Easton Senior Salvo

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
Great bat. Almost an ounce over sticker weight (26.8oz). Balanced. Hot out of the wrapper. I hit about 15 hits with it and the line drives were pure hell fire missiles. ... Buy one guys you won't be disappointed with it's performance.

Last edited:

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
Have you had any swings on it yet. Plan on buying the end load Senior Salvo. Glad to know it's a
half ounce more in weight. Let us know how it hits.

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
I've put about 15 hits on it and its on fifth gear since swing 1... lol. Line drives come off knuckling off this bat. Get one Lefty you won't be disappointed.

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
have a 28 oz coming. i swing 27.5 now. got the 28 because it is said that it swings light. will be here on wed. thought about the end load but not sure about exclusive bats. why would easton put out a special bat only for one dealer ?

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Im still waiting for my balanced and end load version from my Easton Rep. My daughters fast pitch bats came in before my slo pitch bats which is a first with Easton.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
What ball were you hitting. That makes more difference than the bat. Most senior leagues use 44 375, but ours uses Dudley SY 52 300. My BSR is every bit as good as any of my other senior bats (last years easton senior), It just took a BP with some 44 400 ZN's to wake it up.

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
Put another 50 hits on the bat and it just keeps getting better and better.... 1 ranked senior bat out there! IMO.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
How many other senior bats have you hit to compare? Which ones? I love eastons and will probably end up with one of these also.

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
I have hit with all the senior bats out there. Miken Big Cat, 2013/2014 DeMarini The One, Combat DaBomb and others (Dudley) just to name a few. If you purchase an Easton Senior Salvo you won't be disappointed IMO.

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
nersurfer does your bat have the name ( the elder ) on it.just got my 28oz and it has the name elder right above the 0 in easton. have not put it on a scale yet but it does fell heavy. maybe should have gotten a 27.

Playr4

Coach
Just got the new Easton Salvo Senior Bat today. This bat is the real deal. Totally a different bat than last years dud.

I got the 27 ounce balanced. More of a midload. Weighed in at 27.7. Sweet spot is huge. From the middle of the A to the beginning of the V in the word Salvo. The handle is real thin. Sound change after about the 20th hit. Got about 120 swings on it. It started opening up after the sound change. The sound went from a metal sound to a cracking sound. something you would here from a wood bat.

Exit speed is excellent. Hit a variety of knucklers, and balls that went 300 +.

This bat is similar to the Miken DC 41 that I currently use.

Easton has a really good senior bat. Last year was last year. Don't pass this one up if you have a chance to get one.

Darren

Addicted to Softballfans
Playr4, How did it compare to your dudley lightning? As far as distance goes where does fall in line with other senior bats?

thanks
Darren

Playr4

Coach
Playr4, How did it compare to your dudley lightning? As far as distance goes where does fall in line with other senior bats?

thanks
Darren

The Salvo out distanced the Lightning by at least 10 feet. The exit speed on the Salvo was better than the Lightning. The Salvo compared to the other senior bats are even or better in my opinion.

Like they say. Its the Indian not the arrow.

What I like is the thin handle. I know I am getting some good bat speed Salvo. Maybe some extra MPH. lol. I can actually hear the bat through the hitting zone.

ABLXTRA

veteran
have a 28 oz coming. i swing 27.5 now. got the 28 because it is said that it swings light. will be here on wed. thought about the end load but not sure about exclusive bats. why would easton put out a special bat only for one dealer ?

the exclusive is a 12" EL
the regular release is a 13" balanced

morat1959

Thanks for the reviews! I ordered a 26oz.today. I've got about 500 cuts on my 26oz. Dudley. Webbing all over the bat. Didn't break in till around 400 cuts. It's a great bat right now. Hope I get 500-700 more cuts out of it. Can't wait to get the Salvo to compare em.

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
The Salvo is another great Senior Bat. It now comes in a End Loaded and a Balanced model.

Mighty Mike Macenko

newsurfer06

Addicted to Softballfans
Put another 50 hits on the bat today and it was just spitting out hellfire missiles all over the field. Might add the endloaded version as well to my arsenal.

Last edited:

Playr4

Coach
I put another 80 swings off a tee with the Salvo. I was working on trying to correct my occasional down swing, after seeing Kens video The bat is spitting fire like mentioned before. Have a total of about 250 hits on it. No signs of webbing. In my opinion, I think this bat will last about 2000 swings. Just my opinion. Been hitting blue dots and 44/375 balls to break in this mother. Temps were in the 80's today. Sweet spot is getting larger. From the middle of the A to the end of the V in the word Salvo.

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
Doing very good. I am getting around as normal. Pretty smooth the walk. No pain... It has been 6 months now. Very happy with Dr. Keppler...
Thanks for asking...

Mighty Mike Macenko