DSNuts48 log

DSNuts48

Badass
So today is 7/13/2011 and I'm starting the Paleo diet by the weeks end, and going to spend the next few days getting ready and stocking up. So as for today here is what I'm eating for lunch:

-Last crispy flamethrower sandwich from DQ for a long while if not ever. Buttered toast I debo'd off of a co-worker, and some water.

Why am I not slowing edging into a paleo diet? Well I've always done better cold turkey when it comes to quitting stuff. Find that if you leave the option there that I will probably take it.

Not going to change anything exercise wise, because I like the routine I am on.

Will update more soon.

DSNuts48

Badass
Okay, official first day of the diet. The past weekend has been nothing but foods I won't be eating. Today, I woke up and felt fine not sure about juicing anything today because I have a 3 hour class and can't afford to be stuck to a toilet. The paleo diet says if you aren't hungry then you don't have to break the fast at breakfast. So I haven't ate anything yet and will be eating very soon. Looking at a lean steak 93-7 and carrots with something green and an apple.

At 4 I plan on having tuna in lettuce wraps and juice and tonight salmon and a juice.

DSNuts48

Badass
So for lunch I had a lean strip sirloin and some carrots. I was too full to eat the salad and apple. I'll be eating the apple on the way to school and eat the salad there after.

DSNuts48

Badass
Okay had a cheat meal for breakfast, and decided to eat a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. Basically because I was going crazy over philosophy of ethics midterm. Couldn't believe how bad that made me feel an hour or so afterwards. I got this sense of just laziness from it. Bye bye cinnamon toast crunch forever.

DSNuts48

Badass
Alright, started insanity. Well today I'll do the fit test, wednesday I'll do the fit test, and friday I'll do the fit test. Monday I'll officially start the program. Today was humbling, and I am worn out. Not sure of the numbers, I can tell where my weak points are:

Switch Kick: 60

Power Jacks: 30

Power Knees: 68

Power Jumps: 16

Globe Jumps: 5

Suicide Jumps: 10

Pushup jacks: 15

Plank obliques: 28

I just ran out of gas, plain and simple. Time to go cool off in the pool. Chicken and greens tonight for dinner. Don't even feel like going back upstairs to juice some juice, because it's much easier to just roll from my position into the pool.

DSNuts48

Badass
It should get you ready, I knew I wasn't in the best shape but thought I was in good shape. Nope. Can't wait to see what plyo is like.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't want to hi-jack your log, but to give you an idea of how different your numbers will be check this out. My first and last results below. Started at a little over 270, ended at 230.

Switch Kick: 38 / 72

Power Jacks: 46 / 54

Power Knees: 70 / 87

Power Jumps: 33 / 40

Globe Jumps: 8 / 12

Suicide Jumps: 6 / 14

Pushup jacks: 12 / 31

Plank obliques: 2 (yes 2) / 58

I was so gassed the first go around, I literally did 2 plank obliques and gave up. I couldn't believe how much my stamina increased.

DSNuts48

Badass
Nice, I was actually wondering what other people had on their first fit tests as opposed to the guy and the girl on the video. I was gassed on the obliques, but the globe jumps got me the worse. I am a little sore today, but not bad. Can't wait until I do it again tomorrow. Can't really wait to start the program, but I said I'd wait for my buddy so he better not bail. What happened was I was pushing myself on the first three exercises and then got to the actual jumps and was already feeling gassed. Wasn't until I got my upper body involved that I was able to push myself some more.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I had actually started the program with my wife and another couple we hang out with a lot. My wife did really well for about 3 weeks but had to stop due to back pain. She got in a nasty car accident a few years back and her back started acting up again. As for the other couple, they stopped after going through the DVDs one time. The fit test was hilarious with them though as neither one of them had done any real physical activity in a while. My buddy threw up about 5 minutes in to the warm ups and literally fell over from being dizzy during the fit test. If you were to have looked at him and then look at me when we started, you would have thought he would run circles around me...definitely was not the case.

DSNuts48

Badass
Well today was the second fit test before I start Insanity. Felt harder but I did more than monday. I felt like I pushed harder than before and I am absolutely exhausted. Ready to get this pre-week out of the way and start with hopefully an upper hand over my buddy.

Switch Kick: 60 - 100 (Honestly may have miscounted, because I was too focused on breathing. Even if you were to +/- 10 that's still a big improvement. I paid for the big increase in the next workouts out though, trust me.)

Power Jacks: 30 - 35 (I got in more of a rhythm this time, I felt awkward the first day)

Power Knees: 68 - 80 (Same here, got into a rhythm. I tried the girls do 10 quick ones and then rest technique.)

Power Jumps: 16 - 22

Globe Jumps: 5 - 8 (Had to take a pause and take an extra minute or so after this)

Suicide Jumps: 10 - 12

Pushup jacks: 15 - 20 (Was so happy when this was over)

Plank obliques: 28 - 28 (Did 28 and the just keeled over and laid there until cool down)

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ Those are impressive improvements. As you mentioned, a lot of the exercises are definitely about getting the timing down.

DSNuts48

Badass
Well today was the second fit test before I start Insanity. Felt harder but I did more than monday. I felt like I pushed harder than before and I am absolutely exhausted. Ready to get this pre-week out of the way and start with hopefully an upper hand over my buddy.

