Ebay bat prices

lafn1996

Starting Player
Looking around on Ebay, and there's some RIDICULOUS prices. Many J3A's at $500+; 2014 Juggy's $300+. Do they really sell at these prices, hoping for someone that doesn't know better?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
those bats are getting rare, and they have a high demand. so the price goes up. there's a j3a NR with 100 hits on it here asking $240.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
its more fair market than ignorance. even stupid people notice a bat selling for more than most bats and can look it up to see its a top bat. you gotta remember that most people still pay retail and have never even thought of the concept of a softball forum. on the bay they also have to mark up to pay for the fees and whathaveyou. you can find some really good deals on the bay as well that sometimes drive the prices here down. a couple months ago the silver/pink CL22 was selling for $129 NIW w receipt on the bay. not too shabby.

but rare/great bats have always demanded a higher price. and in most cases there are people with more money than sense who will eventually buy them.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
its more fair market than ignorance. even stupid people notice a bat selling for more than most bats and can look it up to see its a top bat. you gotta remember that most people still pay retail and have never even thought of the concept of a softball forum. on the bay they also have to mark up to pay for the fees and whathaveyou. you can find some really good deals on the bay as well that sometimes drive the prices here down. a couple months ago the silver/pink CL22 was selling for $129 NIW w receipt on the bay. not too shabby.

but rare/great bats have always demanded a higher price. and in most cases there are people with more money than sense who will eventually buy them.

This is true^^^ I emailed the guy selling the Tiphoon and he said last week he sold one for $849 so his NIW one selling for $999 wasn't too far fetched...:wtf2:

MPT23

Putting on the foil
If they can find suckers to pay those crazy prices, more power to them. Just wont be me. My personal faves are NIW geezer for 450 and NIW asa rd28 27 oz. for 769.

TRaj2327

It's the same 3-4 dip****s that think they control the market. The market isn't dictated by a handful of taints that sell a bat after it sits on an EBay listing for 30-60 days.

sjury

The Old Man
I have a bat and I want to sell it, I can ask $500 for it, and I sell it in 90 days, but I have to hold onto the bat for that long, taking up space, renewing my listing, etc...Or I can list it on SBF for $200 and ship it out tomorrow. As a seller I need to understand my market, and accept the waiting period, and extra work for the higher price, but even on SBF there are guys that will pay more for something they really want.

Value on a product, is different for each person. My ex wife collected Hummel figures and some she paid hundreds for, some she got at rummage sales for $10. She had no problem buying something the cat could knock off the bookcase and was completely useless. But she looked at my bats and basically told me a Walmart bat will hit a ball, why pay $200 to $300 for one?

The thing that I find funny is if I ask $500 for my $200 bat, there will be 20 guys telling me how ridiculous the price is and I'm an idiot, and no one will pay it, BUT if I list my $200 bat for $50, hardly anyone will tell me I'm grossly under priced, and guys will be falling over themselves trying to buy it. My advice is unless they ask for a price check let them sell it for whatever they want. My ex wife got a set of 6 figures and the boxes for $10 a piece, she bought them and never told the lady the complete sets were going for $1200. I asked her if she felt guilty about, and she said "Hell No, it only takes 5 minutes to google the pricing online, too bad for her." It's the same, no matter what you're buying and selling.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
My Rush98 I just sold on here for $65 is now on fleabay for $150 ROFL. I personally dc what someone does with a bat after I sell it to them but I do find it amusing when I see someone trying to sell a bat for literally 2x it's value. But then again as someone else stated theres idiots out there who will pay it so more power to them hell theres someone trying to sell a Rush120 on here for over 2x it's value but I highly doubt he'll get anywhere close on this site

single wally

Professional Amateur
Looking around on Ebay, and there's some RIDICULOUS prices. Many J3A's at $500+; 2014 Juggy's $300+.

its more fair market than ignorance.

$500 for J3A and $300 for '14 Juggy has little to do with fair market value.

As for the NIW titaniums and other older rarities, yes, they are collectors items and fetch a premium, but that's not what the OP was referring to.

lwomafioso

Addicted to Softballfans
i buy a lot of bats on fleabay for top dollar ( 8 steels NIW for $200 to $225 each in last 2 weeks alone ) .i play on 2 league teams and 2 tournament teams and i'll get bats for guys who dont have or dont wanna sign up paypal or bay accounts etc .and if i dont like the bat for whatever reason i will resell it asap ,sometimes at a loss and sometimes at a small profit or breaak even considering the percentage that bay taxes sellers for each item sold ..and then i buy MORE bats for me .. ive sold a few HERE at SF prices and im fine with the idea that SF is for someone who wants to USE it for softball... i must say ive never actually "flipped" a SF bat for profit the day after i get it .. if i dont like it i'll unload for same or less than what i paid for it to keep the good deal karma going .. i also pick up tons of bats at flea markets or thrift stores and dpeneding on how quickly i wanna get rid of them i sell em for whatever price they bring ... i have seen some folks buy bats here and then they pop up on the bay 3 days later for much more $$$$$$ ... a lot of times i sell them locally to guys i see use them everyday so i dont mind lower cash prices to them .... generally as long as i get what i want for a bat i dont care if soemone re sells it for more... but when i give soemone a HUGE deal and then see it flipped for way more on bay i just will never give that person a deal again

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
$500 for J3A and $300 for '14 Juggy has little to do with fair market value.

As for the NIW titaniums and other older rarities, yes, they are collectors items and fetch a premium, but that's not what the OP was referring to.

it is fair market. obviously they are going for a lot of money or it would be pointless to ask for that high of a price. i already posted a J3A NR with 100 hits is asking $240 here. so $500 for a NIW returnable isn't too far fetched. i'm not sure what you're unclear of here.

the point is, who gives a **** what a seller is asking. if you are ok with paying the price, go for it. if not, pass on it until you can find a better deal or look for a different bat. it does no good to complain about it.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Do a search on ebay for sold listings of the J3A, do you see them selling for $500-$600? $300 for a '14 Juggy? Nope. List prices are not what they are getting.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Do a search on ebay for sold listings of the J3A, do you see them selling for $500-$600? $300 for a '14 Juggy? Nope. List prices are not what they are getting.

THe guy selling the Tiphoon runs a "store" also. You can email him offers on any of the bats he has up on ebay and he will pull the listing if your offer is near his price...just FYI

uprising

Extra Hitter
When I get bats that I know are big money Z2k+, Niw scx3, scn3, I've always sold/ traded them for what I thought was the average going price..I'd rather hook a bro up then make him over pay...just my .02

ekim525

Addicted to Softballfans
its just a little tough to see someone buy a bat from a legitimate company for 299.00 and then try and sell it for 425.00 to 600.00 which I understand the way the world works but the tough part is then they charge you for shipping @#%!

dbantz

Manager
The thing with Ebay is the seller is basically eating 14% in fees plus shipping a lot of the times. So if they sell a bat for $500 with free shipping they are getting hit with close to $90 dollars in shipping and fees if you ship the proper way with full insurance, sig required delivery, paypal fees, and eBay's 10 percent fee. Unless you're buying from a bulk seller, ebay has ruined getting a deal.