GSC Bat...

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**
...anyone else STILL waiting for their replacement Spirit??? I've asked every few months, and the past few there has been no response.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
GSC stopped using China bats and has build a factory in Charleston, South Carolina. It has been a long uphill climb to get the new CORE bat up and running however it is almost there. Hang in there, if you have any questions please feel free to call me.

Bill Gateley

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**
You could always try to call me direct :)

Done that too...

Was told back in February (when my second Sprit STB on 20 BP swings) that they would be ready in June, possibly getting one by the end of May. Then June became July, and July became...Now it's been over 1 year since I originally purchased and have still been unable to swing one in a game...

Can't believe there is noone else out there with the same issues.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
GSC Bats

While I commend Bill for building an American company to build a new bat design, I can not condone his business practice of making customers wait for a bat. If a bat comes with a warranty and you can not supply a replacement a refund should be offered to the customer.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
While I commend Bill for building an American company to build a new bat design, I can not condone his business practice of making customers wait for a bat. If a bat comes with a warranty and you can not supply a replacement a refund should be offered to the customer.

I have to agree here.

mikey48240

Outstanding Bad Dealer

That is the truth, I'm sure if Easton, Miken or Worth couldnt fulfill a replacement bat that they would find a way to compensate the cutomer unlike Bill. thats HORRIBLE customer service.

mrl112

Smarter than you're
At the very least 2 bats should be given out whenever (or IF) they are finally produced.

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
Customer service, we don’t need no stinking customer service :)

We are aware of the list of cusomers that need replacement for the China made bats.

When the production line is finish and the bats are made then they will ship.

By the way we want to thank all the support from players we met at the SPA, SSUSA and ISSA tournaments.

Benched02

Addicted to Softballfans
GSC stopped using China bats and has build a factory in Charleston, South Carolina. It has been a long uphill climb to get the new CORE bat up and running however it is almost there. Hang in there, if you have any questions please feel free to call me.

Bill Gateley

That's a wise move, after cracking the Spirit I swung, and seeing a blue plastic film between the composite layers I was concerned. I cant imagine what else was going on over there.

T8S

Addicted to Softballfans

Let's face it at this point I don't even think he has a business practice. Let's take this a step further. What company comes out and says he has the next greatest thing in softball and now what almost 10 months later doesn't even have a bat/finished product for people to demo? I mean seriously? You speak of this next great design and then come on with excuse after excuse about how it hasn't been produced. Well then how the hell do we even know this thing 1. Exists or 2. will ever exist? A good business person would actually make sure it's developed and tested before throwing out all the boasts he has already. Seems to me like you have a ton of manufacturing problems so far.

Talk about stating the obvious. You don't need it because you don't have it. Good customer service, is to do right thing and refund the money at this point. So why not refund the money and let folks buy the new bat when it comes out at a discounted rate? Could it be that you don't have the money to refund the folks?

J2009

Boom !!!!!
That's a wise move, after cracking the Spirit I swung, and seeing a blue plastic film between the composite layers I was concerned. I cant imagine what else was going on over there.

i guess u never broke a demarini bat before

mikey48240

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Let's face it at this point I don't even think he has a business practice. Let's take this a step further. What company comes out and says he has the next greatest thing in softball and now what almost 10 months later doesn't even have a bat/finished product for people to demo? I mean seriously? You speak of this next great design and then come on with excuse after excuse about how it hasn't been produced. Well then how the hell do we even know this thing 1. Exists or 2. will ever exist? A good business person would actually make sure it's developed and tested before throwing out all the boasts he has already. Seems to me like you have a ton of manufacturing problems so far.

Talk about stating the obvious. You don't need it because you don't have it. Good customer service, is to do right thing and refund the money at this point. So why not refund the money and let folks buy the new bat when it comes out at a discounted rate? Could it be that you don't have the money to refund the folks?

I'd like to see the response to this....

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**
I'd like a response to that as well....

Over 1 year now waiting for a replacement on 2 bats that had a collective of under 30 swings...at this point, I guess it's safe to assume that IF (and thats a BIG "IF") the bat ever makes a debut, it will be after the ASA meetings. I think we should be given 2 bats for this BS. Paid for a new bat September 2010, and still have not been able to swing it.....:mad:

Sportsaz

Addicted to Softballfans
We are moving forward at a slow, painful and controlled pace. We are not in a hurry nor are we speeding to get bats out. Our mission is to make sure the bats are right and our production line is in top running order before we open the doors for orders or ship anything out.

mikey48240

Outstanding Bad Dealer
We are moving forward at a slow, painful and controlled pace. We are not in a hurry nor are we speeding to get bats out. Our mission is to make sure the bats are right and our production line is in top running order before we open the doors for orders or ship anything out.

Thats so weak, wow.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster

Seriously? You have one customer here that has been waiting over a year for you guys and was promised things that never happened. There are also probably lots of people who have read this thread that will never give your company a chance and will tell others to do the same.

T8S

Addicted to Softballfans
Seriously? You have one customer here that has been waiting over a year for you guys and was promised things that never happened. There are also probably lots of people who have read this thread that will never give your company a chance and will tell others to do the same.

Sportsaz I'd seriously find someone else to run the operation because I don't think you have a clue.

mstg25

**OG Horsemen**

And don't forget numerous broken promises.............

mrl112

Smarter than you're
I had a 2 piece GBA, I'm now glad that I sold it before running into any of these issues. When this whole CORE talk began, they were going to be out by early/mid summer. I wouldn't believe one word from the company until bats are in consumer's hands. I'm ALL for moving production back to the USA, and would even pay a little more for it, but this is absolutely unacceptable.

Miken produces bats in the USA and have none of these issues... And SIGNIFICANTLY better customer service (which is easy, since right now Gates is working at a level of 0 for customer service.)

Eddie

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Man sad to see this is going on... When you have a small company customer service and a quality is SO very important.. I remember when I used to give GSCbats all sorts of crap for selling a bat called the spirit wiht a huge american flag on it yet it was made in china.. I would have called it the "great wall" and been done with it... I'm glad to see they are finally making bats here in the good old U-S-of-A.... but man... All say is QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY. Sell a good product and you wont have to worry about people rippin on you for customer service issues... Good luck