DC41 or the Triad Xtreme (Black & Blue)

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok heard they were the same bat but just a different endload. Heard the DC is a full ounce and the Triad is a 1/2 ounce.

Trying to find out who has hit them both and if the endload is the only difference!!

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
triad u-trip kept the ping sound alittle
Longer then my 2 DC-41's.....same technology...DC seems to come hotter right out wrapper...but my triad got on par with it after about 50-100 more extra hits on it.....the 1/2oz endload is kinda nice for OPPO, or long tourney, or just if u aren't feeling the 1oz endload some days....it really depends if u want a black and blue or black and white bat....4TF is the balanced Triad Xtreme technology bat of the 3....all how u feel...hope this helps...

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I have owned and hit both and would say they are not the same bat with different loads. I have no hard evidence to prove this but they just feel too different to me even after lots of hits on both to say they are the same. But I can tell you the Triad hits awesome and can't go wrong with getting one if you like the Miken Maxload over the supermax. The 4TF feels more like it could be the same as the DC than a triad, but balanced. All three are awesome performing sticks!
Also the Triad takes more swings to get where ya want it but only like a 100 or so. Just my opinion.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Owned both. Within less than 100 cuts they are g2g, distance is the same as was sound and feel.

I sold my triad only because it was the youngest of all the Mikens I had, meaning most valuable and newest to resell while the others were well broken in.

Plus I had invested in too many bats and needed to recoup cash for other stuff not related to ball.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a Triad again if the price is better than DC. If the same, I choose DC cause of the more pronounced EL and only because of that.

Performance wise, they felt and hit the same to me. Both came out of wrapper spitting well and opened within 60-80 cuts. The one I had was sold to MaMaLuLu and it should be g2g or damn near it as soon as he takes it out. But still had the ping my last go at it. Then again, so does my 28 DC that drops bombs and is at maybe 140 hits or so.

If the Triad has a great substantial deal jump on it. If not, DC as the resale will be much better, trust me on that one.

Ok heard they were the same bat but just a different endload. Heard the DC is a full ounce and the Triad is a 1/2 ounce.

Trying to find out who has hit them both and if the endload is the only difference!!

juicebythefoot

Extra Hitter
Local Miken rep here confirmed this. The 4TF, Triad, and DC are the same bat with different endloads. The 4TF is balanced, the Triad is 1/2oz, the DC is 1oz... not from me, just what the Miken rep told me.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had the chance to swing them but it was months apart. Both hit well but that is all I remember.

The Triad is almost $50 cheaper than the DC41 so I figured Id go with that. I don't play nearly as much as I use to but I have always been partial to Mikens. Being the Triad is $130; it looks like that's what I am getting. Tks... Ill post an update here next week sometime about the bat!!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I have owned and hit both and would say they are not the same bat with different loads. I have no hard evidence to prove this but they just feel too different to me even after lots of hits on both to say they are the same. But I can tell you the Triad hits awesome and can't go wrong with getting one if you like the Miken Maxload over the supermax. The 4TF feels more like it could be the same as the DC than a triad, but balanced. All three are awesome performing sticks!
Also the Triad takes more swings to get where ya want it but only like a 100 or so. Just my opinion.

What he said.

THESHOE

Starting Player
No doubt. But so is the Triad and 4TF.

They are all built same material and frame.

Guys are just convincing themselves the extra 1/2oz EL and DC paint all of a sudden makes the bat a million times better. I can't help but LOL.

Personally, yes, the DC41 weighing is my preference. But that's not to say my 28 Triad was falling short in any way at all.

I'd still have the Triad if money grew on trees, because it was every bit the bat the DC was just with less EL.

It's some awesome kool aid!

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
Exactly^^^....too many jumping on just the DC-41 hype train....when it's the triad technology that's what should have people talking or buying! Just an end load vs. balanced thing......

juicebythefoot

Extra Hitter
So THE Geno Buck is on this thread? Please clarify it for us.

I do think that people are jumping on the DC bandwagon. Phenomenal bat for sure. But is it REALLY any different than the Triad/4TF?

DStandridge

OHIPAL
I've personally have used the Dc-41, and currently use the 4TF. I will say this: The Dc-41 breaks in faster! Not sure why, maybe it's based on the kinetic energy due to the Supermax endload, compared to the balanced.

But it get's hotter, faster than the 4TF bat. Granted, after maybe 130-150 hits, the 4TF is a member of Stupidville. But that's nearly twice as many swings it would take for the Dc-41.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand why everyone is saying the DC breaks in faster. My fallen didn't even have a ping. I think the damn thing was as hot from swing one as it is now at 200+. Nasty. Just as good as my buddy's DC out of the wrapper. Same thing with my triad

web gem

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand why everyone is saying the DC breaks in faster. My fallen didn't even have a ping. I think the damn thing was as hot from swing one as it is now at 200+. Nasty. Just as good as my buddy's DC out of the wrapper. Same thing with my triad

Because its end loaded, and going to have more distance because of that. People equate the extra distance to mean its hotter.