Comparison between Senior Ultra II (msu2) and Senior Suncoast Melee 3 One-piece balanced?

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
lol I just answered this on the SSUSA board- here is the answer:
Pretty simple, if your playing our team and come up with an ultra 2 bat were moving in on you. If your swinging the Melee 3, we're not. Ultra 2 was great for it's day, now it's below average, that simple.

shopofpop

SBF member since 2004
lol I just answered this on the SSUSA board- here is the answer:
Pretty simple, if your playing our team and come up with an ultra 2 bat were moving in on you. If your swinging the Melee 3, we're not. Ultra 2 was great for it's day, now it's below average, that simple.

LOL Thanks gaternation:)

johnls722

Addicted to Softballfans
still believe in the ASA stamp OG U2... tough to beat
I feel like people didn't understand it and just think the U2, not realizing the U2 with ASA stamps and smooth caps were painted Ultra's and the next years models were just a small step below an Ultra. They think they are today's U2 junk not even in the same ballpark.

96packers

OG Titletown
You are unfortunately correct

The new ones or ones made the last 10-12 years aren't the same. The first senior U2's were still solid for a couple years till 08/09 then they just weren't as durable

blakcherry329

Also, have to take into account that the OG Ultras were made for much harder balls. These 52s aren't going to give you the same effect off the bat as the White Dudleys and Red/Blue Dots from back in the day. Ultras are somewhere in the middle of the pack unless you have crazy bat speed, imo.
Still fun to swing in my Clincher leagues