? for other Pitchers

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
was wondering what all u pitchers out there wear 4 shin guards or 4 ur helmet?...lmk thanx

rgifford21

just a glove, if you don't have the reaction time to get your glove up or get out of the way youu probably shouldn't be pitching

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
just a glove, if you don't have the reaction time to get your glove up or get out of the way youu probably shouldn't be pitching

Yeah, cause the ball never hits the rubber and shoots all over the place. :rolleyes:

I wear a Combat FaceOff and I absolutely love it. I have a pair of fast pitch catcher shin guards that I have cut down to where they are right below my knee. Light, comfortable, and provide plenty of protection.

huberlawncare30

Addicted to Softballfans
Most guys I've played with wear some sort of soccer shin guards under their pants, but I did play with a guy who actually wore catchers shin guards. I've never played with anyone who wore a mask, but the clear one made by worth I think seems very lightweight and easy to see through.

puckdropper

Addicted to Softballfans
I do make sure that the dirt in front of the pitchers plate (rubber ) is smooth. Just in case of a ground ball hitting it.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I pitch and usually wear soccer shin guards and occasionally a Worth Pitching Helmet.

But I have a question....for those who wear only a mouth piece why wouldn't you wear a helmet instead? Reason being, by wearing the mouth guard you have come to the conclusion that being hit in the face is a possibility. So are you more worried about your teeth than breaking your jaw or fracturing an eye socket?

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
I pitch and usually wear soccer shin guards and occasionally a Worth Pitching Helmet.

But I have a question....for those who wear only a mouth piece why wouldn't you wear a helmet instead? Reason being, by wearing the mouth guard you have come to the conclusion that being hit in the face is a possibility. So are you more worried about your teeth than breaking your jaw or fracturing an eye socket?

I wear both, no reason not too.

Donkeypuncher

Addicted to Softballfans
What a joke!
So do you not wear a cup either?

This is very true. I always where my gameface mask. Shingaurds in tourneys

huzzdog

retired
i pitched last year in conference events.. i don't wear a cup or a helmet.. i do wear shin gaurds.. i tried the helmet just wasn't feeling it

mbone12

Addicted to Softballfans
+1 for the Worth pitching helmet. This year I'm trying the ProForce Lightning shin/instep guards. If you've ever seen anyone flown off of the field you will lose the attitude that you don't need anything. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE you're not gonna glove them all.

edz44

Addicted to Softballfans
075.jpg

Enuflogic

remixed version
When I was pitching, no helmet, no shin guards, no cup.

That was a couple years ago before I realized how prevalent shaved bats are around here.

josutton00

Addicted to Softballfans

THere are those possibilities but some pitchers say they cant see as well with them on. Conference pitcher i know wore one in a game and got drilled in the leg. He said its cause he lost sight of the ball and wasnt able to get his glove down fast enough. THat was the one and only time he wore one.

chev17

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear soccer shin guards but will be going to somthing better this year. I also have a combat face-off but dont wear it much. It's a great mask but I just don't like wearing a mask. About the only time I wear it is in a conference event.

worm24

Star Player
I bought a mask this year..I cant get the feel of it...ive pitched for over 15 years..i agree there is a deadspot in a mask...until your real comfortable,i also think it may hinder your performance..I want to buy shin guards. Seem to get hit once a year and it hurts for a while.. Anyone got any thoughts of good guards to fit under you pants?

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Been wearing the same Nike shin guards for the past 5-6 years. They won't completely protect you, but they'll make a difference between a bruise and a hematoma! I've got so used to them I even wear them when I play first base. Also wear a cup every time I step out on the field. As for the mask, I bought a lacrosse helmet and used that for a month or so but could never get used to the reduce field of vision (still much better than most other full sized helmet options). When I fall back I start with my glove up around my heart level, so protecting myself above the waist isn't as difficult as it could be if I was more in a traditional fielder's position.

.800King50

Addicted to Softballfans
i pitched last year in conference events.. i don't wear a cup or a helmet.. i do wear shin gaurds.. i tried the helmet just wasn't feeling it

Same here pitch B level utrip. i have 3 plates in my face (from a ball while i was baserunning). I have tried almost everything and cant get with it. never wear shin guards. I just bought a rip it mask gonna try that out. I will prolly where it for 2 games and toss it like everything else. its not a macho thing its a comfort thing

MarcTheArc

<font color="#000080">Arc Angels Softball</font>

Another one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why is it all you people that have this macho answer never consider the unexpected? Are you Bruce Lee fast? Maybe you should be playing in the majors if that's the case. Jeez.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Players come on here to get legitimate advice, try being a little less attituded and give them a straight up answer that may provide some insight and help.