Dudley Senior 12" Bat thought???

Los

DUDLEYARAMIS
Guys,

How would you rate the 12" barrel. The 13" barrel balance seems hot, why would you cheat yourself an inch???

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Even hotter? More endload then 13? Swings different?

I am wondering the same thing. I am almost ready to order one of each so I can see and then sell/trade off the other once I decide. I dont know if any bat on the planet is as hot as my 13 inch barrel Reebok Melee Legend EL in 28 ounces. I keep waiting for it to blow and it keeps on going.

Darracq

I have swung a 28 endload, sweet spot felt really big, and did not swing that heavy, I usually swing 27 endloads.

lefty# 9

Staying in the Game
I got 4 tuff years on my RB EL 28 had funeral services for it after Victoria tourney . Now swinging a Dudley 13 learning it traits

Los

DUDLEYARAMIS
The creator of the Reebok is also behind the Dudley. I really liked the Reebok but it was fragile compared to the Dudley. I just don't know if I should put down my 13" to get use to a 12"

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
If you already have a 13, I would just stick with that. The 13 EL Dudley will probably be my next Senior bat purchase. Los, did you have same weight, EL or Balanced in Reebok?

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I bought the 13 EL 28 Dudley. Used some money from selling Miken Triad ASA. If I dont like it, they have great re-sale value and I will try the 12 inch Extra EL next.

Phil Stevens

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 12" 27 oz. Dudley that was okay at first. Every 500 hits it has gone to a new level, and now it is my gamer with 3100 hits on it. I like it more than the 3 26el meele's I have. I just got another 27oz. 12" and the end cap came out after 4o swings.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Phil. Did you send it back? I did not know you swung anything besides the Geezer?

3100 hits on a senior bat?????? that is unreal.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO the 12" has a little more endload than the 13" but not as endloaded as the Reebok. 12" Dudley swings very easy and IMO has a little more distance and pop probably because I feel like you get a little more bat speed with the 12".

Phil Stevens

Addicted to Softballfans
Phil. Did you send it back? I did not know you swung anything besides the Geezer?

3100 hits on a senior bat?????? that is unreal.

I will probably try and fix it. I have not swung a Geezer in two years, they are hard to find. It is still my favorite bat. I like the flex in the 12" Dudley.

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
I will probably try and fix it. I have not swung a Geezer in two years, they are hard to find. It is still my favorite bat. I like the flex in the 12" Dudley.

Mine flew out of my balanced. Friend put it back with windshield glue. No issues since.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I'm still swinging my OG Z2000 for 50+ tourney ball, I'm hitting well so I'm afraid to change...

I do swing senior bats in BP though and have pretty much swung everything out there and own the Senior Salvo (not so great a bat) and the og Worth Legit and my og snake Combat Dabomb that Westexas sent me...

I was hitting the 12" Lightning last tourney in BP and that thing is effing STUPID, and to me way better than the EL 13" Lightning!!!

It will be the bat I think I'll go to when I get the balls to change to a senior bat...

Old OF

I have both bats. I started the season swinging the 13" Dudley and have recently changed to the 12" Dudley. I think they are both good and I don't believe one or the other is significantly hotter than the other. I just like the feel of the 12" more. I swing a 27 for both models and for me the 12" just seems to swing easier (subjective of course). Of course as soon as I have a bad day with the 12", the 13" will come out of the bag because it's always the bat's fault :).

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I just got me 13 EL last week. Zero time for BP, only some hits off a T in my warehouse. Right now its got a way to go to be in the same discussion as my grey snake Combat

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
That is a good thing. If a bat is truly hot out of wrapper, they usually break prematurely. I will have my 13 EL 28 Dudley today. I will bp it within hours of getting it, I usually cannot wait. I even have a brand new Lizard skin waiting to go on it.....

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Just broke my 13" EL yesterday after approx. 700 swings (in 98deg. weather, go figure). Undecided on getting a 12" until this last weekend, I'm staying with the 13". Why mess with success.
Best bat I've ever owned.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Good to hear that. 700 cuts is pretty good for a senior bat. What type of ball do you use ffdonnie? We hit the 52 300 AD Starr and it is hard to break ANY bat with that ball.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to hear that. 700 cuts is pretty good for a senior bat. What type of ball do you use ffdonnie? We hit the 52 300 AD Starr and it is hard to break ANY bat with that ball.

Would bet the Dudley will last for ever hitting the 52's,unless your a real masher:eek:

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
I have 2 12"EL broke one around 400 swings the other still going strong at around 500 swings. Satisfied with the durability.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I hit my 13 inch EL Dudley Last night 33 times. It was over 100 degrees and I hit 44 375 balls. The sweetspot was small, but when you hit it the ball flew. (Hitting off a tee). Not overly impressed yet, I just unwrapped a Reebok Melee Legend EL last week that seemed to have more pop and bigger sweetspot out of the wrapper. I will update when I swing it more.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans

In BP we use a variety of balls, a lot of Baden Fires, Stotes, and some Evil BP balls. Only hit Rocks in tourneys. That bat lasted all winter, started swinging it right after Worlds last year. Granted we had a pretty mild winter compared to most.
Think we are going to hit a lot more Evil BP's from now on (once I buy more).

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my 13 inch EL Dudley Last night 33 times. It was over 100 degrees and I hit 44 375 balls. The sweetspot was small, but when you hit it the ball flew. (Hitting off a tee). Not overly impressed yet, I just unwrapped a Reebok Melee Legend EL last week that seemed to have more pop and bigger sweetspot out of the wrapper. I will update when I swing it more.

I will agree the Melee has more pop, but I got lucky to get 150 swings out of my last 3. Dudley is real close, mine had a bigger sweetspot, and lasted 5X longer.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I only hit the 52 300 with my gamer Reebok Melee Legend EL. It would probably explode with one hit and a real ball (44 375 or 44 400 like we hit in Vegas). That is precisely why I went for the Dudley.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I got to take some taps with a reebok that had major clear coat lines. It was quite soft.

Think we are going to hit a lot more Evil BP's from now on (once I buy more).

I really like that idea.
Did the Dudley ever show clear coat cracking??