Need Help Got a question for the Board

cooper1

NGTG - beware of Apple voucher sales
So last week I agree on a deal with a buyer to buy 2 100w from me for a great price and everything goes smooth with the transaction. Buyer receives both bats from me last Saturday sometime during the day. I get a text around 1100 pm Eastern time that says he needs to undo the deal, I then ask him if there is a problem and he tells me Personal Reasons [ Bills ]. I then sit on it overnight and politely send him a message in the morning stating that I have been on this board a long time and have never had anyone ask me to undue a deal to benefit them. Well I still agree to undo the deal and refund him everything except my original shipping and that I would refund once I received the bats back in my possession [ he wanted refund as soon as he showed proof of shipping ]. Well evidently me helping him out wasn't good enough so he then told me on Saturday after my text that he wasn't happy with the bats and he just didn't want to tell me that Saturday night to avoid conflict. Now I ask the board to review all this and tell me how you fell. Seems a little shady to me that the buyer was trying to get his money back no matter how he had too. Help me out

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Tough call.. But he did say for (personal reason) imo not good enough..
No it may get tricky since he now says (not happy).. Again imo it's up to you whether you want to believe him or not and refund (under your conditions) I would ask what he is not happy with also did he swing/use them and now he's not happy..
Either way if you decide to undo again imo it should be at least a bb.. Or seller beware lol..

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Why couldn't the buyer just sell the bats himself? Deal is done once the bats are received (Assuming they're in condition described)

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Original pics
IMG_4309.png
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0530.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Went down like this
i asked about any damage or structural issues
i was told just field rash and end cap tight, small rattle in 28oz
bats were not as described, i can post pics of end cap separation and a paint/crack issue as well that were not disclosed
bats received (i did not like condition, to avoid this BS i said undo for personal reasons/bills) agreed my bad for not just saying what i meant
i sent pics and said i wasnt happy, i even stated that i would forfeit half original shipping that he originally sent to me.
sold for $225 shipped, reciept showed $20 for shipping
i stated i would ship back at my expense and would be happy with $215 back
i would have just moved them myself without this whole mess, when i cleaned them up and took a closer look i saw this
28oz paint/crack issue undisclosed
IMG_0664.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0663.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
27oz endcap separation undisclosed
IMG_0662.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0661.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0660.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
i would have just moved them myself without this whole mess, when i cleaned them up and took a closer look i saw this

Last edited:

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
why the hell would you say you need money for personal reasons (bills) instead of just saying they weren't as described in the first place, knowing full well what the board policy is

thats on you and this sounds a case of buyers remorse

it might be worth the $10 to the seller just to get rid of this headache, but cmon man

RustyShakleford

Saw cooper post about this the other day on Facebook. Lots of people told him to tell the buyer to pound sand. cooper decided to refund anyways since he was a nice guy. Now the buyer is claiming they were not as described? Something is fishy here on the buyer's end and I think this deal is done.

Jclinard

Addicted to Softballfans
why the hell would you say you need money for personal reasons (bills) instead of just saying they weren't as described in the first place, knowing full well what the board policy is

thats on you and this sounds a case of buyers remorse

it might be worth the $10 to the seller just to get rid of this headache, but cmon man

This.
There was no reason to lie. Cooper did a lot more then I woulda.. I agree with the pound sand.

cooper1

Like I said, I wouldn't have had one single problem refunding you instantly if you would have just said that Saturday night. Period. Now everything about you and this deal looks shady. I tried to help but that wasn't good enough.

wcoastsoftball

IMO, seller is in the right. Take the offer minus the shipping. If bills were the original reason, then there was nothing wrong with the bats in the first place.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
Ball go far should pay for shipping entirely. Once caught in a lie there is no reason to believe anything. Legal 101. Plus he's a combatant who acts holier than thou so you want to talk the talk. Walk the walk. Disgraceful really.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Went down like this
i asked about any damage or structural issues
i was told just field rash and end cap tight, small rattle in 28oz
bats were not as described, i can post pics of end cap separation and a paint/crack issue as well that were not disclosed
bats received (i did not like condition, to avoid this BS i said undo for personal reasons/bills) agreed my bad for not just saying what i meant
i sent pics and said i wasnt happy, i even stated that i would forfeit half original shipping that he originally sent to me.
sold for $225 shipped, reciept showed $20 for shipping
i stated i would ship back at my expense and would be happy with $215 back

Sorry Chris, my vote is you're SOL. You should have just said the bats were not as described from the beginning.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
Ball go far should pay for shipping entirely. Once caught in a lie there is no reason to believe anything. Legal 101. Plus he's a combatant who acts holier than thou so you want to talk the talk. Walk the walk. Disgraceful really.

your personal feelings about me do not add any valid point to the dispute, logic 101:thumb:

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
just curious as to why i would have to sell bats that i would have never purchased in the first place if all issues were disclosed was described to me

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
said what i said to avoid this BS, by the time i got up in the morning he already had taken back offer to pay me back $205 and I ship bats back, which i would have done but ok

wcoastsoftball

said what i said to avoid this BS, by the time i got up in the morning he already had taken back offer to pay me back $205 and I ship bats back, which i would have done but ok

So you are saying he took back the initial offer to refund minus the shipping? Before you got to accept it? Sorry, just confused on the time line here.

IMO, regardless of who is right, it looks like the seller could still refund MINUS the shipping costs for him and everything is clear?

cooper1

You were adimit about getting your money back one way or another after you lied. I looked those bats over and they were fine, how do I know u didn't take a Saturday afternoon Bp session and this happen? You lied man. Bottom line and now you don't look good in this deal. I tried to help you but you can sell them in your own and get money for Bills. You're shady bro

cooper1

I got the texts. I didn't take back any offer until I caught him lying

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
So you are saying he took back the initial offer to refund minus the shipping? Before you got to accept it? Sorry, just confused on the time line here.

IMO, regardless of who is right, it looks like the seller could still refund MINUS the shipping costs for him and everything is clear?

sounds like the buyer wants the seller to eat initial shipping costs

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Cooper1 has a TON of GTG deals on here and FB...and this is the first issue I've ever seen..

Hard to believe he'd sell something not as described. Clearly sounds like buyers remorse..

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
I never got a chance to accept original offer of sending back I replied with video and pics of my issues with bats, I would have sold them if they were as described and not worried about buying them in the first place

I will get original pics from him uploaded