Easton Senior Salvo EL - Review

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
Last week I picked up a new 28oz Easton Senior Salvo and have now put about 300 swings on it. First off, this is not the same bat as the Easton Elder (BSR). I cracked that bat in 70 swings. The Senior Salvo is much better in the feel and in the performance. We were hitting very good BP balls, Trumps, Stotes, Thunder Sx's, ZN's, Evils and Rocks. After the first 150 swings or so I felt the Salvo open up considerably. I was hitting on a turf field that is 290ft in LF (w/60ft fence), 315ft in CF, and 295ft to RF (w/60ft fence). After the first 20-25 swings with the Salvo I started adjusting to the 3oz End Load in the 28oz bat. The bat has a very classic sound as opposed to the many two piece models that are on the market. It doesn't sound like a senior bat. Makes a thud instead of a bark. We had a very slight breeze blowing across the field from left to right. My first BP session resulted in hitting 39 of 120 balls over the fence. I also hit several line drives off the to high fences. The bats result were not consistent with the sound of striking the ball but the results were surprisingly impressive. Today, my BP partner I put another 150 swings on the bat and it has really opened up. The park today was 315ft to all fields with no wind. It was overcast with humidity and I still hit 34 of 110 balls over the fence (several over 350ft). So far this bat is much better than the Easton Elder and hits every bit as well as most of the senior bats on the market. The bat shows no signs of webbing or seam cracks. I'm hoping the durability is consistent with other Easton model bats. I'm 6'0"/260lbs and hit for power. I have broken every senior bat on the market, most in less than 150 swings. :)

BTW, I picked up the Easton Senior Salvo for less than $100 delivered.

My gamer is still the 28oz Miken Triad Blackout that has over 2500 swings on it and is still killing the ball. Most durable bat I have ever swung!!!

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I have about 100 swings on mine and it's stiff...I've been swinging my smoking hot Z2000 in senior and I might have my Lightning and Legit just about ready to swing in games but the Salvo is way behind right now...I don't get to hit BP except before our tourneys so I'm thinking the Salvo may need some good BP to be up with the senior bats I have now...

Did the first 100 or so swings feel kinda stiff to you compared to the other Senior bats???

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
I have about 100 swings on mine and it's stiff...I've been swinging my smoking hot Z2000 in senior and I might have my Lightning and Legit just about ready to swing in games but the Salvo is way behind right now...I don't get to hit BP except before our tourneys so I'm thinking the Salvo may need some good BP to be up with the senior bats I have now...

Did the first 100 or so swings feel kinda stiff to you compared to the other Senior bats???

The Senior Salvo was very stiff..almost log-like. But it has opened up and like I said it hits just as well as any other senior bat. A steal for the price I paid!.../W

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
Cracked the Easton Senior Salvo today. She gone!!!! Dead at 330 swings.

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
Ordered me a 28oz EL today and I can live with 330 swings. My Big Cat died at around 200. Plus I like that 3oz end load. I'm 55lbs less than LT44. One of my Dudley 28oz endload died before 400 and the other is still going strong at 500. Hit the same balls. The one that broke was the second batch and the one that's still living is the first batch. I should have bought the 29oz. The 28oz is to light for me. Made in China anything can happen. Might be just a bad bat in that batch. I hope so for my sake.
Joe Lefty Falcon
#55 Hufman Electric out of Ga.

lefty tn

Kreug5 I hope I have more durability than yours. Makes me why they would spend all that money to sale a bad product.

kreug5

Addicted to Softballfans
Makes me wonder

Why they didn't just pull out the original black and yellow Easton's they banned out of the warehouse from the rumor I heard and use those bats for senior ball. There a lot better.

lefty tn

My EL arrived yesterday. Hit 27 today by tossing in the air and I was surprised how well it hit. Maybe if it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll get some live pitching. I like the 3oz. EL.

lefty tn

Put 53 live swings with the EL today. Hard cross wind to left field. Pretty hot didn't expect to much. But she did good. Manage to hit one around 315ft In the first round of 27 balls. I'll try to hit tomorrow if the weather agrees. I have 120 swings. Still doesn't have the distance as my other senior bats. I'll put another 30 swings on it tomorrow then it should be game ready this weekend in Marietta Ga. I really don't know what the break end period is. I'm it last longer than 200 swings.

Put another 30 swings today. At 150 swings now and the sound of the bat is starting to change. Air was pretty heavy this week. Line drives are good.

Last edited:

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I hit my buddy's he plays senior majors and I'm only 31 but his 28oz hit a lot better than the elder ever did we was hitting them easy 300plus and it has a nice feel and not to end loaded