DSNuts48 log

DSNuts48

Badass
My energy levels have been out the roof lately. I just feel better overall, even with allergies I still feel a hell of a lot better once I do the workout. Amazing how I went from waking up this morning looking and feeling like **** to where I am right now. Today was Pure cardio & cardio abs, was tough but I feel like I'm close to doing the whole workout with out extra breaks.

mikejp1987

The Veteran
My first game of the season is tonight. You don't notice anything playing on the field after doing Insanity do you? I'm a little nervous I will be fatigued or my legs will be tired.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
My first game of the season is tonight. You don't notice anything playing on the field after doing Insanity do you? I'm a little nervous I will be fatigued or my legs will be tired.

Mine was the complete opposite. I notice a bit more bounce in my step and the weight loss definitely added a slight more range.

I would say the #1 difference from Insanity was base bath speed and lack of fatigue. Prior to January, if I hit a double and then scored on the next hit, I would have been gasping for air in the dugout. That no longer exists whatsoever, complete 180.

DSNuts48

Badass
Mine was the complete opposite. I notice a bit more bounce in my step and the weight loss definitely added a slight more range.

I would say the #1 difference from Insanity was base bath speed and lack of fatigue. Prior to January, if I hit a double and then scored on the next hit, I would have been gasping for air in the dugout. That no longer exists whatsoever, complete 180.

This is how I feel, I think doing insanity before a game actually helps because I am warmed up. I notice that when I run the bases I'm not gasping for air, I might be breathing a little harder than normal but that's just because I just ran the bases full speed.

mikejp1987

The Veteran
I'm just worried about the legs being dead from the plyometrics and stuff. I will give it a go today. Thanks for the help guys.

DSNuts48

Badass
Workout tonight is going to be after class. Yesterday was harder than usual, not sure why because I felt fine.

DSNuts48

Badass
Ya I don't know why but my Tuesday sucked. I just couldn't keep going.

Exactly how I felt, my college campus is on hills and I literally walked the whole campus four times just to get a parking spot. I just wasn't motivated, even to do some of the workouts I enjoyed. I made it through the workout but didn't have fun.

Last night I didn't do the workout, I was just exhausted mentally. So I went to be super early, ready to continue today. Wooden bat league double header tonight! Not to mention my nutty buddy came in. Also got samples for Shakeology, excited to try the stuff out tomorrow.

Even though I got burned out Tuesday I'm not thinking about quitting or anything like that. I just took it as a bad day. I'm excited that I am already almost a month in. I took a sneak peak at the videos for the 2nd month and I'm excited but also terrified. lol. Can't wait to see what I've done on the next fit test.

I find that on the max intensity workouts like power knees that since I can't keep the same intensity for the whole time period I just do as many and as fast as I can go with good form until I fatigue, then take a small break and try to do more if time allows. Trying to work on explosive movements.

mikejp1987

The Veteran
Even though I got burned out Tuesday I'm not thinking about quitting or anything like that. I just took it as a bad day.

That is about how I feel. I am going to throw in a extra week of the first month because I missed 2-3 days. I started Monday according to the calendar, but technically I am still 2 days behind.

DSNuts48

Badass
Well didn't do todays workout, felt like **** from allergies and just thought I'd be better off doing the last two workouts tomorrow and Sunday. Then I will be done with Month 1!

DSNuts48

Badass
Alright long weekend. Did the Cardio Recovery yesterday to start the recovery week. Tough, but laid back at the same time. Saw where next monday is Fit Test AND Max Interval. :eek:

mikejp1987

The Veteran
I took this week off and I am going to start over month 1 on Monday. I don't feel like I'm where I need to be to start up the next videos.

DSNuts48

Badass
Taking a week to rest and recover with a lot of stretching. Ankle is sore and I am recovering from allergies. Sucks. :mad:

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't been in this thread in a couple weeks but thought I would give a quick update. I think I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was starting the Insanity series over again as of August 1st. The first couple of weeks I lost a significant amount of weight and was very pleased with the weight loss results. I finally got to the level I wanted to be at, so I decided to scrap doing the Insanity stuff as they specify and get a lot more in to the weight lifting side of things. I am doing a basic 5 day workout plan that I found in the back of one of the free magazines you can get at The Vitamin Shoppe. Reason I selected the program is because it doesn't require a lot of cable machines (which I do not have at my house) and I was able to find direct substitutes I could do with free weights at my house. I basically do the Insanity warm-up (the 3 repetitive cycles) and the first round of stretching each of the 5 days of the weight program.

I have stayed within 2 lbs. of my goal weight (depending on the time of day I weight myself which I am sure this is water weight in both directions). However, I would say that the weight lifting has definitely toned me up much more than the Insanity was doing and I am actually excited to work out each day. Reason I am throwing this out there is because I know I was getting bored with Insanity and needed something a little different.

Last edited:

DSNuts48

Badass
I think once this round of insanity is over I will have to buy Insanity Asylum. I'm going to be running every other day starting next week to get in shape for a physical to get into the Police Academy.

DSNuts48

Badass
Forgot to start today, going to push it back until tomorrow. Will be in class until 10 tonight. Week off and I'm ready to go back.

mikejp1987

The Veteran
I started back last night. Schedule is starting to get more hectic between bowling, softball, and hunting all starting around the same time though lol

DSNuts48

Badass
Been doing the core cardio and balance. Woke up this morning and am going to ride on the bike for a while. I really need to get my cardio endurance up for the Police Physical Fitness Test, because I would feel stupid to not make a mile and a half in 17 minutes. Going to actually see where I'm at tomorrow morning when I run a mile and a half. Doing the bike today because of a case of the mondays.