Fence Length

whitaker201

Addicted to Softballfans
One park is 280' all around and the other is 280' down the lines and 330' to center. Just a league chump here.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think I have seen any fence's shorter that 285 at the BLD's I've been too. But most of the replicas have alot of diffrent measurments. The one in Perris and in Mira loma has a diagram with the measuremets on them.

If thats the case I feel better about those pop up hrs. I cant find them for BLD Gilbert, searched all over the interwebz.

Steve99

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league ones are 285 all the way around. Our Sunday League is around 290 lines and 310 center, but one field is like 265 line and 290 center. Most of my USSSA tournaments are 300 all the way around

dynamcpunk

Addicted to Softballfans
If thats the case I feel better about those pop up hrs. I cant find them for BLD Gilbert, searched all over the interwebz.

The next time your there check by the front entrance they usually have a map of the Park that has measurements on it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
One complex 300' all the way around, one complex 315' all the way. Leagues in both use 52 300 balls. Played on one in spring that is 320 in the corners and 345 to center. everybody has to cover a football field in the outfield

Fsgaming

Addicted to Softballfans
league fences 255 down the lines. 270 to center.. use gold dots and asa sticks. 7 hr limit.. fun times.

aztecas

Addicted to Softballfans
we have 3 fields 2 of them are 300' because they bring in the other sets of fences to make it short..........field B is 350' all around

midnight89

Bat Huer
300 all around here is the standard.

New Jersey was interesting....played on a bunch of open fields, one 250' field with a 30 foot wall to bang it off of and another field that was 320 in center and open in left and right (think about that one for a while).

Also, really enjoyed playing the local "lakes" fastpitch fields -- left field ends in a lake on one field. Seen plenty of balls fly in and a couple guys end up in the drink trying to make a play!

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Saturdays...
210ish down LF line, 275ish to CF, 390 (effectively open) to RF. HRs are a version of "one and one up". The fences are your standard 4ft or whatever chain link fences.

Mondays...
Open (500ft?) down LF, 280ft to CF, 260 to RF. Unlimited HRs. These aren't actually fences, but there's a sidewalk going around the field.

broy7

Triple Double No Assists
Tuesdays and Thursdays is 305 all around and Fridays/Tournies is turf and 300 all the way around. No crazy dimensions for us

Blueman

Star Player
BLD has all kinds of dimensions but wont mark them. I have measured a few. Yankee is 295 in the alleys and 300 in center. Sportsman is 290 in the alleys and 300 to center. Polo Grounds is 300 down the line, jutting out quickly to 310 and in the nook before center is 330. Center is 320. Rangers center is 295ish and right is 285. Left at Rangers is stupid. Have had a can o corn get blown out by the wind. Am thinking 260ish but havent walked it. Also Ebbets has a really short right probably 260ish as well.(the bloop/bunt triple story) Left there is 290ish. Wrigley has center around 320.(114 strides) Measured that one as it was the only texas summer home run I have ever hit.(with an asa doublewall) The stars aligned. Yankee is the only one I had a roller measure on. The rest were walked to gauge distance. Genrally 106 good strides=300ft. Also, home to 3rd is ALWAYS 23 steps. 65/23 equal 2.82 per stride. 300/106= 2.83. Math is close. Have done this on marked fields and am always 104-108 steps for 300 ft. Thats why all the ish's, not exact but are close. Could be off 5 ft here or there. Eventually will get a roller back out there.

elan6148

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry it took me so long I was out there with a tape measure. Left field is 300 ft 6 inches, center is 301 ft 1 in, and right is 299 feet 11 inches. I guess my best chance is to hit it out to right.

JoeG3

Doesnt matter, had sex
Main ASA complex is 300 all around on 8 fields. Older complex is 275-280 all the way around on 5 fields.

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
One complex has three fields that are 285' all the way around and one of them is 295' with 8' fences. Most other fields are 300' all the way around though there are a couple of turf fields in the area. One is 300' down the lines and 310' to center. The other turf is 321' down the lines, 364' to center and 380' to the power alley in right. That field also has a 20' high fence/net. You can't miss hit balls out of that field very easily.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is some funny ****. Its like a **** measuring contest for everyones fields. My fields are 490 all around and I drop bombs daily. Your fields suck. Come at me bro. :cool:

Coonass

Addicted to Softballfans
One complex we play at is 300' all the way around on all 4 fields.

Winter league is 275ish its a temp fence so its hard to tell.

We also play on a field that is 315 down the lines and about 365 to center.

nickbahh

Addicted to Softballfans
One complex is 300' all around
Other has four different fields
Current season is 280' with a 30ft fence in Right, 310 in center, 320 in right.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
The fields on base are 285' all around w/ 6' fences.....the wind blows straight in from LF 99% of the time so HR's are actually more rare than you'd think

The off base leagues I play in are 300'

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
Three complexes have four fields that are 300' all the way around-8'. SPC and HSP fields range from 275-300' 8-10' fences or bld here has fields that are from left to right
Crosley 285-310-285
Yankee 280-296-280
Fenway 263-312-304
Ebbets 282-309-271
Sportsmans 285-305-285
Wrigley 285-300-284

jstrong

They love to hate me
I play in one league which is a small field, easy to run through your HRs but the good teams will hit 3 line drives off the fence and have the fourth guy clean it up. The smaller field I feel makes you have to be a better hitter if the HR limits are low.

Smaller field allows teams to either run 4 outfields and basically cut off all gap shots so you have to line off the fence or run 5 man and still be able to handle the OF.