For everyone on here not swinging shaved sticks

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
What's your reason for not swinging glass? I play in leagues and tournys where I know people swing glass.

I just can't bring myself to do it. I figure that if I need a shaved stick to hit well then I shouldn't be playin ball.

I was just curious why people don't swing glass...

If I hurt someone with a stock bat, I'd feel bad but would get over it.
If I hurt someone with a shaver, I'd feel terrible.

I don't need a shaved bat, I hit hard enough without one.

xshawnxearthx

Addicted to Softballfans
I have no bat control and If i accidently went middle or nailed an infielder I'd feel horrible if I seriously hurt them.

I think a guy on my team is swinging glass. Luckily he hasn't done anything but hit HR's. Part of me hopes it blows up on the field and he gets banned and then gets fired for cheating on an office sponsored team. I actually hope I'm wrong and dude is just good.

ALo4

Grit-Grind-Grizz
integrity... personal pride... i will walk away from the game before i become a cheater.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
hurting someone or catching a ban......you can see by my avy I am man of zero personal standards

If you are into fat chicks, that doesn't mean your standards are low, just different. To you, a fat ***** might be a 10 while someone is 34-22-38 might be a 5! The way I look at it and I always have seen it this way is that it seems like its the guys that can already hit homeruns that get them. Me, I could benefit from one because I only hit about 3-5 a season. I don't because my average is good enough and if it ever plummeted, that means its time to quit. As far as guys getting hurt excuse, a strong guy with a stock stick can hurt someone just as easily. If the person playing defense has bad reflexes, that's on them

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
I'm still LOL'ing at you folks who don't want to be accused of swinging a shaved bat. If you haven't been accused of it you aren't hitting it very well.

It sucks but it's the new age of softball. If you're not 6'4" 300 and you're hitting it well everybody and their brother will swear you are swinging a cut stick. Even if one gets protested and it comes back clean people still won't accept a certain bat was stock. Folks just have a hard time believing their are others out there better at something than they are...it's a hard pill to swallow.

comal

Starting Player
To anyone swinging glass, I'm talking to YOU.

Shaved bats are for guys ZERO respect for themselves, the game, their opponents, opponents' families, their teammates, their wives, girlfriends, their friends, and their own family. The problem runs much deeper. Although none of them will ever admit to it....These type of people typically have low self esteem, poor self-image, or some other psychological disturbance going on in their every day life. Sadly their mental anguish spills over onto the softball field.

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you feel the need to cheat in slow-pitch softball. It must be tough for you to look at yourself in the mirror every day and see a shady little cheater staring back. You will get exposed eventually.

thorrider350

Addicted to Softballfans

Shaved bats are for guys ZERO respect for themselves, the game, their opponents, opponents' families, their teammates, their wives, girlfriends, their friends, and their own family. The problem runs much deeper. Although none of them will ever admit to it....These type of people typically have low self esteem, poor self-image, or some other psychological disturbance going on in their every day life. Sadly their mental anguish spills over onto the softball field.

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you feel the need to cheat in slow-pitch softball. It must be tough for you to look at yourself in the mirror every day and see a shady little cheater staring back. You will get exposed eventually.

what if you swing glass because you can get it cheaper than what you would pay for a bat from the store?

Long Bombers 7

LB7 a One Man Wolf Pack
I'm still LOL'ing at you folks who don't want to be accused of swinging a shaved bat. If you haven't been accused of it you aren't hitting it very well.

It sucks but it's the new age of softball. If you're not 6'4" 300 and you're hitting it well everybody and their brother will swear you are swinging a cut stick. Even if one gets protested and it comes back clean people still won't accept a certain bat was stock. Folks just have a hard time believing their are others out there better at something than they are...it's a hard pill to swallow.

this is the troof for sure.....good post.

and your getting over excited right now...im pretty sure guys that use shaved bats dont lose sleep over it at night.

