Considering a Mizuno Nighthawk USSSA

Jonesie

The 2017 lineup will have a few small changes. We will keep the same barrel, so the performance should be the same or better. We made the handle a bit thinner and in turn it made the swing weight of the end loaded model go up. Hope everyone likes the idea. I've swung the prototypes and should have a first run in about a month. The prototypes felt great. The ASA felt considerably better and hotter than last year. They should be available in Feb. for purchase.
Sweet. Lets see the picture of it. Lol.

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha.......I actually have some, but I don't know if Mizuno will let me put them out yet. Let me check on it

WillW3

Starting Player
I'm sold on the Nighthawk. I'll be getting another. I see more and more people swinging them every weekend in the Carolinas.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
We made the handle a bit thinner and in turn it made the swing weight of the end loaded model go up.

meg-ryan-orgasm_zps9pbc1ovf.jpg

THESHOE

Starting Player
I just creamed my boxers a little... More EL would be amazing, and thinner handle would be welcome. Always what I like of Easton and LS bats.

Now if only Taco listened to me and painted them like an Orange Techfire or all blackout (not likely but I tried)...

The 2017 lineup will have a few small changes. We will keep the same barrel, so the performance should be the same or better. We made the handle a bit thinner and in turn it made the swing weight of the end loaded model go up. Hope everyone likes the idea. I've swung the prototypes and should have a first run in about a month. The prototypes felt great. The ASA felt considerably better and hotter than last year. They should be available in Feb. for purchase.

Jonesie

I have a 2016 27oz Balance Nighthawk about 50 swings on it! Looking to trade for a 27oz RoboLoad if anyone's interested.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I thought the same. Or, that if it does it stays like the bat swung at day 1.

I hated the Freak 12 after 400 cuts it went from stiff to bendy to Juggy like with uber whip.

I can tolerate a bit of Flex, if it remains consistent. Love the Easton Helmer Flex for that currently.

Still, can't wait to see what's new with the Hawk. Still loving and swinging this year's. Always eager to try the follow up models to my favs.

Can't wait to see it, and the new Easton line.

All that being said, I have a pending pre order on a Hall 2017 Worth, and I am pretty sure it won't be peeled out of wrapper by me lol.

I hope this thinner handle that they are talking about does not add any flex

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it me or my balance NH feels endloaded...

Yes it does. I would call it barrel heavy. Maybe a .25 oz endload. Almost all Mizuno bats feel a little heavier to me than other manufacturers. Guessing it is their MOI...only one I have found to be truly balanced is the No Doubt. I will add that my 26oz bal feels slightly endloaded but I swung a 28oz and it felt much more balanced. Possibly they can't distribute the weight as evenly in the lower weights. Not sure.

Jonesie

Yes it does. I would call it barrel heavy. Maybe a .25 oz endload. Almost all Mizuno bats feel a little heavier to me than other manufacturers. Guessing it is their MOI...only one I have found to be truly balanced is the No Doubt. I will add that my 26oz bal feels slightly endloaded but I swung a 28oz and it felt much more balanced. Possibly they can't distribute the weight as evenly in the lower weights. Not sure.
I like the sound of, "heavy barrel" I'll say heavy balanced barrel. But honestly, I really like the feel of it. Idk if you noticed but when squeezed the barrel with my hands I could hear loud rezzins.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The "Flex" in the Easton Flex is in the barrell construction, not the handle. Its a stiff 2 pc bat

I thought the same. Or, that if it does it stays like the bat swung at day 1.

I hated the Freak 12 after 400 cuts it went from stiff to bendy to Juggy like with uber whip.

I can tolerate a bit of Flex, if it remains consistent. Love the Easton Helmer Flex for that currently.

Still, can't wait to see what's new with the Hawk. Still loving and swinging this year's. Always eager to try the follow up models to my favs.

Can't wait to see it, and the new Easton line.

All that being said, I have a pending pre order on a Hall 2017 Worth, and I am pretty sure it won't be peeled out of wrapper by me lol.

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
I hear the same in the barrel of my USSA Nighthawk, I thought mine was about to crack, my Boombah Dually did the same before it cracked (100 hits). boombah replaced it, but these are No Return bats

THESHOE

Starting Player
I get that, I am not an idiot... I know Flex is the barrel tech.

But to say the Flex, or Helmers, or anything Easton 2pc doesn't have a bend or flex action about it is naive to say the least.

It bends, more pronounced than the Nighthawk for sure, so it has a flex about it due to the bending hinge.

