Finished 1st week of P90X2

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
Congrats, what are your goals? Which plan are you doing?

Just doing the reg one. This will be my second go round on this one. Just trying to get back in better shape. After 90 days I'm going to take a few weeks off and then go back to my old workouts to bulk up about 5-8 lbs. I still like the first one better.

demariniproud

Addicted to Softballfans
I liked the first one better too. I did insanity about a year ago for the first time and the first two days I thought I was supposed to keep up with them, well day three rolled around and I could barely move. Lesson learned.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much floor space do these require, and can you do the chin up work on a door frame hanging bar? We got one, but haven't started it yet. I hate having to stop in the middle to rearrange furniture.

We also got hardwood flooring. Will a yoga mat be all we need for the floor stuff?

DSNuts48

Badass
How much floor space do these require, and can you do the chin up work on a door frame hanging bar? We got one, but haven't started it yet. I hate having to stop in the middle to rearrange furniture.

We also got hardwood flooring. Will a yoga mat be all we need for the floor stuff?

I would get some of those puzzle mats for the plyo.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA

I do it all in my living room. I move the coach and it's on. I also use the doorway chin up bar and has worked great for 3 years. I would get a yoga mat if wood floors.

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
First one seems more for putting on muscle and is tougher IMO. The second focuses more on strengthing the core and with more cardio.

Thanks. I think I'll stick with the first one. I want to work on strength and can get cardio from running or the elliptical.

BNJ13

WorldVentures
I like X2 better. I wouldnt say its more about cardio - both plyometrics from P90X and plyocide from P90X2 kick my ass equally. P90x is a 6 day program, whereas X2 is a 5 day program (no Kenpo). The X2 Yoga is shorter, but still on the point. X2 definitely puts a greater emphasis on core and working secondary/balancing muscles. A lot of excercises are done on one leg - 1 leg squats, warrior 3 curls/extensions, 1 leg shoulder presses, etc... I think this isolates the muscles a bit more and makes it harder to use momentum or legs to push the weight up.

That being said, I did not get that much out of the PAP in X2, and would rather just continue doing the phase 2 exercises (or modify with some P90X exercises instead).

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I liked the first one better too. I did insanity about a year ago for the first time and the first two days I thought I was supposed to keep up with them, well day three rolled around and I could barely move. Lesson learned.

Same here. I'm only three weeks in and you have to pace yourself. I can handle most of it but the jumping moves drain me in a hurry.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just so I'm clear, y'all have no problem doing this and playing league? Do you do this in the morning or just skip when you have games?

DemPhenom

Just so I'm clear, y'all have no problem doing this and playing league? Do you do this in the morning or just skip when you have games?

I make it so I have rest/stretch on league game. I play twice a week so the other day I do both p90x and play, if you have the time you can do it, it's hard when you work long hours or go to school ( like me) but I make it work.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I make it so I have rest/stretch on league game. I play twice a week so the other day I do both p90x and play, if you have the time you can do it, it's hard when you work long hours or go to school ( like me) but I make it work.

I work medium hours, but I'm old. :D That was my main concern.

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans

I prefer not to do any P90x videos on days I play. I'll just do cardio.

I too work medium hours, and am old. :p

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Insanity gives you the day off every seven days, I scheduled it so its on Fridays (only night I play regularly). It's tough but not so hard that you're wiped out for the rest of the night anyway. You could do it and still play after.

Scott P

Starting Player
I'm starting a P90X/P90X2/insanity hybrid. I just need to figure out how I'm going to integrate the various workouts. I'ma bigger an of P90X, but want to give X2 another shot.

DemPhenom

I'm starting a P90X/P90X2/insanity hybrid. I just need to figure out how I'm going to integrate the various workouts. I'ma bigger an of P90X, but want to give X2 another shot.

I'm doing 3 weight p90 days, 2 insanity days, 1 yoga day. I follow the basic p90 schedule and replace plyometrics with max cardio circuit, and replace kenpo x with max interval plyo also, I replace ab ripper once a week with insane abs.