For you guys that yell at umpires...

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
I always joke around with the umps in the hopes that I'll get a close call my way. Last Friday night I got called out with the bases juiced on a pitch that literally never made it above my waist. I was pretty pissed, but just walked away shaking my head. We still won the game but the ump came up to me after the game and told me that he made a bad call. This was the first time I had ever had that happen to me, but I just told him it was my fault for fouling off the first pitch and then not taking my bat off my shoulder.

Played another game later that night and he was in the field. I got called out going for an inside the park HR, but I was clearly safe. I tried to get the home ump to let us appeal but he wouldn't. The guy in the field came up to me again after the game and said that they missed that call too. I just shook it off; even though, I was ready to cleat the other ump in the face. Really hoping I get every close call the rest of the season after that mess.

deKilla

Coach
Have this one guy on my team, of course he likes to let the ump know that hes making ****ty calls. I'm constantly telling him to shut the **** up because its not going to help us win a close game.

Some guys like to play softball just so they can argue with blue.

You have to be smart, I make sure i get to know all the umps and I am on a first name basis with them. Same goes for the LD's in the league I play in. I can pretty much say anything on and off the field to them and its gtg! I have had many umps apologize to me for making a bad call on and off the field.

Resin Glazed

The Veteran
I keep it to myself mostly, might turn around and be like "Really blue?" but thats the extent of my bitching.

Yesterday there was a play at the plate and the runner ran into the chick playing catcher who was blocking the base path. Their pitcher starts screaming at the ump that the runner should be out, he really didnt want to deal with it and told the guy to stop yelling at him. Pitcher just made himself look like an *******.

And no this was not a co-ed game, but a co-ed tourny team that plays in our mens division. They're pretty damn good.

The only thing I care about when it comes to the umpire is that they do the best they can to get in the best position to make a call...blown calls usually are outnumbered by blown opportunities on either team most games, but some guys forget the boot they had that cost the team 3 runs, but never forget the fact that they swore they beat the ball to first after they bounce into a double play....

deKilla

Coach
I won three bets against umps last year, all for a beers! Blown calls/rule where i questioned them, I said I am not going to argue the rule but I will bet you a beer you are wrong and I am right. End of the year banquet they all came up to me and said "here is your beer, you were right" :) one bet was an outfielder throwing a person out at first, second was moving a rover into the infield and I cant remember the third now.

Last edited:

ATL Rookie

Manager
Had an ump that was so bad a couple weeks ago that a player from both teams was tossed because his calls were so bad. Really close game for seven innings that ended with blue being the star by calling strike 3 on an obvious waste pitch.

BTW, I love the ump that stands behind first base and makes calls at 2nd base. Close call or easy call, he is making it with confidence from 80ft behind the play.