Lord7

Banned User

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Take my most recent game for example. Last Saturday night, we had a 9:00 and had quite a crowd from both sides. Moms, Dads, Kids, Wives, Friends, you name it, they were there watching. And truth be told, they were bored. How many times did I hear someone's child say, "Hit a homerun daddy!" only to end up with the poor dad grounding out to me at 3b. This crowd needed some excitment and I was going to deliver. So, around the 5th inning I pulled out "trusty rusty" from my bag, a OG Miken Recoil (Kind of a misnomber because it was brand new and the 1st time I ever used it). End result was a 360 foot shot into the pine trees in right centerfield. I brought electricity to the field, a very intense 5 seconds. Even the other team and their wives were happy to see a ball hit like that. I served as a role model for these wives and kids that dream that someday their husband/daddy can terrorize virgin forestry with a worth gold dot. Bottom line is that I did it out of respect for the game and love for mankind.

Is it tough looking into the mirror each day? Not one iota. I look into the mirror and I see winner. First I see six pack abs and chiseled chest, but after that I see winner. Actually first I see handsome, then the other things, it really all depends on if I look in the full length mirror or just the one above my sink.

Take a step back and rethink your perspective. I ask that you don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for someone else that is not doing his part to save the game of softball one moonshot bomb at a time.

squirt

strokin and swingin
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Take my most recent game for example. Last Saturday night, we had a 9:00 and had quite a crowd from both sides. Moms, Dads, Kids, Wives, Friends, you name it, they were there watching. And truth be told, they were bored. How many times did I hear someone's child say, "Hit a homerun daddy!" only to end up with the poor dad grounding out to me at 3b. This crowd needed some excitment and I was going to deliver. So, around the 5th inning I pulled out "trusty rusty" from my bag, a OG Miken Recoil (Kind of a misnomber because it was brand new and the 1st time I ever used it). End result was a 360 foot shot into the pine trees in right centerfield. I brought electricity to the field, a very intense 5 seconds. Even the other team and their wives were happy to see a ball hit like that. I served as a role model for these wives and kids that dream that someday their husband/daddy can terrorize virgin forestry with a worth gold dot. Bottom line is that I did it out of respect for the game and love for mankind.

Is it tough looking into the mirror each day? Not one iota. I look into the mirror and I see winner. First I see six pack abs and chiseled chest, but after that I see winner. Actually first I see handsome, then the other things, it really all depends on if I look in the full length mirror or just the one above my sink.

Take a step back and rethink your perspective. I ask that you don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for someone else that is not doing his part to save the game of softball one moonshot bomb at a time.

Ummm, you're tapped!!!:rolleyes:

cheato

TRACKIN'

man you really are ace7, thanks for confirming it, 1 douche post at a time

Lord7

Banned User
man you really are ace7, thanks for confirming it, 1 douche post at a time

:confused: Confirmed it? You are kidding right? I actually have playoffs Saturday night and will try to get some game swings up on video, assuming my wife makes it to the game.

jrock2033

Worth Huer
I used to swing a cut stick. but honestly, it wasnt that much of a difference. And I realized that it is not worth the risk of hurting someone with an illegal bat. I had a teammate hit a scud up the middle and I sold it the next day.
We are prob one of the few teams here that don't have one.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
just curious. outta every 10 people. how many you think on average swing a shaved bat?

I've asked this question of a bunch of tourney players and the answers have ranged from 50% to 75% of bats around here are shaved.

I used to swing a cut stick. but honestly, it wasnt that much of a difference. And I realized that it is not worth the risk of hurting someone with an illegal bat. I had a teammate hit a scud up the middle and I sold it the next day.
We are prob one of the few teams here that don't have one.

I have swung a shaved bat and it does make a huge difference. I picked up a teammates bat this winter, I hit what felt like a solid line drive, the ball just kept going and going. The only other time I've hit a ball like that was swinging the OG Ultra in ASA back in the day
in ASA back in the day.