Give me your thoughts guys

klu

on the mound
Was working on square shoulders, getting front foot planted and getting better load up (keeping hands back). Critique please!!!

Thanks, klu

Last edited:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not a swing expert by any means but it kind of looks like you're almost out on your front foot way too early.

klu

on the mound
Ok. I've heard that before. That comes from my impatience. Another thing i need to work on

hunklove

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm seeing you unload to fast. Try to sit back just a little more. Looks like your way ahead of everything.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
too anxious. You're out trying to get the ball and not letting the ball get to you first. I do this too from time to time. It just leads to overcompensation in mechanics, or that (throwing your remaining power) at it, which is mostly from your arms/shoulders and not good by way of averages. And I bet you hit a good amount of off balance swing/pitches well or even crushed but not the pitches you want to swing at. I do this (hopefully) a little less every year. I can crush a bad pitch with the best of em but by law of averages, it's not on your side as a hitter to swing at those.

Also, I'm giving game swing advice and you're in the cage, two totally different environments. Htting in the cage is a different animal with very few actual focuses vs. hitting outdors.

creative10

Banned User
u remind me a lot of my own swing....u attack the ball...get great weight transfer and swing hard through the ball. With that being said since ur swing is a lot like mine u have the same problems as me. As said by a couple of board bros ur out front a bit on ur front foot cuz ur attacking the ball so hard...got to wait a tad longer for it to get to ya.Another thing is ur axis point at contact is almost straight up and down.. to forward..I do the same thing...body axis point should be slightly back. They talk about the axis point in the swing make over videos that are on here. If u could incorporate that it would give u more consistancy I personally think. But all in all I think u have a good athletic powerful swing.

klu

on the mound
Thanks guys. Getting ahead of pitches is def something Ive had issues with. I'm starting to see a trend with my sessions that after tweaking a few things, being ahead kills my power. Something ill be working on

shopofpop

SBF member since 2004
Nice swing and good rotation....just out front on it. Sit back, load back foot and wait a bit more for ball to get to you.

klu

on the mound
Thanks strength. I've been working on that, any tips on how to force my hands back

killa-B

Every day i'm Hustle'n
you hittin in my back yard and i didn't get a text wats up wit dat.................................

tlordi

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks strength. I've been working on that, any tips on how to force my hands back

Try working on forcing your front shoulder under your chin without moving your head. That will force your hands back and add more rotation to your swing at the same time. It worked wonders for my swing power wise. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
I'm seeing 2 things.
1: Your hands are moving backwards as your swing / rotation are moving forward and this is resulting in you being late to the ball. Consequently, your bat makes contact between the sweet spot of the bat and the handle. This is why you get so many squibbers up the box.
2: ^^ because of the above you make contact with the ball deep in your swing... your bat head needs to be making contact with the ball much further in front of the plate with a pitch in the middle or inside. If you hit deep in your stance, the pitch better be outside and you drive to the right or bounce out to SS.. PULLING AN OUTSIDE PITCH gives birth to the 6-4-3 DP every time.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Am I mis-hitting the ball or am I swinging downward?
Looks like you are trying to cut the ball but catching it to low. Even if you hit many of these pitches square it looks like they would one hop the pitcher or middle guy.

If you really are trying to cut it, you may need to step up in the box or have your pitcher throw it a bit deeper