Still not a wobble piece like a Z3/Z4 and others like it. Or not quite as bendy as the Freak 12 got with age. But still, the Easton 2pc bats have a pronounced feeling flex or bend about them. Always have, since the first of the 2pc Stealths.

In no way is the Flex as stiff as Nighthawk or Demarini 2pc bats. Let's get real and truthfully honest here...

The "Flex" in the Easton Flex is in the barrell construction, not the handle. Its a stiff 2 pc bat

Jusrah99

Not saying you're an idiot, i've just heard the comment multiple times. i feel pretty much no Flex in Easton 2 pc bats. I might be naive, but thats my experience compared to other 2 pc bats. I havent swung the nighthawk yet...

I get that, I am not an idiot... I know Flex is the barrel tech.

But to say the Flex, or Helmers, or anything Easton 2pc doesn't have a bend or flex action about it is naive to say the least.

It bends, more pronounced than the Nighthawk for sure, so it has a flex about it due to the bending hinge.

Still not a wobble piece like a Z3/Z4 and others like it. Or not quite as bendy as the Freak 12 got with age. But still, the Easton 2pc bats have a pronounced feeling flex or bend about them. Always have, since the first of the 2pc Stealths.

In no way is the Flex as stiff as Nighthawk or Demarini 2pc bats. Let's get real and truthfully honest here...

THESHOE

Starting Player
That could be why.

Nighthawk feels like a 1pc, very much like the alloy handle Demarini Ones. Definitely stiffer than Miken/Worth.

Fabulous combo of a stiff handle, and soft yet durable barrel.

So I guess, yes given this, to me the Easton do have a bend about them. Albeit a tight one, and very much consistent from day 1 and onward.

Never had an Easton get wobbly or bendier with time. Others that I've owned that got "loose" like that went the way of out of my bag.

Flex and Hawk were my 2 favs and go to's this year.

Eager to see their 2017 follow ups. Don't expect too much though, as all these bats are hot af out of wrapper or early on now. I'm mostly gauging favourites on feel and how I personally hit with them these days. Everything is good in Utrip, except Demarini lagging behind with the softer type balls. Their Utrip still absolutely rake the 40/44/47 Cor balls but suck with 52. And around here, the rules are all pretty much Utrip stamp and 52 cor balls for the most part. Explains why Demarini lost all of their market share to Miken/Worth/LS and as of this year; Mizuno and Easton Flex took a chunk back.

Not saying you're an idiot, i've just heard the comment multiple times. i feel pretty much no Flex in Easton 2 pc bats. I might be naive, but thats my experience compared to other 2 pc bats. I havent swung the nighthawk yet...

WillW3

Starting Player
I agree. I don't feel flex in Easton handles. The only one I did was the 100H, and it was still stiff

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
The thinner handle should not add flex. I'm not a fan of handle flex and the prototypes I had didn't have handle flex. They actually felt better as far as endload as well

WillW3

Starting Player
So you wouldn't say there is bend in comparison to a Nighthawk or 1pc model like a Weggy?
Either one. The only "flex" handles I've ever felt were from Miken/Worth, and they still weren't too unbearable. But I will agree with the fact that the Nighthawk and Demar Alloy handles were the stiffest I've felt. I like the NH more because you don't get the negative feedback as much as a Demar

WillW3

Starting Player
The thinner handle should not add flex. I'm not a fan of handle flex and the prototypes I had didn't have handle flex. They actually felt better as far as endload as well
Robo, do you mean that the end load feels smoother or more pronounced (or both)?

Jonesie

I have a really fast bat speed. Do you guys recommend me to swing a stiff or flex handle? I hear stiff fits my bat speed and others say flex fits better.

WillW3

Starting Player
I have a really fast bat speed. Do you guys recommend me to swing a stiff or flex handle? I hear stiff fits my bat speed and others say flex fits better.
Quick bat speed needs stiff handles. Think of it like a shaft on a driver.

Jusrah99

I'll swing Jonsies Nighthawk and let you know. I have a few 1 pc Eastons too...and they feel similar to any 2pc Easton i've tried

I agree on the Demar alloy handle bats...no flex there. The Duece and Juggy lines have a decent amount of flex.

So you wouldn't say there is bend in comparison to a Nighthawk or 1pc model like a Weggy?

Jusrah99

Man...this is gonna be the next want on my list. Does the EL feel smoother or somethin? Whats the specs on the EL for the 2017 model?