Creating BatHead Snap gives Amazing Results for .288 ave 50yr. old

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
This is a pretty important aspect of a successful swing. Hand position at contact. You don't want your hands above the ball at contact. Personally, I like to try to keep my hands below the ball. That produces more a cut swing, and produces way more backspin and distance. I also feel like I get better wrist snap when I stay below the ball.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
What do you feel you manipulate physically to create that cutting snap?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
What do you feel you manipulate physically to create that cutting snap?

I simply drag my hands underneath the ball and let the bat head ride up a little bit. Kind of like a chopping motion. I find that if I try to bring my hands up to meet the ball (especially on higher pitches) that I end up snapping early and rolling over everything.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
thanks TW...its interesting how athletes manipulate the snap...as i age, I have to do two motions..i need to feel rotation pull lead arm in an arc below the ball or rotation fails..a bit of side hammer motion with wrist.., top arm and hand have to extend, throw and wrist hammer to create any power...never seemed to have to manipulate both of these so much when younger. Its so easy to get out of rotation as we age and end up swinging with only the upper body. You young guys have it made lol...no Bob, guys still like baBOOM..I tried X-plode ha