Flag Fail

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
"Good job," ECA. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11295569_1094057230611722_5491289033742069167_n.jpg

why don't you just step on it while you're at it?

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
From the Institute of Heraldry:

"When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer's right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward."

rat bastard

From the Institute of Heraldry:

"When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer's right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward."

Correct^^^

sjury

The Old Man
This is why there shouldn't be flags on shirts. Seriously, if you're not playing internationally I see no reason for it. Technically, it's not supposed to be on an athletic shirt, and if it is on clothing it should be a patch, that can be removed and retired accordingly.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
This is why there shouldn't be flags on shirts. Seriously, if you're not playing internationally I see no reason for it. Technically, it's not supposed to be on an athletic shirt, and if it is on clothing it should be a patch, that can be removed and retired accordingly.

Yep ^^^^^

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked

Yep ^^^^^

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

...i know

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

exactly .

Mars637

Coach
I've seen worse done to our flag by our fellow "Americans". That's just another slowpitch dri-fit that only represents the wearer, nothing else. I proudly served that flag for 3 years. This particular screw up doesn't bother me. A for effort, F for execution.

Yatzeelogoz

Stop it Stoopit
Its admirable to have a American flag represented on your teams uniform in a time where people stomp and burn the flag. I served in the Marine Corps for 4 years and to me it doesn't bother me if its incorrect especially if your a civilian!

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Its admirable to have a American flag represented on your teams uniform in a time where people stomp and burn the flag. I served in the Marine Corps for 4 years and to me it doesn't bother me if its incorrect especially if your a civilian!

I don't think it's that big of a deal either and since there are no real regulations on how civilians display the flag on clothing, I say go for it.

Wearing it backwards on the right sleeve is more directed at military personnel. I still follow those guidelines when I do my designs, but it isn't mandatory like it is for military uniforms.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
Are these really fails? There is no real guidance for civilian use of the flag on sports uniforms other than this: "No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

So, if a civilian team does use a flag on their uniform are they held to that rule? This can be debated until we are all blue in the face. Will the flag police arrest them? I am a retired Coastie and find nothing wrong or offensive with either of the uniforms posted. Spit on it, stomp on it, or disrespect it in any other way and we have issues.

sjury

The Old Man
I agree with part one, it shouldn't be on an athletic uniform, because you slide head first into first, and run it through the dirt, or get tackled on a football field, get leg tackled in soccer, etc. That's the reasoning behind not having it on an athletic uniform. It really has no purpose to be there, but I can see an exception for a team competing internationally.

The Flag Code was adopted by the Senate as guidelines for the public. There is no Flag Police, lol, and the penalties and fines in the book are for military personnel, unfortunately, because I think any idiot that wants to make a statement with the flag should suffer the consequences.

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
When I do a design that a flag is requested I always put it on by stars to the heart. Most of the time customers will tell me that it is backwards. I will kindly inform them of the "code" and will tell them there are three options, switch the sleeve, be right or be wrong. 9 times out of 10 it works out the right way when explained. I just don't like it because people will think it was the designer that screwed it up when it is the customer that wants it that way.