do alot of people use shaved bats?

jcasler

The Veteran
this is my 1st season playing softball and alot of people in my league call each others teams out for using shaved bats... my question is do alot of people actually use shaved bats?

TwoStrokeTerror

You Know!
I think teams get butthurt when other teams hit the ball well so they start assuming bats are glass. Had someone call out my one.12 last night, told them to front the money and they could cut it up and see for themselves.

jcasler

The Veteran
I think teams get butthurt when other teams hit the ball well so they start assuming bats are glass. Had someone call out my one.12 last night, told them to front the money and they could cut it up and see for themselves.

thats my opinion also... i was just wondering if alot of people actually use them

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
yes they are out there, and yes its hard to tell which bat is really broken in and which bats are shaved. With all the bat deals that go on it is very possible people are swinging them and dont know it. I feel the smaller guys swing them to get an "edge" on others and the bigger guys swing them because they feel they are suppose to hit homeruns.....IMHO

Aguynamedpat

NSA Super World Champion
yes they are out there, and yes its hard to tell which bat is really broken in and which bats are shaved. With all the bat deals that go on it is very possible people are swinging them and dont know it. I feel the smaller guys swing them to get an "edge" on others and the bigger guys swing them because they feel they are suppose to hit homeruns.....IMHO

I completely agree. I do not have a single bat in my bag that I did not take the wrapper off of, so I am comfortable with all of my equipment. It is just hard to trust anyone when it comes to bats anymore, so I am taking the safe route and getting all of my stuff NIW or NIW NR, that way there is no question about it.

I play in the Santa Fe Springs league. Yesterday was the first game of the season. Wednsday nights is now only league provided bats night. I saw a handful of guys we played against last season. One particular guy, who we called out after he was dropping BOMB's (and got butt hurt) last season, was hitting about 50 ft past the dirt. The other guys went from hitting 300+ ft'ers to hardly 200 ft. League provided bats (ones i recognized) were SSR2's and 4's, .12, toxic, and some Mizuno's i didnt recognize the model.
So short answer, OH HELL YES!

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I play in the Santa Fe Springs league. Yesterday was the first game of the season. Wednsday nights is now only league provided bats night. I saw a handful of guys we played against last season. One particular guy, who we called out after he was dropping BOMB's (and got butt hurt) last season, was hitting about 50 ft past the dirt. The other guys went from hitting 300+ ft'ers to hardly 200 ft. League provided bats (ones i recognized) were SSR2's and 4's, .12, toxic, and some Mizuno's i didnt recognize the model.
So short answer, OH HELL YES!

Or maybe they don't like those bats, or how they feel. It takes me quite a few swings to get used to a new bats feel. The difference in swinging my duo and 454 ressy distance wise is huge.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
Most of the peole who play D or a I've here have shaved bats. It's so common tha people really don't care. I saw a guy advertising on Facebook that with his pricing. This is a local ball player. No one cares

RobXIII

Addicted to Softballfans
So if I cut the ball and then I cut the ball with a harder / faster swing it doesn't matter? Please gtfo with your garbage. I hit balls further than you without trying bro.
Until you get on my level, step off.

post videos

Country35

Banned User
there are plenty out there yes, but its more common to see ****ty teams and players use it as an excuse when in reality they just got their asses kicked

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
A couple years ago there may have been one or two shaved bats in my area. Now almost every team around has at least one or two.

A couple years ago there may have been one or two shaved bats in my area. Now almost every team around has at least one or two.

Usually they can be found in a bag that is sitting in the dugout during the game. Bat gets pulled right before batter approached the batters box. Upon hitting the ball, batter carries the bat, then tosses it towards the dugout (and not just leaves it in the batters box like most people). Then a teamate grabs the bat, and immediately puts it back in the lonely bag.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Usually they can be found in a bag that is sitting in the dugout during the game. Bat gets pulled right before batter approached the batters box. Upon hitting the ball, batter carries the bat, then tosses it towards the dugout (and not just leaves it in the batters box like most people). Then a teamate grabs the bat, and immediately puts it back in the lonely bag.

I do that with my non shaved duo, just because i don't want other people on my team swinging it.

slawson86

Addicted to Softballfans
this still goes back to you have to be able to hit with a legal bat in order to hit with an illegal bat. i see guys all the time that swing glass and still barely make it to the fence. but in short... yes, your hard pressed to go to a tourney and not find at least a handful of cut bats. my power alley is up the middle, and i wouldnt risk swinging a shaved bat and hitting middle. with composite technology these days, i dont understand why a bat needs to be shaved.

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
in nc the answer is YES most players will not admit it but there are some who just don't care if you know it or not.they will of course deny it to the directors i would estimate 80% of teams use them.no one complains because it's such a common practice,league and tournaments

bat4datass

Outstanding Bad Dealer
shaved or not

i have several cut bats and several non cut or stock bats and it takes a certain amount of a combination of common sense,morals,brains,and nuts to know when and who should use a cut bat for example someone who hits middle,cant place hit,noob,dumbazzes,do not need to swing a cut bat,now someone who knows how to hit a cut bat and when to hit a cut bat yea hit a bomb for the crowd or your ol lady to ooooohhhh and awwwwwwww at 30 to 50 foot why not major league calls this steroids and you still like the yankees or boston or any other paid player who hits bombs we just give our bat roids and swing away....................everyone has swung a cut or wanted to unless they have enough power to mash without it .......just be smart about it and dont hit midle or the infield and if you ever sell a bat that is juiced have the balls to be honest and say hey my bat might not be legal be a man and cowboy up

dcz3

this is my 1st season playing softball and alot of people in my league call each others teams out for using shaved bats... my question is do alot of people actually use shaved bats?

I think the majority of Leaguers dont have any idea what a shaved bat is.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
i have several cut bats and several non cut or stock bats and it takes a certain amount of a combination of common sense,morals,brains,and nuts to know when and who should use a cut bat for example someone who hits middle,cant place hit,noob,dumbazzes,do not need to swing a cut bat,now someone who knows how to hit a cut bat and when to hit a cut bat yea hit a bomb for the crowd or your ol lady to ooooohhhh and awwwwwwww at 30 to 50 foot why not major league calls this steroids and you still like the yankees or boston or any other paid player who hits bombs we just give our bat roids and swing away....................everyone has swung a cut or wanted to unless they have enough power to mash without it .......just be smart about it and dont hit midle or the infield and if you ever sell a bat that is juiced have the balls to be honest and say hey my bat might not be legal be a man and cowboy up

you sir are a cheater. BTW I have never swung or wanted to swing one and my homerun count this year is zero, guess Im not a "Masher". Just "cowboy up" though and hit one out w/ your shaved bat, for the 3 people watching in the stands.... then go to the dugout and stroke your ego.

Unabomber

This isn't true in So Cal. I saw a low level co-ed team use a shaved Salvo the other night. And I know it was shaved cause I over heard the idiots talking about it. Sad thing is they couldn't hit further with it then my girl was hitting with her broken in flex. I feel it's the norm here to use them. I don't even care anymore. A shaved bat isn't going to beat your team.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
i would say the number of shaved bats is propertionate to the level of ball played. the higher the level the more flourescent tubes can be found. they need every 'edge' possible to compete, especially to win cash and prizes.