Goff Thread

hrdchrgin13

One course here has some weird spongy greens that are slow as ****. You have to knock **** out the ball putting.

It’s cut short but the ball doesn’t roll at all, and the ball will bounce 4’ in the air when you throw it down on it, I may have figured that out in a mini melt down

Country469

IDT I ever saw him outside where he didn't have a cig in his hand so guessing being a smoker for 40 years played a hand in it

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I played Saturday. Hit all but 3 fairways I think. Only lost one ball before the 18th and I for sure thought we would find it when I hit it. Got up there and it was just gone somehow. Missed way too many short putts. Greens were soooo slow.

18 is a par 5 with an island green. Hit a drive down the middle and a 7 iron to lay up 110 out. Duffed a L wedge that somehow still stayed dry and in the fairway. Only bad swing all day up to that point. Proceeded to chunk one in the water, dropped a ball and hit a hosel rocket that almost hit my playing partner. Had a 10 on the 18th. ****ing golf, man.

1MasterBatter

No Goddamn Soliciting
I am currently in the job search process. Leaving my current job because its soul-sucking. They aren't paying mfers to not be stressed. Just enjoy the money when you can.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
damn, same story everywhere. way too much stress where i am and we were bought about 3 months ago. still just hoping for severance, they can keep the handshake

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I didn’t realize how ****ty the job I left in Memphis was until I had been here for about 6 months. This situation is so much better. Way less stress and no more phone calls until 9pm. I left for the money and opportunity but ended up way happier. Hell, I have recruited 3 more from the old company to the new one since I left and another starts in a couple weeks.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Also having some really crappy old coworkers call to see if I will recommend them for a job here is pretty entertaining. I just have them send me their resume and never forward to HR.

chile

Bad Ape
got my CC fitting done...i wasn't overwhelmed but not disappointed. it was good getting explanations behind shaft selections. the downside is the driver and 3W shafts i was recommended are $350 retail and $400+ from CC...i have to learn more about which profiles are similar on the bargain bin brands :rolleyes:

nam2212

Dr. Nick
got my CC fitting done...i wasn't overwhelmed but not disappointed. it was good getting explanations behind shaft selections. the downside is the driver and 3W shafts i was recommended are $350 retail and $400+ from CC...i have to learn more about which profiles are similar on the bargain bin brands :rolleyes:
I did the same with True Spec. The quote for irons was $3010 and I get them from Callaway for $1665. They wanted $1000 for a driver I ordered directly from Callaway for $600.

N LA Hacker

Illuminati
I got a VA nemesys 75 x for the driver. A guy had one in a rogue ST MAX D on the golf trip and I blistered that thing. If I can't do the same with the M2, it's finally time to upgrade.

Country469

Your swing varies day to day is the problem. Biggest thing you can do on your own for free is get a consistent pre shot and line up routine.

I can correct left to right ball flight with 5 swings of my whippy stick now cuz its about getting the slot right as opposed to the entire set up