Fake receipts

hulk_023

I dont think he is owed anything like everyone has said receipts are NOT Transferable every one here knows that and knows your taking that risk that the receipt could possible not work for the return. Weather it is fake or not you knew buying the bat that your name was not the one on the receipt and yet he proceded to buy the bat anyway. That was your fault and it was also your fault for swinging in 40 degree temps. I feel You swung it hoping it would break and you could possible return for a new 13 bat.. YOU viloated the demarini return policy yourself reguard less of if the receipt would have worked or not.. Og seller didn't have to but offered a more then reasonable amount to make right but buyer chose to be greedy there IMO nothing is owed

DemPhenom

Receipts aren't supposed to be transferrable. That being said if the person bought a bat thinking it had a valid receipt and he could return it then he is due something back from the person who provided the invalid receipt. That amount is based on the value of the bat IMO. Somewhere between $20-50...

I see a lot of people saying this and it is 1000% true.

Now can someone tell me with this forum allows the transfer of receipts, which helps with the theft of bats from manufacturers, on its platform?

hulk_023

Was the receipt actually fake or was the place that sold it just not an authorizdd retailer?

Buyer said he was told that Demarini called to verify and store told them that on that date they never sold that bat.. it was a PIAS store

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't you also need to mention that the bat was held onto for months after it broke to see what new bats were coming out?

Damn those back and forth threads were a riveting read.

That being said I would say nothing is owed. I have had legit receipts declined before and I have returned bats without a receipt no problem. It’s at the discretion of the manufacturer if they want to honor the return or not. A legit receipt is not a guarantee of anything.

sjury

The Old Man
Receipts aren't supposed to be transferrable. That being said if the person bought a bat thinking it had a valid receipt and he could return it then he is due something back from the person who provided the invalid receipt. That amount is based on the value of the bat IMO. Somewhere between $20-50...

Now can someone tell me with this forum allows the transfer of receipts, which helps with the theft of bats from manufacturers, on its platform?

I saw this on another thread. And I think it was Tedders that said SBF does not facilitate any used equipment transactions. Every transaction is Buyer Beware, unless you buy the product new from the SBF Store. No bats are returnable unless it's from the original owner and purchased from an authorized dealer. People that sell bats returnable with or without the receipt are doing so without SBF consent. He suggested that the buyers buy every bat as a NR bat, because it is.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes

Words of a hypocrite here.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Forfor every single one of you that say receipts aren't transferable at all try returning a bat to demarini that doesn't have your name on it....u will find out why demarini customer service is #1 in the industry

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
he owes you another receipt so you can try it again...

^^^^this is about it!

Saw a similar debate in another thread. Forget about the warranty not being transferrable, and forget about the length of time it took to return. Warranties are made to protect the buyer against a manufacturer defect. If the bat took 3000 cuts and broke, that is not a legitimate reason for warranty. Though that may not be the case in this instance; using the bat outside of the recommended temperature range, storing the bat outside of the temperature range, and using a different compression ball then the manufacturer recommends are a few other things that can/may void your warranty.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Forfor every single one of you that say receipts aren't transferable at all try returning a bat to demarini that doesn't have your name on it....u will find out why demarini customer service is #1 in the industry

Most companies actually have writing that says they aren't transferable. I'm sure each company/cs rep can bend the rules as they see fit, but demarini has no such language

Along with insane dedication to performance comes an insane dedication to quality. Our technology and durability is unmatched and we offer an exceptional warranty to secure your investment. If you have any questions or comments about your DeMarini, our customer service folks are available at (800) 937-2287.

“DeMarini offers an exceptional warranty to secure your investment. If under warranty, our policy is to provide you with repair or one time replacement of your bat within one year from the date of purchase. The DeMarini Factory Warranty covers the following three items- there are no other warranties.

1-A severely dented bat for one year from the date of purchase.

2-The end-plug and knob may be repaired or replaced if found defective for one year from the date of purchase.

3-Cracked from normal use for one year from the date of purchase.

No warranty without receipt. Please keep your receipt. This is a manufacturers warranty. Do not return your bat to the authorized dealer. Your original dated receipt from an authorized dealer is required. Bats not purchased from an authorized dealer do not carry a warranty of any kind. PayPal, eBay or any other auction site receipts will not be considered. “

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
If you bought a used bat with a "valid receipt" in someone elses name, then nothing is owed to you as every manufacturer says that is against their return policy.

If you bought a used bat and the seller gave you a "valid receipt" in your name and it came back as a fake receipt, nothing is owed to you.

If you bought a NIW bat from a seller, who led you to believe that he/she was an authorized dealer, then yes something is owed to you.

Perfectly said...

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't see where it says non-transferable. It basically just says don't send us Ebay or Paypal receipts.

supaman

Extra Hitter
I don't see where it says non-transferable. It basically just says don't send us Ebay or Paypal receipts.

It doesn't say the words "non-transferable" but it says that you must have YOUR original receipt from an AUTHORIZED dealer.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Hey retards he's saying Demarini will take back a legit receipt in another person's name....

Try it and find out.... He's saying he has sent in legit receipts and got returns from receipts not in his name....

Wow the stupidity is running rampant lately... Oh wait it's March. :rolleyes:

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey retards he's saying Demarini will take back a legit receipt in another person's name....

Try it and find out.... He's saying he has sent in legit receipts and got returns from receipts not in his name....

Wow the stupidity is running rampant lately... Oh wait it's March. :rolleyes:

it goes in like a lion

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
stop overthinking it....my question is: Does the person who sold me the bat owe me anything because of the fake receipt...He said he believed it was valid

No, receipts should only be valid to the original purchaser anyways

FreakShow34

One minute left
If you bought a used bat with a "valid receipt" in someone elses name, then nothing is owed to you as every manufacturer says that is against their return policy.

If you bought a used bat and the seller gave you a "valid receipt" in your name and it came back as a fake receipt, nothing is owed to you.

If you bought a NIW bat from a seller, who led you to believe that he/she was an authorized dealer, then yes something is owed to you.

Pretty much

This is why I have started buying NIW NR bats or on the cheap from teammates.

Balls Deeper

Balls Deep or go home!
Ok one thing that wasn't mentioned is after all offers were off the table to buyer (which is myself) asked for something very simple, but it was also rejected (which is his right) but it wasn't asking for money or and type of refunding other than a simple apology about sending me a fake receipt, which even from the start never happened.

I guess an apology was too much to ask for after agreeing that the money situation was dumb and I didn't wanna deal with that anymore so was not expecting any money.

kroc

Manager
I am confused. Since 99% of the members of this board apparently agree that receipts are not transferable, why is it that on the selling board, the first question asked on every single listing thread is whether the seller has a receipt? If its not transferable, why does a bat with a receipt sell for more than one without, since the receipt would arguably possess no value due to its non-transferability? I am talking about otherwise valid receipts.