Do you ever bet on softball games?

kja

Da Gooooochi
$$$ or Beer, your old lady, first born, carry bags, pay for tourny/league fees, etc....

Call me Pete Rose.. I've been known to bet a 12 pack on certain games..:)

kja

Da Gooooochi
We sometimes bet 12 packs for closest to the line oppo field but not on games.

There's only one other guy on my team that could give me a run for my $$$ in that. I can go anywhere..:cool:

Might have to challenge him.

Prince Mop

The Veteran
$$$ or Beer, your old lady, first born, carry bags, pay for tourny/league fees, etc....

I always bet on games, who hits the most home runs, highest BA, etc.

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
Bet a 30-pak and shut the team out 15-0........guess their sphincters got a little tight over such a huge gamble!

fiveoneooo

Starting Player
When someone gets a new bat they want everyone to use to break it in we make a 5 dollar pool for whoever hits the first jack.

dano2

Star Player
if were bored and drinking we usually play quarters on a game we think should be close. each guy picks a batter from each team. quarter for every base he gets on a hit.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I bet a beer that I would hit a hard line drive right at somebody on Tuesday night. My first ab i hit off the end of the bat, second ab i hit off the hands, so i bet my buddy on my next ab. I hit a hard line drive to the gap that the LC dove to catch. so i got robbed of an extra base hit and had to buy a Stella...

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
I will take action on anything and everything betting on a slowpitch game sounds fun to me now I just gotta find a game to go watch and someone to bet with.

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
Actually had a bet for a post hole digger on a game once and I drove in the winning run. That's how we did it in Mississippi.

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
Have never bet on a game with my boys, but i did make a bet on last years Border Battle, none of the losers(on the board) paid up

hamiltonra25

Star Player
Day of our game one of my buddy will release the lines.

We get Team Runs, Team Spreads, Total Runs, 4 inning money lines, Total Bases for the 3 of us. And usually a prop bet or two.

Actually makes us all play a little bit harder because we need to crack the spread.

I enjoy it, think im up $10 on the season.

Usually just do $1 bets.

The sick thing is that his lines are typically dead on the money...

buck 00

Star Player
Day of our game one of my buddy will release the lines.

We get Team Runs, Team Spreads, Total Runs, 4 inning money lines, Total Bases for the 3 of us. And usually a prop bet or two.

Actually makes us all play a little bit harder because we need to crack the spread.

I enjoy it, think im up $10 on the season.

Usually just do $1 bets.

The sick thing is that his lines are typically dead on the money...

We used to do something similiar to this but it would always be while we were sitting around drinking. We had a guy on our team that would pick out 5 players on the game we were watching & he would set lines for those 5 guys & the game. It was always a 1$ max bet but you could bet on every line made. It was open to anybody at the park. Made for a fun year and always kept people around to drink & hangout just a little longer

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans

On one of my teams, if you go hitless, you must carry the coaches bag.... it doesnt happen often but when it does it is pretty funny.

AJ22

Super Moderator
In between games on a giving weekend during tournaments, we play a game we call 'fantasy softball'. Its a drinking game .. you pick a player from each team on the field. If your player get a hit, you make a person drink. If your player fails to get on base, you have to drink. If you player makes a defensive play, you make another drink and if your player makes an error, you drink ..

We also call a member of each team the 'money player'. If this person makes a defensive play or gets on base, we all ante a $1. The idea of this game is the person who drinks the less, wins the cash.

It is entertaining to say the least ...

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
In between games on a giving weekend during tournaments, we play a game we call 'fantasy softball'. Its a drinking game .. you pick a player from each team on the field. If your player get a hit, you make a person drink. If your player fails to get on base, you have to drink. If you player makes a defensive play, you make another drink and if your player makes an error, you drink ..

We also call a member of each team the 'money player'. If this person makes a defensive play or gets on base, we all ante a $1. The idea of this game is the person who drinks the less, wins the cash.

It is entertaining to say the least ...

AJ this is a pretty good drinking game idea. Only i think the punishments (drinks) should be given out like this....If the guy i chooses gets up and hits a double thats 2 drinks to give out(in other words each extra base is an extra drink), if there is runners on each RBI he gets is an additional drink. So if my guy gets up with 2 runners on and bombs then i give out six drinks. Grand Slams should be a Finish your beer type deal. On the flip side if my guy gets up with runners on and gets out, each runner he leaves on should be 2 additional drinks on top of his 1 for getting out. If bases are juiced and he gets out then i should finish my beer. Its all about drinking heavily and having fun right?:D

AJ22

Super Moderator
AJ this is a pretty good drinking game idea. Only i think the punishments (drinks) should be given out like this....If the guy i chooses gets up and hits a double thats 2 drinks to give out(in other words each extra base is an extra drink), if there is runners on each RBI he gets is an additional drink. So if my guy gets up with 2 runners on and bombs then i give out six drinks. Grand Slams should be a Finish your beer type deal. On the flip side if my guy gets up with runners on and gets out, each runner he leaves on should be 2 additional drinks on top of his 1 for getting out. If bases are juiced and he gets out then i should finish my beer. Its all about drinking heavily and having fun right?:D

Yes .. I didn't add this.

Doubles = 2 drinks
Triples = 3 drinks
HR's = 4 drinks

I love your added idea to our fantasy game ... but we like to keep it as simple as possible. We lose enough brain cells as it is each summer .. :rolleyes:

As for drinking heavily, we do try to be responsible (always have designated drivers ... ALWAYS). My problems have always come after bowling tournaments, not softball tournaments. :eek:

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes .. I didn't add this.

Doubles = 2 drinks
Triples = 3 drinks
HR's = 4 drinks

I love your added idea to our fantasy game ... but we like to keep it as simple as possible. We lose enough brain cells as it is each summer .. :rolleyes:

As for drinking heavily, we do try to be responsible (always have designated drivers ... ALWAYS). My problems have always come after bowling tournaments, not softball tournaments. :eek:

LMAO...me and three of my buddies used to bowl in a monday night league called Monday Madness...had to quit cause we got tired of being yelled at by our ladies when each of us would get a cab ride home every monday night...if you were in the league and paid your dues you got 3$ pitchers while you bowled:rolleyes: needless to say we never bowled to great:D

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Title of thread is 'betting' ? I don't think this qualifies as betting, does it ?

Yes its betting...you bet 5$ that you will hit the best that day...if you don't you lose money...you do you win money. Sounds like betting to me