Great SBF Store Bag Deal I'd Recommend...

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
http://www.softballfans.com/shop/2010-Easton-Stinger-Bag.html

Bought one of these a couple weeks back.

SOOOOOO worth the sale price (and really the regular price). :)

Bomber construction/zippers/stiching. Tons of room for everything (Seriously, I can fill this thing with gear until it is hard to lift - Tons of volume!).

Holds 6 bats (4 top/2 side), 2 pairs of cleats, 2-3 gloves, and all the clothes/towels/extras for a long tourney day.

Best extra touch? The "Glove Zone" velcro patch on outside you can stick your batting gloves to between uses. Great idea!

Ogio makes the best bags I have seen out there, for whatever sport.

I am surprised they have not sold these out yet. Get one while you can... GTG.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
I also bought one from sbf store about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the quality or price. No wheels, but my previous bag didn't have them either so it's no big deal to me. Great bag at an amazing price!

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the major advantage of having wheels? I can only speak for myself, but there's never more than 20-25 lbs of gear in my bag, I don't have to walk more than a few hundred feet from my car to the dugout and then I hang it on the fence. It's not like I'm carrying it around all day and it's breaking my back. I would argue they're not even more convenient than one you have to carry - throwing it over my shoulder gives me an extra hand to hold a beer. Seems to me they're the style that's in right now and they're part of the look.

scoopmachine11

If u dont know,now u know
What's the major advantage of having wheels? I can only speak for myself, but there's never more than 20-25 lbs of gear in my bag, I don't have to walk more than a few hundred feet from my car to the dugout and then I hang it on the fence. It's not like I'm carrying it around all day and it's breaking my back. I would argue they're not even more convenient than one you have to carry - throwing it over my shoulder gives me an extra hand to hold a beer. Seems to me they're the style that's in right now and they're part of the look.

Define "in". :confused:

BlueJacket

Addicted to Softballfans

If you are just a league player and your only carrying it to a couple of games a week then it would be fine. But if you are playing every weekend moving from field to field all day long and playing 3-4 night in leagues a roller or bat pack are a must IMO.

I went to the batpack and not looking back.

Some here, got rid of the roller a couple weeks back for a Super Pack and I am very happy with the choice.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
Define "in". :confused:

By in, I mean that everyone seems to have roller bags right now and I wonder if it's just a matter of style. If most guys carry quite a bit more gear than I do, I get it -easier to pull a heavy bag on wheels than carry it. Mine isn't that heavy so I find it convenient to carry it to free up a hand. I get different strokes for different folks and that's cool, just wondering if there's some major functional benefit I'm missing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are just a league player and your only carrying it to a couple of games a week then it would be fine. But if you are playing every weekend moving from field to field all day long and playing 3-4 night in leagues a roller or bat pack are a must IMO.

Some here, got rid of the roller a couple weeks back for a Super Pack and I am very happy with the choice.

I got a roller because my helmet wouldn't fit in my backpack. I'm thinking of just going with a facemask because it's so freaking hot down here, and if I do it'll be back to the backpack for me. Rollers are okay if you're on level ground and not tired, but if you're tired it's just as much work to keep the bag from hitting something or your heel and flipping over as carrying a bag is. And that's on concrete. Across grass or rough ground it's a constant struggle to keep it from flipping over.

I know, a wide bag helps that some, but those are huge and hit my heel more. If it doesn't have an extendable handle IMO it might as well not have wheels.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
If anything is "in" right now that would be batpacks. Roller bags are so 2009.

I would agree with this. I was one of the first guys that regularly used a batpack and was made fun of for it lol. Now tons of people use them

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm missing the convenience part.

It's more visible when you're moving from field to field playing back to back in the loser's bracket on a miserably hot Saturday. That being said, see my above post. It's not a lot more convenient IMO.

Dogue

Evil Genius
Ever seen anyone at the airport carrying their bags anymore? That's because someone got smart and invented the damn wheeled suitcase. Same applies here!

Nothing against the batpack...I like mine but the wife has adopted it so I go with the Boombah Beast Jr.

Cobb

Addicted to Softballfans
I got one of these a while back, my only complaint is about 3 weeks ago I went to pick it up off the ground by the shoulder strap and where one of the sides is sewn to the bag tore about an inch.... hope it lasts cause I do like the bag quite a bit, but durability doesn't seem the greatest.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
when you're moving from field to field playing back to back in the loser's bracket on a miserably hot Saturday.

This is the exact description of the last tourney I played in, played back to back games all day, working our way up the loser's bracket on a 105 degree day. Stop stalking me!

BlueJacket

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a roller because my helmet wouldn't fit in my backpack. I'm thinking of just going with a facemask because it's so freaking hot down here, and if I do it'll be back to the backpack for me. Rollers are okay if you're on level ground and not tired, but if you're tired it's just as much work to keep the bag from hitting something or your heel and flipping over as carrying a bag is. And that's on concrete. Across grass or rough ground it's a constant struggle to keep it from flipping over.

I know, a wide bag helps that some, but those are huge and hit my heel more. If it doesn't have an extendable handle IMO it might as well not have wheels.

This is why I was so glad I had my batpack with me at Disney this year, pulling a roller all the way back to the Hess fields would have sucked.

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
Batpacks are the way to go. Really easy to get around with it and my superpack holds a ton of stuff too.