Considering a Mizuno Nighthawk USSSA

Jonesie

Hows the Nighthawk for the u3p doing this days? Any word or updates? I plan on getting one. Thanks.

WillW3

Starting Player
I'm gaming mine above anything else in my bag. Definitely gonna grab another once prices drop or I can find one cheap

Jonesie

I'm gaming mine above anything else in my bag. Definitely gonna grab another once prices drop or I can find one cheap
IS iit the utrip model that you have? If so, im getting one for sure! I'll probably swing it over my 15 Stadium and OG DC41. We'll see!

nickham10

John Deere
The Roboload are very end loaded, swing heavy to me. Definitely more endload in a Roboload compared to the .5oz Endload blackout (the original black/yellow).

WillW3

Starting Player
They have pretty pronounced end load. Not much less than the 26.5 sonic+ I had. Not sledgehammer feeling though

Jonesie

The Roboload are very end loaded, swing heavy to me. Definitely more endload in a Roboload compared to the .5oz Endload blackout (the original black/yellow).
Thank you for the info. I wonder when will the price go down for them. I'm eager to pick one up already. Hopefully no regrets.

Jonesie

They have pretty pronounced end load. Not much less than the 26.5 sonic+ I had. Not sledgehammer feeling though
That is actually not bad. As long their under 27.5 oz then ill be fine. My Red Knob DC has a massive ounce endload but still swung good

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
That is actually not bad. As long their under 27.5 oz then ill be fine. My Red Knob DC has a massive ounce endload but still swung smooth through and away.
Weird, I always thought the red knob DC felt more like .5 oz

THESHOE

Starting Player
Same, the later black models and RI model were heftier, but my red knob OG 2pc DC was a 0.5oz load for sure.

Feels like the Freak Blacks, and the Hawks feel like these too...

All 3 of my hawks are a 1/2oz EL and nowhere near the heft of the L1 Easton Helmers or Flex I own.

They feel smooth and much like the Freak 12 or Black load. Nothing too overpowering.

Weird, I always thought the red knob DC felt more like .5 oz

Jonesie

Same, the later black models and RI model were heftier, but my red knob OG 2pc DC was a 0.5oz load for sure.

Feels like the Freak Blacks, and the Hawks feel like these too...

All 3 of my hawks are a 1/2oz EL and nowhere near the heft of the L1 Easton Helmers or Flex I own.

They feel smooth and much like the Freak 12 or Black load. Nothing too overpowering.
Thanks man. Seems like I need to hit the iron. lol. Do you know when the Robos will go down in prices? I need to get one, but where?

THESHOE

Starting Player
That I can't help with.

Up here in Canada they've been very popular and held their full retail value all season up and to today.

Shy of a board bro hookup on forums, there hasn't really been price drops to take advantage of except one retailer who ran a "Friends and Family sale 25% off any reg price item" for one weekend earlier in the summer. That retailer sold out of their minimal stock quickly as a result, amongst a few bat models with that sale.

That OG White 2pc DC with red knob was listed at 1oz load, but the general consensus was it felt light. Certainly proved to be true if you hold any of the Izzy Psycho models or the newer DCs in comparison. The load on that OG with red knob was light.

Maybe there were some exceptions along the way and yours had the full load?

But I can assure you I have NOT seen a sledgey Nighthawk. Even my 28oz have all felt like Freaks with a 1/2oz load and the spec to the Mizuno very much advertises a 1/2oz load. We've all asked for a full ounce load in future from the reps .... Some of us want that bat with 27oz and a hefty EL in the cap LOL

Thanks man. Seems like I need to hit the iron. lol. Do you know when the Robos will go down in prices? I need to get one, but where?

Jonesie

Ive never seen anyone here swings a ROBO here in California. What balls do you guys use up in Canada for leagues?

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive never seen anyone here swings a ROBO here in California. What balls do you guys use up in Canada for leagues?

Most leagues and tournys use the Hot Dot (52/300 or 275) Nighthawk hits the 52's great. I haven't hit anything else with them so I cant compare

most guys around here look at me and the one guy on my team swinging them and are like wth are yall swinging. they see us swing it in games and then want to know where we can get them. Favorite bat I have swung in a long time.

Dan411

Star Player
I just hit mine again yesterday alongside my Psycho 2-piece. End load to me is more pronounced in the Miken, which is advertised as a supermax (1 oz). Nighthawk is no slouch, distance was on par with the Psycho, and really hits the 52's well. I have hit many rounds with nothing but 44/375's and Evil BP rockets and the bat looks practically brand new. I am not concerned about durability with this bat.

Jonesie

most guys around here look at me and the one guy on my team swinging them and are like wth are yall swinging. they see us swing it in games and then want to know where we can get them. Favorite bat I have swung in a long time.
That's funny because I'm one of those guys too. LOL...

Jonesie

I just hit mine again yesterday alongside my Psycho 2-piece. End load to me is more pronounced in the Miken, which is advertised as a supermax (1 oz). Nighthawk is no slouch, distance was on par with the Psycho, and really hits the 52's well. I have hit many rounds with nothing but 44/375's and Evil BP rockets and the bat looks practically brand new. I am not concerned about durability with this bat.
What do you think, better than your Dc41?

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Buddy of mine played Batstock 2016 in Mansfield over the weekend. He got to swing the nighthawks and said he was impressed with how well they hit the ball. He was surprised at how good it was.