Do you guys keep trophies?

slink35

Addicted to Softballfans
My wife and I are expecting so we are cleaning up and making room for baby stuff. I have several trophies from league championships and some MVPs. Do you keep the trophies you win?

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
On the mantle of above the fireplace.

Great conversation piece to discuss how awesome I am with my guests.

slink35

Addicted to Softballfans
On the mantle of above the fireplace.

Great conversation piece to discuss how awesome I am with my guests.

I don't display them prominently and now they are being relegated to the closet. Just wondering if it is even worth it to keep tem.

whogotz

dilligaf?
i'm ready to repurpose mine. going to talk to a friend that has a little league team. may give them to him so he can get them replated to give to his kids

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm kind of a big deal, so yes.

I can't wait to see L7's locker that's purchased on storage wars. No way that dude can keep all his at home

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Threw away boxes of baseball trophies from storage last year from my youth.

Softball trophies go to sponsors.

If you dont have a sponsor take your trophy around town and get a sponsor.;)

slink35

Addicted to Softballfans
Secret brag post. :rolleyes:

I knew someone was going to say that. Don't worry: I don't think too highly of myself. One of the MVPs was a team MVP but it was a church league team. The other one I am more proud of because most of the good players in my city played in the tournament I won it in.

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
What do sponsors do with one big trophy and 15 little trophies?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
if you have the room for them, I don't see why not. I got a nice plaque for being mvp of some crappy league a few years ago. I don't know where it is at the moment, but I didn't chuck it in the trash.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Championships are pretty few and far between. I have yet to play in a weekend tournament where they do trophies and then small trophies for the individuals. My team won 5 consecutive years, so throwing away any of them wouldn't be logical. I keep the trophies but the shirts are so cheesy that I usually wear them to do yard work or work out in a couple of times but then throw them away.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
i'm ready to repurpose mine. going to talk to a friend that has a little league team. may give them to him so he can get them replated to give to his kids

That^ is a good idea. Like another poster below said, you may take the nameplates off yourself and figure out a place to keep just those.