Defensive Mask

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any for sale? Looking to get my dd into one but want to give a decent mask a try before dropping $40-60.

CoachT

Addicted to Softballfans
My dd likes the rip-it mask. It is metal and has a much larger field of view than the plastic game face. The old rip-it doesn't have the best Velcro on the chin pad but they have beefed up the Velcro on the new ones. Just be sure you get the newer one. I don't remember how much it was but it's much cheaper than a dental bill!

Bo0YaA

Coach
I have one daughter with a Rip It and one with a Schutt and the Schutt is a much better mask if you ask me and less expensive. Give them a look before buying a Rip It.

RiddleSoftball2

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one daughter with a Rip It and one with a Schutt and the Schutt is a much better mask if you ask me and less expensive. Give them a look before buying a Rip It.

I agree with this. My DD just switched from a Rip-It to a Schutt this season and loves it.

HeatOrange

Manager
I think champro makes a metal mask similar to the rip it for 1/2 the price, but I am also leaning toward Schutt for the next mask I purchase.

Alynax

Addicted to Softballfans
I think champro makes a metal mask similar to the rip it for 1/2 the price, but I am also leaning toward Schutt for the next mask I purchase.

I bought the champro mask & dd loves it, I think it only cost me $24 including shipping.