College Football 2012 Thread

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
What the hell did Spurrier really say this? If so, how did I miss it?

“I honestly don’t think Nick (Saban) will ever leave Bama. They are the perfect match. A guy with no conscience and no ethics worshiped by a fan base too stupid to value either.”

- Steven O. Spurrier, Head Coach- University of South Carolina

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
What's up everyone?? Been away a while. Was in an accident and just getting back to normal.

Am actually pretty excited about the upcoming season and recruiting year for my boys. Started off big with Hackenberg and Douglass yesterday. Nice seeing some energy back in the program.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
Another top 100 OL commitment for Michigan!

Kugler?? I'll get to see him play this fall. My girlfriend works in that school district and I'll end up at a few games. Surprised he didn't end up at Purdue, that was the word early on for him.

I'm ecstatic that Hackenberg and Douglass got the ball rolling for us. Breneman won't be far behind along with Switzer. Hearing we are in very good shape with Robert Foster as well (among others). Dominoes finally falling.....Michigan has been on fire.

Nastygmen210

Addicted to Softballfans
Kugler?? I'll get to see him play this fall. My girlfriend works in that school district and I'll end up at a few games. Surprised he didn't end up at Purdue, that was the word early on for him.

I'm ecstatic that Hackenberg and Douglass got the ball rolling for us. Breneman won't be far behind along with Switzer. Hearing we are in very good shape with Robert Foster as well (among others). Dominoes finally falling.....Michigan has been on fire.

I forget who that post was for, haha. Nice, let me know what you think of him.

Yea, that was a huge pickup getting Hackenburg. Brenneman just set his decision date today, he's yours on the 8th. I'm gonna go see him play a few times this year. Please beat out Ohio for Foster.

Nastygmen210

Addicted to Softballfans
What's up everyone?? Been away a while. Was in an accident and just getting back to normal.

Am actually pretty excited about the upcoming season and recruiting year for my boys. Started off big with Hackenberg and Douglass yesterday. Nice seeing some energy back in the program.

Hope you're alright, man.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
I forget who that post was for, haha. Nice, let me know what you think of him.

Yea, that was a huge pickup getting Hackenburg. Brenneman just set his decision date today, he's yours on the 8th. I'm gonna go see him play a few times this year. Please beat out Ohio for Foster.

Have heard all good things about Kugler, knew PSU was out of i early. Breneman will be a huge get for O'Brien and the offense he wants to run. I hear they may get a second top 10 caliber QB in Burns as well. Foster would be huge, hopefully Hack, Breneman and Switzer are all over him.

Thanks, I am doing much better, neck/back still sore, but overall its much better.

Go Blue !!!!

DBO and Solo King !
Have heard all good things about Kugler, knew PSU was out of i early. Breneman will be a huge get for O'Brien and the offense he wants to run. I hear they may get a second top 10 caliber QB in Burns as well. Foster would be huge, hopefully Hack, Breneman and Switzer are all over him.

Thanks, I am doing much better, neck/back still sore, but overall its much better.

Glad you are ok and hate U of M even more now :)

JJ27

Grasshopper
Here's the big cat drill from the first day of practice Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgm381

<font color="#EE0000">growing older not up</font>
Jj what is up with the chick kicking? The pic they showed last night on the news, she is a hottie. If that is actually her

jobro31

<font color="#CD0000">Bleeding Crimson</font>
What site are you talking about here? No one will beat the Gumps on Rivals. It's run by Gumps and they have a "secret formula" to rank players. There was a player a couple of years ago that they moved to center so they could rank him #1 and give more points to Bama. The kid laughed about it and said he'd never played center in his life. On Scout, Florida might catch them.

ETA: The player was Barrett Jones.

And this guy wins the Remington this year, imagine that

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
This one makes me giggle.

B1G Ten to give GA Tech $25-$30 million to join

According to the story, they will go after ND (again) Rutgers and Maryland (???) also. I don't see how a school that can't sell out a 50,000 seat stadium would be worth so much to another conference.

Rumor being the key word. If they would do something this off the wall, it would be about extending he footprint of B1G network, nothing to do with selling tickets. It pretty much forces the local cable providers in those markets to carry it and gains much more money for the league. That said, ND is the only realistic option on that list of 4. Rutgers doesn't own the NY market in any way, shape or form. PSU and ND would give you that, Maryland would be interesting with the DC/Baltimore markets though. I've also heard VT name kicked around along with UVA. They are making so much now, no reason to expand unless you hit another HR like Nebraska. Just wait for Big 12 to implode again and get Texas and ND at same time.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Rumor being the key word. If they would do something this off the wall, it would be about extending he footprint of B1G network, nothing to do with selling tickets. It pretty much forces the local cable providers in those markets to carry it and gains much more money for the league. That said, ND is the only realistic option on that list of 4. Rutgers doesn't own the NY market in any way, shape or form. PSU and ND would give you that, Maryland would be interesting with the DC/Baltimore markets though. I've also heard VT name kicked around along with UVA. They are making so much now, no reason to expand unless you hit another HR like Nebraska. Just wait for Big 12 to implode again and get Texas and ND at same time.

It's got the Nerd fanbase pretty excited from reading their comments. I understand it's not about selling tickets but Tech's following in their home city is minimal. Small alumni base combined with being located in the heart of the SEC. I would say that Atlanta has more Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Tennessee fans than Tech. It might get the cable carriers to carry the network but the local ratings would be terrible.

Seriously, when is the B1G Ten going to give up on Notre Dame? It's really not good for their image to be constantly courting the school and repeatedly getting turned down.

Good to see you back on the boards...

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't get into college football. Not until there's legit National Champions. I'll watch when there's a playoff system in place. Even if it's top 4 teams.

JJ27

Grasshopper
Jj what is up with the chick kicking? The pic they showed last night on the news, she is a hottie. If that is actually her

Mo Isom, soccer player. She did some YouTube videos with Shep, TM7, and Wing last year. Yes, she's hot and I'd PIIHB. :D

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh
It's got the Nerd fanbase pretty excited from reading their comments. I understand it's not about selling tickets but Tech's following in their home city is minimal. Small alumni base combined with being located in the heart of the SEC. I would say that Atlanta has more Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Tennessee fans than Tech. It might get the cable carriers to carry the network but the local ratings would be terrible.

Seriously, when is the B1G Ten going to give up on Notre Dame? It's really not good for their image to be constantly courting the school and repeatedly getting turned down.

Good to see you back on the boards...

I don't think they are even looking to expand at the moment. ND pretty much has standing offer, not sure how much they really pursue them. There's no real need to expand unless you are really expanding the footprint of the B1G network or landing another Nebraska caliber program. GT fits the academic profile, but while they would get B1G on TV's in GA. I don't think it would be a big enough impact in taht department to make the move. It certainly won't make them more attractive when the ABC/ESPN contract is up in a few years and renegotiated. Like I said, unelss Texas or ND come knocking expansion probably done indefinitely in B1G.

Thanks, good to be back and feeling normal again....been a long winter

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?

Whats up LBU? Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you're feeling better.