easton scott kirby bat

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
softball fans has a scott kirby on sale for half price.149.00 is this bat any good and worth buying? how much break in time?

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Are you talking about the red/neon yellow one ? I've seen the same one in action multiple times in league ( never swung it myself, not an Easton guy ) Seems like the performance is pretty good and it looked pretty new.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I think it's $99 now. Either you can't loose because it's so cheap, or there's a reason it's so cheap...

4xtra

Player/Coach
I have a 3600 hit 16Kirby Utrip that tested today RIGHT AT 220.
I gamed it at a tournament and the ball (44/400) was coming off the bat NICE.
I did not see a major change in performance until I hit over 2000+ swings.
From that point, the bat is hanging with Miken/Worth WITH durability

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a used 2015 with 1000+ hits and testing at 260ish, essentially the same bat. I like it, a lot actually totally worth $60

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
My brother has an ASA version and I must admit right out of the wrapper watching him and couple of his teammates use it in rec leagues the ball was flying pretty well..

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I just got a '16 Kirby last week. IMO it's a fine bat. I have about 6 swings on it and 4 of those are HRs. Not weak ones either, but BOMBS. The '16 seems to have a slightly softer feel than the '15 and definitely feels hotter out of the wrapper. The '15 just seemed like it had a less forgiving barrel overall. Stiffer and more likely to vibrate than the '16.

All the swings on the '16 are with .52 balls. It literally webbed from swing one. The webbing seems very superficial though and I'm not worried about it.