Price Check Combatants say your random whatnots.... part 6

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I ate a hot wing over at a buddy's house the other day. First one had a kick to it and not bad. Second one burn from the moment I bit into it until I **** it out, and that was suppose to be the medium one. One guy ate it and had tears running down his face. He tried one of the hot ones and we thought we were going to have to take him to the hospital. I wasn't about to try those nor the ones that were even hotter. Though him and another guy were eating them like they were nothing. 10ft away they were burning my nose. Screw that.

I went to another buddy's house for a super bowl party. They had some buffalo wings that I usually can tolerate. Not this time after about 4 my mouth was on fire. Pretty sure that did me in for anything spicy for a while.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Never heard of Bdubs. Too bad Pizza Huts' wings are so hit and miss. I learned the hard way not to get teriyaki wings around here. Might as well just be molasses.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I love Hooters wings. I had some guys I took brazilian jiu-jitsu with tell me that BWW was sooooo much better. So they talked me into going. Those wings were disgusting. I can buy frozen wings and put them in the oven and have better wings.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
My wife's step-dad makes jokes about "going to hooters to get wings". He told me I was full of ****. So I just looked at him and said, "Riddle me this batman. If I call it in and we swing by on the way home, Jennifer runs in and gets it and I never leave the car, how am I going just for the girls?"

I would buy it except the ones that were here at the time didn't look good at all. I really, really did like their wings. Which like I told my wife I like wings that have the seasoning and stuff in the breading than wings that are dipped in sauces.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I had wings at hooters once about 5 years ago. They were greasy and bland. My waitress tried to get me to wait so I could meet her parents. I fled and will not return.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
The regular could be greasy but definitely not bland unless you got like medium or something. They also offer "naked" wings that don't have the breading which decreases the greasy factor.

Lucky013

Coach
All this talk about wings has me itching for some. Problem is, they are not real popular in Germany. Lets change the subject to beer and brats, maybe some schnitzel

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
I'm thinking of making breaded chicken strips instead of wings next year (well, maybe in addition). Never did anything with breading and sauce though.

The key, to me, is to make sure the breading sticks to the chicken well, or you're going to have a hot paste instead of a hot sauce.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
The key, to me, is to make sure the breading sticks to the chicken well, or you're going to have a hot paste instead of a hot sauce.

My wife is the **** when it comes to this...she makes an awesome breaded cutlet. Dips in egg and then in breadcrumbs, then back in egg and again into the breadcrumbs. I just don't know at which point I'd incorporate the sauce.

As it is, I let it marinate for over 2 days in the sauce, so when people try to get cute and shake off the sauce so it doesn't hurt, the chicken itself kicks their ass. Maybe marinate the strips before dipping them in egg/crumbs, fry them up a touch, boil the marinade, and then bake the strips in the marinade.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gosh, if only there was a cooking thread for you guys to talk about this stuff...

;):D:):cool:

I might have to hit up BWW for lunch with all this wings talk.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
F21KC.gif

hooters hooters, yum yum yum, hooters hooters on a girl that's dumb

whogotz

dilligaf?
i've thought of using my injector to put hot sauce into chicken chunks, so when you bite BOOM flavor explosion

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
My wife is the **** when it comes to this...she makes an awesome breaded cutlet. Dips in egg and then in breadcrumbs, then back in egg and again into the breadcrumbs. I just don't know at which point I'd incorporate the sauce.

As it is, I let it marinate for over 2 days in the sauce, so when people try to get cute and shake off the sauce so it doesn't hurt, the chicken itself kicks their ass. Maybe marinate the strips before dipping them in egg/crumbs, fry them up a touch, boil the marinade, and then bake the strips in the marinade.

This idea is the winner.

Gosh, if only there was a cooking thread for you guys to talk about this stuff...

;):D:):cool:

I might have to hit up BWW for lunch with all this wings talk.

There are never too many threads talking about eating. Just like there are never too many chicken wing meals in a week's time.

I started the running portion of my hip rehab yesterday, and my body is telling me today it preferred the sedentary, get stretched out and heat/stim from the cute therapist portion of my work over the actual work part. :mad:

noodle

At my signal unleash hell
I got this ball at home has some lady name on it Ruth.. any idea on how this is or how old?
baseaball_zps9dc83898.jpg

shanko

Addicted to Softballfans
A bad back royally SUCKS!!

Yea threw mine out from sneezing once. I think it was LT that did the same thing to his and I remember laughing saying how I didn't think it could happen. 2 years later I'm on the floor. On a good note my DB 275 made it from the store today:D.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I started the running portion of my hip rehab yesterday, and my body is telling me today it preferred the sedentary, get stretched out and heat/stim from the cute therapist portion of my work over the actual work part. :mad:
Stimulation from the cute therapist...I think you're leaving the good part out.

Yea threw mine out from sneezing once. I think it was LT that did the same thing to his and I remember laughing saying how I didn't think it could happen. 2 years later I'm on the floor. On a good note my DB 275 made it from the store today:D.
Sammy Sosa.

I hate sneezing...when possible I force myself to sneeze out of my mouth instead of my nose so that there's no chance of snot flying, so it comes out almost as a very hard cough.