Fake receipts

mjs

Dodging bullets
If you buy a bat, return the bat, and bat comes back as sent with a fake receipt, what would be a valid and fair offer to make things right?

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
You are screwed. Proving that it is the same bat... Hard. Plus the CS reps have screwed people on legit receipts before too....so there is that

mjs

Dodging bullets
stop overthinking it....my question is: Does the person who sold me the bat owe me anything because of the fake receipt...He said he believed it was valid

-Six-

Weiner
that's pretty tough call. the fake receipt is bull **** if you bought it thinking it was returnable. Im leaning towards nixter. But a full year and a few months would make it hard to determine how much use you got.

A NIW NR bat

still think if you bought it as a Returnable then it should be honored as such because of the fake.

stop overthinking it....my question is: Does the person who sold me the bat owe me anything because of the fake receipt...He said he believed it was valid

imo yes....

addicted2bats

mjs.....dont forget to mention that you swung the bat on a day when the high was 44 and the low was 26 when it broke.......

If you bought a used bat with a "valid receipt" in someone elses name, then nothing is owed to you as every manufacturer says that is against their return policy.

If you bought a used bat and the seller gave you a "valid receipt" in your name and it came back as a fake receipt, nothing is owed to you.

If you bought a NIW bat from a seller, who led you to believe that he/she was an authorized dealer, then yes something is owed to you.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Receipts aren't supposed to be transferrable. That being said if the person bought a bat thinking it had a valid receipt and he could return it then he is due something back from the person who provided the invalid receipt. That amount is based on the value of the bat IMO. Somewhere between $20-50...

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Technically this is the risk of buying used. Whether it's fake or not really is negated by the fact that we all know warranties aren't transferable. I'd say he took a risk in offering his word on the bat also. $20-40 bucks

Lucky34

Putting on the foil
I would only expect a returnable bat if I bought it from an authorized dealer. If I bought a bat from somebody on here, I wouldn't expect them to lie about the bat, but I wouldn't expect it to be returnable at all.
That's just me though.

SESC1001

FSU Nation

Do you believe the seller since he thought it was a valid receipt? Secondly, did the manufacture black list you for using a fake receipt? Depending on what happen with the fake receipt, the seller should offer something to make it right. I would offer 25% back as a refund for what you paid on bat.

mjs

Dodging bullets
OK. so far here is where we are at....you can't transfer receipts, but people do and that is o.k....And the amount due sounds fair at 20 dollars?

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication

No buying a bat second hand used or new is a risk the buyer accepts when they send payment...

Stop buying used with receipt and keep the brick and mortar dealers in business... What is wrong with people these days... :rolleyes:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Receipts aren't supposed to be transferrable. That being said if the person bought a bat thinking it had a valid receipt and he could return it then he is due something back from the person who provided the invalid receipt. That amount is based on the value of the bat IMO. Somewhere between $20-50...

What if said person really wasn't clear on the proper way to return a bat and receipt was legit...for someone else?

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
OK. so far here is where we are at....you can't transfer receipts, but people do and that is o.k....And the amount due sounds fair at 20 dollars?

He should cover your shipping at least $10-15,,,,,then the difference between a receipted bat and one without. Usually $10-20 and then whatever pain and mental anguish you're seeking restitution for IMO.

bamaboy1626

You need my opinion!!!
you aren't owed anything.... unless you bought from an authorized delear your receipt was null and void in the first place.

mjs

Dodging bullets
He should cover your shipping at least $10-15,,,,,then the difference between a receipted bat and one without. Usually $10-20 and then whatever pain and mental anguish you're seeking restitution for IMO.

oh, it isn't for me....it is for another thread....just wanting clarification....

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
Was the receipt actually fake or was the place that sold it just not an authorizdd retailer?