Switch Kick: 60 - 100 (Honestly may have miscounted, because I was too focused on breathing. Even if you were to +/- 10 that's still a big improvement. I paid for the big increase in the next workouts out though, trust me.)

Power Jacks: 30 - 35 (I got in more of a rhythm this time, I felt awkward the first day)

Power Knees: 68 - 80 (Same here, got into a rhythm. I tried the girls do 10 quick ones and then rest technique.)

Power Jumps: 16 - 22

Globe Jumps: 5 - 8 (Had to take a pause and take an extra minute or so after this)

Suicide Jumps: 10 - 12

Pushup jacks: 15 - 20 (Was so happy when this was over)

Plank obliques: 28 - 28 (Did 28 and the just keeled over and laid there until cool down)

Today was the official fit test for the start of the program. I definitely left it all on the floor today as I had to take an extended rest before I could even cool down with stretching. Today definitely felt harder than the last two days I did the actual fit test. Can't wait to do tomorrow:

Switch Kicks - 118

Power Jacks - 40

Power Knees - 90

Power Jumps - 28 (I tried the girls technique of burning out 5-10 real quick and while it helped getting 6 more, I left about 10 seconds on the clock because I felt spent)

Globe Jumps - 7 (Was getting sick of jumps at this point :D)

Suicide Jumps - 12

Push up Jacks - 16 (All I could muster with good technique)

Low Plank Oblique - 36

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
118 switch kicks? You do know that every two kicks is only one rep. That means you are doing 4 kicks every second?

Not calling you out. The rest of your numbers are great but 118 seems crazy high.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Not that it matters to me whatsoever, but I thought man that seemed high. If you are getting that good of results from the beginning, I am interested to hear what kind of results you put up in 2 months.

DSNuts48

Badass
Not that it matters to me whatsoever, but I thought man that seemed high. If you are getting that good of results from the beginning, I am interested to hear what kind of results you put up in 2 months.

I forgot to weigh yesterday and take before pictures, but I plan on doing that today and take them every 15 days. I could tell a difference between last week and this week already. I'm excited to see what can happen in two months.

mikejp1987

The Veteran
I just started Insanity yesterday so I will be checking on your log fairly often if you don't mind. Flash, I got a question for you too. How long do you think it took for your stamina to start improving. Some exercises I just had to slow it down and stop for a minute. Ooh and another note, do you guys feel retarded dancing in front of the tv too?

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I just started Insanity yesterday so I will be checking on your log fairly often if you don't mind. Flash, I got a question for you too. How long do you think it took for your stamina to start improving. Some exercises I just had to slow it down and stop for a minute. Ooh and another note, do you guys feel retarded dancing in front of the tv too?

To put it into perspective, I puked the first 2 days and the 4th day. I think I only went like 22 minutes the first day before just giving up. I got serious about it and never had too much of a problem after that. You will notice an extremely large increase in your stamina by the time you take the fit test the second time. It really is amazing.

And I don't feel that stupid dancing in front of the TV because I have a privacy fence. I felt far worse being fat than looking like an idiot in my living room.

DSNuts48

Badass
2nd day was tough, had to take some breaks but finished it. Mostly my breaks were me making sure I want going to puke.

Yeah sure, hopefully you find motivation from it!

DSNuts48

Badass
Today was brutal, my legs were sore. Also, that warm up is one hell of a warm up. I hate globe jumps, I'm just not motivated with them when they come up.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
You boys are in for a treat. Cardio recovery the first week will leave you feeling the most sore out of all the videos. Its not like the first few videos where you hate it because your heart is about to explode or the fact that you feel like you can't get enough oxygen. Cardio recovery doesn't get your heart rate up much at all, its a lot of slow movements and stretching. The pain in the ass is the fact you have a bunch of squats / lunges with holding positions and the next morning your legs feel like you got ran over by a truck.. Sorry for the buzzkill---enjoy!

By the way, I started the program back up on 8/1 and I forgot just how bad the recovery video was. I had already done the program once and it was still a rude awakening the next day.

DSNuts48

Badass
You boys are in for a treat. Cardio recovery the first week will leave you feeling the most sore out of all the videos. Its not like the first few videos where you hate it because your heart is about to explode or the fact that you feel like you can't get enough oxygen. Cardio recovery doesn't get your heart rate up much at all, its a lot of slow movements and stretching. The pain in the ass is the fact you have a bunch of squats / lunges with holding positions and the next morning your legs feel like you got ran over by a truck.. Sorry for the buzzkill---enjoy!

By the way, I started the program back up on 8/1 and I forgot just how bad the recovery video was. I had already done the program once and it was still a rude awakening the next day.

And they had to call it "Recovery"

mikejp1987

The Veteran
Yeah I just got finsihed up doing it. Holding the squats and lunges sucked bad lol. I had to stop and get back into them. I like the program a lot even though its a lot of work. I guess going to work sore means you are doing it right. I've been eating a lot better too. I think I am down 2 pounds already. Mostly just chicken, veggies, and very little carbs. I have to eat a lot because this program is making me very hungry. I'm hoping that is a sign of my metabolism speeding up from the intervals.