Famous pros that hit for average?

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
You mean anytime I don't strike out it doesn't automatically count as a hit regardless of the result?

FC is a no-brainer, but I disagree w/Sacs. It already counts against your OBP, no need for it to count against AVG as well...

IMO, if you go 3/4 w/a sac fly you hit .745 on the day with a .600 OBP

And by "IMO" I mean common knowledge...

Actually it's common knowledge that 3/4 is .750

Again... I said batting less than .800 in slow-pitch softball...

I play an ASA Men's Competitive League. And yes, i can get a hit 8 out of 10 trips to the plate...

Why is this so hard for you guys?

Our next tourney is in a week or so..We will even find something at BLD Chino Hills..

Come out and play with us, I will even pay your fees..

Then you can come back here and not look like a dumbass

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Batting over .750 in both leagues I play in...it is just league though. 22-25 my last open tournament which was 0-6 call at the plate.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans

I play an ASA Men's Competitive League. And yes, i can get a hit 8 out of 10 trips to the plate...

Oh I didn't know it was competitive league. Hahahaha league hero. Hit 700 in the conference and come talk to me. Until then just remember your awesome......in league. Hahahaha

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
I've only ever seen one guy that was a legit 800 hitter.....

Last year I started out on fire because I worked at a batting cage and took ~200 cuts a day in the cages... after I didn't work there... it slowly went down down down... I think I ended the year around .700 leading the team. Hitting a legit 800 would be a task at any level. You couldn't have one slump.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I've only ever seen one guy that was a legit 800 hitter.....

No one is a legit 800 hitter. By saying that your saying he hits 800 year in and year out. Outside of league 800 hitters do not exist. People can touch it a time or two but not consistantly. Which makes you a legit 800 hitter

Sherwood17

Mizuno Field Advisor
Oh I didn't know it was competitive league. Hahahaha league hero. Hit 700 in the conference and come talk to me. Until then just remember your awesome......in league. Hahahaha

His ASA Competitie League > The Conference. Cmon JHall, you didnt know this? I bet he doesnt even know what The Conference is.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
His ASA Competitie League > The Conference. Cmon JHall, you didnt know this? I bet he doesnt even know what The Conference is.

How could I not know that!!!! Hahahaha a conference call is the closest thing he will get to understanding. :)

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Oooooh, we were talking .800+ in league? Well then! I was 34-37 in ASA Competitive Co-ed (lulz...) last fall, so I'm a .919 hitter. :D

Hey guys, am I the only one who thinks hitting less than .900 in slowpitch softball is terrible!?

:rolleyes:

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Oooooh, we were talking .800+ in league? Well then! I was 34-37 in ASA Competitive Co-ed (lulz...) last fall, so I'm a .919 hitter. :D

Hey guys, am I the only one who thinks hitting less than .900 in slowpitch softball is terrible!?

:rolleyes:
Really like what you've done here

hitting .800 in league (depending on the rules) is tough but not impossible considering you probably only play 20 games

.800 in touraments is basically impossible...finishing .700+ is great.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Just want to point out conference, tourney, leagues whatever......any ****brick can get a hit 8 9 10 times out of 10 AB's. It's what you do in 80-100+ AB's that makes BA/OBP useful. LOL at people who think they hit .945 because their league lasts 6 games, or quoting OBP from one tournement. :rolleyes:

sample size bishes

Prime24/7

Addicted to Softballfans
Then i should be called up at any time now I'm hitting a .1000 = 4HR, 2 Dbles, 8walks, 4 Sac in 6 games I'm on my way to the Show. LOL

FAT JESUS

More than likely

LMFAO!!!! Hey give Resmondo a call, I hear they are looking for a lead-off guy.

****ING CLASSIC!!!

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont get it twisted, Ichiro can mash, but that is not his job as a lead-off hitter. I've been following his career dating back to when he played here (Japan) for the Orix Blue Wave. Oh, and he also has a gold glove and a cannon!

Lastly, 200 hits for 10 straight season. He will be the first Japanese ball player elected to the HOF. ;)
I disagree completely. He gets on base well, he isn't a double play possibility in most cases, and he doesn't strike out often, he puts the ball in play and is very clutch.

He is arguably one of the best hitters EVER.
Disagree. Great player, no doubt hall of fame, and great at getting on base, but he's not a "masher" or a great hitter. He makes his living off running out ground balls that few have the speed to beat.

Haha.
Then i should be called up at any time now I'm hitting a .1000 = 4HR, 2 Dbles, 8walks, 4 Sac in 6 games I'm on my way to the Show. LOL
.1000 isn't very impressive either. It's actually pretty horrible.