Due for Rotator Cuff surgury need tips

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Hey guys so I have a "complete" tear of my supraspinatus in my throwing arm rotator. Any advice on exercises I should be doing before surgery to help with the healing process later?

I have not been given my surgery date yet still waiting on the reply from the surgeon.

Thanks to any advice.

MB

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys so I have a "complete" tear of my supraspinatus in my throwing arm rotator. Any advice on exercises I should be doing before surgery to help with the healing process later?

I have not been given my surgery date yet still waiting on the reply from the surgeon.

Thanks to any advice.

MB
Mine was so bad I couldn't do anything before surgery.Stay ahead of the pain with meds after the surgery .The pain is excruciating for a couple weeks after.Good luck.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Mine was so bad I couldn't do anything before surgery.Stay ahead of the pain with meds after the surgery .The pain is excruciating for a couple weeks after.Good luck.

I cant lift my arm level with my shoulder since the injury and that happened on August 1. Its taking forever to get into the surgeon here. But I have pain every day and it sucks. Daily activities that should be easy are so difficult. Just putting on deo is a task. lol

Theseaduck

The Veteran
ok first off forget before.....once it's tore it's done there is nothing that will help or reduce the pain.....key is afterward....pain will be SEVERE afterwards and u will be frustrated even more with daily activities.... sleeping was the hardest thing for me......buy a good comfy chair or practice before hand....it's sleeping with your arm in the air.....my god its hell...practice toilet things lol ....
PT is a must and use it..yes use it so it dosent freeze up.....
the good: it gets better...and I'm playing hard and diving in the dirt again....you will feel like a million bucks once fully healed...and keep reminding yourself that this has to be done you can't live life like this.....
good luck. ....

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
I would suggest you do 2-3 months of PT before the surgery and then PT after your surgery... It will expedite the healing process...

ALB_Bones

Philippians 4:13
ok first off forget before.....once it's tore it's done there is nothing that will help or reduce the pain.....key is afterward....pain will be SEVERE afterwards and u will be frustrated even more with daily activities.... sleeping was the hardest thing for me......buy a good comfy chair or practice before hand....it's sleeping with your arm in the air.....my god its hell...practice toilet things lol ....
the good: it gets better...and I'm playing hard and diving in the dirt again....you will feel like a million bucks once fully healed...and keep reminding yourself that this has to be done you can't live life like this.....
good luck. ....

And to add to highlighted part, don't push it to get back playing to where you were before, take your time. Had a friend push it to fast and ruined her shoulder again, where as I took time getting back, was able to bat without pain or problems 3-4 months after surgery and what also helped is that I pitched so throwing overhand wasn't something I had to do much.

denthepitcher

SF Native
good luck. ....

Best advice here.

There are many muscles around the shoulder.

http://www.innerbody.com/image/musc10.html

You MUST do your PT to keep them all from freezing/tightening up.