a ton of college football but I wish alll 3 teams could have stayed undefeated. That would have exposed how ****ty the BCS really is. If ND loses the BCS will have some validity. Someone will still get screwed but it will be because they lost and gave the BCS a chance to screw them.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Might have riots if this scenario happens

Bama beats aubs and UGA, goes to NC
ND gets blown out by USCw, Oregon loses to Oregon St., K State loses to Texas, UF beats FSU
Result would be Bama vs UF in NCG

That would be ugly. I'm not sure how they could get past that NC game. I'm pretty sure the BCS would try to find a way, especially since I haven't heard Florida mentioned in any NC game talks all year. Not even a murmur even with all of the upsets.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!

Oh I agree. I just follow ND with guarded optimism now. Back in the late 80's early 90's I would expect them to win every time out. The last 15+ have taught me to not get my hopes up. :eek:

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
It's amazing how many of these top 10 schools seem to choke when they are put in the spotlight. I'm not sure Bama falls into that category because they've been there the whole season, but Oregon and KState for sure. It's almost like they play one way when chasing the top and then freak out when they finally get to the top.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
It's amazing how many of these top 10 schools seem to choke when they are put in the spotlight. I'm not sure Bama falls into that category because they've been there the whole season, but Oregon and KState for sure. It's almost like they play one way when chasing the top and then freak out when they finally get to the top.

I'm not sure how much of a choke job that was. When your front 7 is very banged up against a power running team, it kinda plays into their hand.

But the offense did struggle. Let's not kid ourselves, Stanford plays legit defense. Not to mention the phantom TD.