For you guys that yell at umpires...

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
STFU and get over yourself!!!
At a utrip tourney today saw some umpire get mother ****ed by a pitcher over some BS double play ball. I mean cursed this guy like I have never heard before. The pitcher got tossed, but what he deserved was an ass beating. Umpire kept his cool, I don't know how! Kids at the ball park and this is what you are teaching them. Happened hours ago and I'm still sick to my stomach over it!
1) This is just a game
2) You are not a professional athlete
3) There are kids at the park
4) These guys are making $20 a game
5) We are all human and make mistakes
Rant over!

Big_Papi28

Insane Dedication to Performance #WHPH
At ASA Super Nationals up here in Mn we watched an ump blow 3 calls in a row against Shoppe I can honestly say I never expected to see guys at that level flip out and degrade the ump as much as they did.. I was not impressed since a few guys are professionals

MPT23

Putting on the foil
If i disagree with the blue, i kick dirt on him ala the late great earl weaver. Might toss a base too !

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
1238724_194327744080443_670091683_n.jpg

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
STFU and get over yourself!!!
At a utrip tourney today saw some umpire get mother ****ed by a pitcher over some BS double play ball. I mean cursed this guy like I have never heard before. The pitcher got tossed, but what he deserved was an ass beating. Umpire kept his cool, I don't know how! Kids at the ball park and this is what you are teaching them. Happened hours ago and I'm still sick to my stomach over it!
1) This is just a game
2) You are not a professional athlete
3) There are kids at the park
4) These guys are making $20 a game
5) We are all human and make mistakes
Rant over!

Agreed. Bad calls are gonna happen. What drives me bonkers is when umps are so damn proud when they get a rule incorrect the rarely admit it or change their ruling. Even when you ask being polite, they still think you're being a smart ass.

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
I spent about 5 years umpiring in ISA. I heard my fair share in the beginning. Funny thing is, the worst was the Church League players.

I will say, there are some cases that the Umpire needs to do a better job to ensure the BS doesn't start in the first place. As I gained more experience as an umpire, the best thing I learned was to hustle to the play and be on top of it when you make your call. When you are on top of the play 90% of the arguing doesn't even start.

But, there are those guys that just like to complain because they feel like they are "Mr. Softball"...

TyJack09

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed. Bad calls are gonna happen. What drives me bonkers is when umps are so damn proud when they get a rule incorrect the rarely admit it or change their ruling. Even when you ask being polite, they still think you're being a smart ass.

This drives me nuts. Our director use to always tell us that if we did not know the true ruling, we need to ask.

It was his way of showing the teams that he expected his umpires to perform well and he was dedicated to ensuring everyone playing by the CORRECT Rules.

BIGPAP72

Good post here. I see and hear it almost every night. I have had umpires ask me why I don't ***** at them? I reply are you going to change the call? There reply "NO" so whats the point. Its a game. No need to raise my blood pressure over it.
I would like to see some of these guys who curse and such get out there and do it themselves and get there ass ripped the first mistake they make.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
where I play I see this way too often, + the players doing the yelling don't get tossed out. Especially in beer leagues (even more ridiculous)

calntheplay

The Veteran
I cant stand watching grown men act like children over a blown call. Speaking to an umpire in a respectful manner no matter the emotional climate of the call, is the right thing to do. But I understand everyone will have a moment of emotional insanity, at which point its best to catch yourself, shut up, apologize, and walk away.

Lets face it some umps should not be out there umpping but the ones who are good at what they do get it wrong sometimes should get a pass but thouse too are the one that will admit they got it wrong everynow and then. We r not pros but most out there pay to play and deserve umps that know what the hell is going on out there but they r people and deserve to be respected just like we would like

SPARKY32

Addicted to Softballfans
It blows my mind when when people scream at the umpire. I can't stand it when anyone on my team does it cause as the pitcher it doesn't help. I know the umps on here will say they always call it right down the middle but if you guys mouthing off about a call or my personal favorite balls and strikes from the outfield its hard to let the close one go to the teamm the is flappin their gums.

SPARKY32

Addicted to Softballfans
Also as the pitcher i will never argue ballsand strikes while batting or pitching. I will wait till between innings as nicely ask where it was missing and to me this is better then doing while playing.

thaynes

If you were paying your employee 20 an hour and they butchered everything the did would you not be upset with them and maybe yell a little? All the cursing and name calling theres no room for but we are the ones paying them and as madbeers stated most all are to proud to try to learn from others if they are wrong. A lot of the are also control hungry and try to make it about them. They will make mistakes but thats no excuse as youve used it to not worry about trying to get it right, thats a cop out. If youre being paid you need to get it right more often than not

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
If you were paying your employee 20 an hour and they butchered everything the did would you not be upset with them and maybe yell a little? All the cursing and name calling theres no room for but we are the ones paying them and as madbeers stated most all are to proud to try to learn from others if they are wrong. A lot of the are also control hungry and try to make it about them. They will make mistakes but thats no excuse as youve used it to not worry about trying to get it right, thats a cop out. If youre being paid you need to get it right more often than not

I agree, if you are getting paid you need to get it right more often than not. In this case the ump was calling a fair game, and it was a bang bang play at 1st trying to turn a 6-3 double play. Everyone watching thought the guy was out, but blue called him safe and this pitcher went ballistic.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Maturity takes some men much longer to reach then others.

If, in your opinion, the umpire made a bad call, then take the next call out of his hands by not making it close. If the umpire gets a rule wrong, protest. Don't argue, protest!

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
We have one local ump who makes bad calls against the winning team intentionally to "add drama." He told us this himself. He should not be umping.

For example, our runner makes the turn at 1 - they throw to 1B for the tag. He applies the tag but drops the ball on contact. Runner is called out. After the game we asked the ump wtf? He says, "It was a very boring game so I was adding some drama."

deKilla

Coach
I can live with blown calls here and there! but I get a little pissed when umps don't know basic rules and I have to pay them $28 a game.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
I don't yell or cuss any longer but I sure do get frustrated while pitching when you literally throw the same pitch 2 or 3 times in a row and get ball, strike, ball.

At that point, I take some steps off and realize it's going to be a long hour out there pitching with this guy behind the plate.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Umps are human they make bad calls. It sucks when they make a bunch in 1 game.
Acting like a jack because of it makes players stupid.
Make the bad calls not matter by out hitting other team.

thaynes

Things like out hit the other team and dont make the play as close next time always make me roll my eyes. Any body that knows anything about sports would to. The difference between swinging at a crap pitch above your head on 3-2 because the umprie called it a strike on 3-1 and popping out instead of walking as you should is huge. And the dont make it so close comment is stupid to. To get spme one like myself on a double play you have to execute it perfectly. If they barely get me then they got me and the umpire needs to get the call right, youre either safe of not doesnt matter if its out by a half step or 3 yards

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
I would like to see an up critique the play of a game from behind the plate.

After each error just go on some tirade about how terrible the players are on this field, say things like

"anybody with an ounce of athletic ability should be able to make that play"

"Only a beeing idiot or retard would have made that terrible of a throw"

"I can't believe how I'm wasting my time umpiring this game because it won't matter what call I make, we are losers after watching this game"

etc, etc.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
If you pop up swinging at a pitch over your head or hit a one hopper to a middle infielder with a runner on first, how is that an umpires fault?

thaynes

If he called it a strike on the pitch before so youre forced to swing at it so you dont strike out? Did you miss that part?