Georgia Softball Talk

bigcountry77

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a confession...... I swung a worth and I liked it

that's not a problem, 1st go to your bat bag and get any DeMarini, go outside and set up your tee and do some work. I know your having feelings to throw away all the good bats but resist as the urge will pass.

Roundin3rd

@ISPSO
What he said. Interested to know what competition levels are "labeled" as in other states. Not stirring up any pot.

Just joking around bro.....how are you? Hope all is well brother.

What is ISPS?

ISPS is International Slow Pitch Softball

We are and International Slow Pitch Softball Association that is dedicated to bringing the sport of Slow Pitch Softball to the World.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I know that some of yall be playing at Kenworth, anyone know the dimensions of it? I had bp today and it seemed really deep

wardm22

Addicted to Softballfans
Milledgeville is about 50 min or so from Jackson, 40 from Macon, and right around an hour from Warner Robbins. I'm in Milledgeville as well.

RShane99

Addicted to Softballfans
Reasons to play usa softball in 2014

Reasons to play USA Softball in 2014:
1. USA Softball will introduce a new cash pay out point system in 2014. The point system will be broken down into three segments: March/April Segment, May/June Segment, and a July/August Segment.
USA Softball will take $15 from each paid entry fee from each team each weekend during these segments to use as the cash prize for the 1st through 3rd place winners at the end of each segment.
The formula for prize payouts will look something similar to this example:
• If we have eight tournaments in a segment with an average of twelve teams per tournament…..that equals 96. (8x12=96).
• Then 96 x $15 (from each entry fee) = $1440 that will be allotted for the prize pay out at the end of the segment.
• The cash prize awards would be:
1st place: $800.00
2nd place: $400.00
3rd place: $240.00
• The more teams that play each week in each segment…..the greater the cash pay out will be at the end of that segment.
The points will be awarded each week as follows:
1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 8 points
3rd place = 7 points
4th place = 6 points
5th place = 5 points
Then four points to all remaining teams who participate in the tournament.
***Your team can earn 4 bonus points by playing 5 out of the 8 tournaments in a segment, which would be in addition to any total your team accumulates from participating in the tournaments.
Note: Your team can participate in the point’s award system regardless if you play one or eight tournaments in a segment. This gives all teams the opportunity to play at various venues but still have a chance at a cash prize at the end of the segments.
In case of a tie in the points at the end of a segment, placement will be determined by head to head wins.
This point systems will be for the USA Softball’s Men’s Class E and E Rec/Bronze Rec teams.
All teams will be able to contact Shane or Barry at any time to get an update on point’s standings.
2. USA Softball will continue to have the most affordable entry fees of any men’s softball organization. Most of our tournaments will average a $225 entry fee. We want to keep the sport affordable so that everyone can participate.

3. Along with the newly implemented cash award points system, USA Softball will continue to award quality prize packages each week from our quality sponsors.

4. Our sponsors in 2014 will remain: Elite Sportswear and Buffalo Wild Wings. We will also welcome USA Choice Beverage on board for some tournaments along with a select amount of Reebok prizes.

5. USA Softball umpires remain second to none in the world of softball. We will always use two umpires on each field in every tournament, whereas, some softball organizations only use one umpire per field to save money.

6. With eight teams or less in one of our tournaments, we will almost always offer a three game guarantee for that tournament.

7. Our tournaments will continue to be held at Poston Park in Lowell, NC; Ferguson Park in Gastonia, NC; and Biggerstaff Park in Dallas, NC.

USA Softball is looking forward to a great season of softball in 2014. We are hoping that any and all changes we make will be for the improvement in quality of our tournaments. We look forward to seeing you all in 2014.
Thanks, Shane
Please call me (Shane) at 704.445.8566 or Barry 704.297.0071 with any questions about the upcoming 2014 season.
**DON’T FORGET TO SEE JOSE AT ELITE FOR ALL OF YOUR TEAM UNIFORM NEEDS!!!

JP6

PiehouseSix.com is here.
Anyone know him? Dude is hilarious...!

[ame]http://youtu.be/BrnvGWA-noA[/ame]

crew22

Extra Hitter
Looking for a 40+ team near Atlanta to play with

Anyone know of a 40+ league? All I can find by Google search is 45+ and I am only 42. I can still play regular league ball but would love to find a 40+ team to try out for. I can play any infield or outfield position and can pitch if I had too.
Thanks,
John

BruceinGa

always online
Anyone know of a 40+ league? All I can find by Google search is 45+ and I am only 42. I can still play regular league ball but would love to find a 40+ team to try out for. I can play any infield or outfield position and can pitch if I had too.
Thanks,
John

About 7 years ago there was one at Dupree. Don't know of any now days. There are probably some 40+ tournament teams around.

BruceinGa

always online
I know that some of yall be playing at Kenworth, anyone know the dimensions of it? I had bp today and it seemed really deep

Next time you are out there retrieving balls from over the fence, take note of the old fence and light poles about 30' past the current fence. We played there in the 70's with the deeper fence. Very few hrs hit then.

igo4uga0586

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks,
John

Bruce (BruceinGa) you still qualify for this league right??

AL45

Addicted to Softballfans
Moved to savannah ga area recently, looking for a league during spring and possibly a tourney team to join. Lmk

BruceinGa

always online
Anyone here ever played at Bell's Ferry or Terrell Mill? Thoughts?

We played Mondays at Bells Ferry in the fall season of 2011 and won it. Except for our championship I hear that one team has won both seasons for 5 or 6 years. Lights aren't very good but they were rehabbing Hobgood at the time.
I heard last week that some teams at Terrell Mill don't show up much so you will win by forfeit more than usual.

Strawberry

Shin Killer
Cinco's songs are amazing! You should see all his vids on his fb.

Terrell mill is alright. Kinda boring.

Hobgood has older leagues, but I think they start at 50. Check with them though.

BruceinGa

always online
Hobgood has older leagues, but I think they start at 50. Check with them though.

Seniors play on 3 of the 4 fields on Tuesday evening. Coed plays on the 4th. I believe there is another senior league that plays on one field on Wednesday evenings.

Monday evenings have a very competitive league there with many tournament players.
I believer there are other leagues on Thursdays and maybe Friday.