dc41 vs future

mamoore9

Star Player
Prob better then the dc durability id guess. Ive yet to see a future that is completely busted, a few cracks though.

UTEFAN

I have both. DC is hot from the get go but only last 700-800 swings for me. May future has 1500 swings on it with a paint crack and keeps up this the DC broken in around 600-700 swings

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Future durability is fine, I am hearing more and more about broken dc41s, but mine doesn't even feel broken in compared to my ressy legits.:(

I would give a slight edge to the dc41 with these balls, but not by much.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I hit both interchangeably and they are my 2 favorite bats right now. Distance is equal with all balls.

Future barrel is smaller but the whole thing is sweet spot even towards the cap, DC has a larger barrel with the sweet spot towards the center that eventually opens up towards the cap.

I've had a couple Future's do the paint crack thing but they've never lifted or did anything bad, still hit great with no signs of slowing down. My DC took about 150hits to open up, now with 300 she's starting to web, feels fine but I have no idea how long she has.

DC is a much stiffer bat overall, Future doesn't feel flexy at all but more forgiving.

Either way I doubt you can go wrong.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a Dc41, half the price is probably why? I also have a usa aftermath 1,000 hits with 52 core balls and a 27oz mercy that I can't wait to hit sometime for ASA. I have never hit a dual association bat, but I may still buy a future at some point? Thanks for all the info guys!

RalphG427

On the bench
Distance was equal for me. It all came down to feel. Chrometip hit it on the head, the future sweetspot is much further towards the end of the bat than the dc41. Durability on the future is much better. I have about 7-800 hits on mine using anything from .52/300, .40/375, .44/375 and even a couple of home run derbys with .47/450's and other than cosmetic wear, there is not a web, paint crack, spiral etc... to be found anywhere on the bat. I sold the DC to a teammate who busted it before the season ended. Another positive for the future is that it hits any spec ball as well as any other bat certified for that association.

vikings09

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my DC41 today at 6am this morning using 44/375 balls 27 degree weather and it held up just fine. Can't even feel stinging or vibration when hitting. DC41 is the goods for me. Have not swung a future but I hear good reviews around here.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I have no idea other than I don't think there's much overall difference in performance between the standards anymore.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Distance was equal for me. It all came down to feel. Chrometip hit it on the head, the future sweetspot is much further towards the end of the bat than the dc41. Durability on the future is much better. I have about 7-800 hits on mine using anything from .52/300, .40/375, .44/375 and even a couple of home run derbys with .47/450's and other than cosmetic wear, there is not a web, paint crack, spiral etc... to be found anywhere on the bat. I sold the DC to a teammate who busted it before the season ended. Another positive for the future is that it hits any spec ball as well as any other bat certified for that association.

I'm with ralph. Future hits everything from 52/300 to 44/525 ' s equally well. Mine has around 1000 swings with mostly harder balls with no signs of slowing down. Real durable bat.

6x7

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not swung a DC-41 but I have a 26.5 future and it has no problem putting a ball over the fence on a 300' field