Combatants - ASA Question

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
Afflicted or SB98?

I will be getting one of these two in the near future. Not interested in an AVR as I don't have that kinda money to spare if I don't like it and bearing in mind it'll be a 30 not easy to shift over here.

So what would you buy?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
SB98 without a question for me, but keep in mind they run heavy and get a balanced unless you like a lot of endload

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1. Search the Combat forum. This topic has been covered many, many times in the last 6 months or so.

2. Go with the SB98 and thank me later.

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung an SB98 when combat were over here (supposedly Johnny McCraws...) and it felt good. Timing was bad though so didn't get the full feel. Just looking also at the warranty thing. Bearing in mind it's always cold over here...but SB98 may get the nod anyway...

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
And I did search...kept getting no threads in my search terms. Having now modified them a few times I got hits...my bad for not changing them enough the first time!

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
And I did search...kept getting no threads in my search terms. Having now modified them a few times I got hits...my bad for not changing them enough the first time!

Eh, no biggie on the search thing. You'll get opinions regardless, the Combat section is pretty awesome. I just meant for some in-depth reading. You'll get lots of detailed opinions and stuff. I know I've written some good reviews comparing the Combat ASA bats more than once.

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
I did find some stuff from you previously...I will be finding a time when I can sit and read through it all! Seeing as it's quarter to midnight here I don't think I'll be starting now...well...maybe :eek: :D

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
Very...not opened up yet either...that's for next year when my Rodriguez finally will have to give up. Thing had NO padding in it left, where as the Vinci...;) :D :D

Pheonix51

Addicted to Softballfans
And that Vinci was definitely my best buy. I thought the Roddy was nice initially, now I got the Vinci it just pales in comparison. Thank you smarkley3!

KappaKid83

Bubblers Are For Drinking
I personally liked the Afflicted more, but thats just me. I have both an afflicted and sb98 in the arsenal here and I hit the Afflicted better, not sure if its a weighting issue or what.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
And that Vinci was definitely my best buy. I thought the Roddy was nice initially, now I got the Vinci it just pales in comparison. Thank you smarkley3!

it's my infield glove. I love it. I'm a loser and actually walk around the house with it throwing into my glove. ;)

MrCharcoal

True Beaut
SB and AVR arent far apart. The SB connects nicer but the AVR swings nicer. I would take either over an afflicted. In your case get the SB

potsie

I don't want a eyepatch
My Asa combats in order of how I hit them

1- av
2- avr
3- vfp
4- afflicted
5- sb98
6- a log
7- wet noodle
8 - morphed

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
SB98 performs better than the Afflicted. If the Afflicted really fits your swing though, you'll probably do better with it (like Kappa).