doublewall all metals

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Anybody still making these? Only one I can find is the Anderson Rocketech 2.0. Do any other companies still make stuff like the old school PST or EST?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought they'd stopped the 375, but wasn't sure if they had or how long ago.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
On that note, am I wrong or are OG double walls way better than anything that's come out recently?
I wouldn't think they're way better. They might be some better. I'd assume the F375 is the best, but also the least durable. I would expect that XXL to perform at least as well as the SB27. All this talk has me wanting to try one.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Daaaaang, I just looked to see if there was still any of the newer PST knockoffs on the bay for cheap. Real PST's have gotten spendy! Glad I got a S&D for garage wall art when I did, thanks again Bird.

blakcherry329

I wouldn't think they're way better. They might be some better. I'd assume the F375 is the best, but also the least durable. I would expect that XXL to perform at least as well as the SB27. All this talk has me wanting to try one.
I guess the sound and the feedback throw me off. The newer bats sound "dead" to me. I haven't swung a lot of the newer metals, but the few that I have used don't feel good to me.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess the sound and the feedback throw me off. The newer bats sound "dead" to me. I haven't swung a lot of the newer metals, but the few that I have used don't feel good to me.
Are you still swinging your old ones with the current balls out just going off memory? My ogrt was awesome, but we also hit 44/525s back then.

I sold it to twmccoy and I assume it's long gone. I have a tst and est 375, but neither have the thumbprint.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Are you still swinging your old ones with the current balls out just going off memory? My ogrt was awesome, but we also hit 44/525s back then.

I sold it to twmccoy and I assume it's long gone. I have a tst and est 375, but neither have the thumbprint.
Hitting the new balls with the old bats kind of sounds like hitting a pillow

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
52s always kind of do. I've hit plenty of 44/375s with them, but no classic ms repeatedly.

blakcherry329

I'm staying OG. Never saw a need to buy a newer Metal when the older ones are just a good. Also, my leagues don't really care what you swing, as long as it's metal.
Same for the Clincher leagues.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I loved that bat and she got a lot of use, but alas, she died a heroic death. League night about 5 years ago I cracked it hitting a HR.