Guess I Misunderstood "Diesel"

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Pretty disappointed here. 100HXL Diesel, the supposed long barrel with 1 oz endload. Sounds amazing in theory. Bat feels balanced. All the weight feels like it's in the handle. Diesel balance point is 7/8" past the other 2. I can't even imagine how terrible the actual balanced "Diesel" must feel. All 3 bats in pic are long barrel loaded with "Optimized Player Weighting". Think I'm gonna send this back. Disappointed. Rant over.

P.S. Bouncing a ball on it, composite definitely doesn't sound like FF2 loaded. Sounds pretty similar to Plague.

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/LaserArm3/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20190423_155247_zpse6dwxi0d.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/LaserArm3/media/IMG_20190423_155305_zpsbc0ejnki.jpg.html] [/URL]

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
IDK why manufacturers are so afraid of a good endload. The last good long barrel endloaded bat was the 2016 Helmer Flex chrome/silver.

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
Thank you for telling me that. I was torn between the Smash and the Diesel and went with the Smash. Noticeably thin handle feels like all the weight is on the end. Haven’t swung it yet, hopefully this weekend. From the sounds of it glad I picked this one.

hamneggs

My FireFlex Gold (balanced) is completely the opposite. I have a 26 and 27 with identical bal pts, both past my EL Adidas and way more EL than my other balanced bats.
[GALLERY=media, 32598]B503A641-56FC-412D-83CE-ECC06F216B53 by hamneggs posted Apr 24, 2019 at 5:50 AM[/GALLERY]

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
So this is better. Had to order a 100H Diesel 12" so I wouldn't have to wait for exchange. Plus an exchange would be a $20 fee and a buy a new bat with straight return was only $10 fee. Eh, whatevs'. I like Demarini and Miken 12" barrels but never cared too much for Easton's but I didn't trust a 28oz 100XL would be any better endload wise because of how terrible the 27oz felt.

100H 12" feels great weight wise. True endload feel. Probably right around the advertised 1 oz. In the pic is the same Plague, FF2 (minus the wrapper plus new grip), and then to compare I had a reissue OG 100H to compare. The 100H Diesel feels more endloaded that OG reissue. Not as much as the 1/2" difference the pic shows however.

Side note: I put about 110 cuts on that FF2 yesterday and that bat is no joke.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
So this is better. Had to order a 100H Diesel 12" so I wouldn't have to wait for exchange. Plus an exchange would be a $20 fee and a buy a new bat with straight return was only $10 fee. Eh, whatevs'. I like Demarini and Miken 12" barrels but never cared too much for Easton's but I didn't trust a 28oz 100XL would be any better endload wise because of how terrible the 27oz felt.

100H 12" feels great weight wise. True endload feel. Probably right around the advertised 1 oz. In the pic is the same Plague, FF2 (minus the wrapper plus new grip), and then to compare I had a reissue OG 100H to compare. The 100H Diesel feels more endloaded that OG reissue. Not as much as the 1/2" difference the pic shows however.

Side note: I put about 110 cuts on that FF2 yesterday and that bat is no joke.

The fireflex 2 is a great bat and you won't be disappointed. I just picked up a 26oz FF3 and it scaled in at 25oz. I went back and checked all my other bats to make sure the scale was correct. I'll do a review on the bat this weekend and let you know how it goes.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
IDK why manufacturers are so afraid of a good endload. The last good long barrel endloaded bat was the 2016 Helmer Flex chrome/silver.
it's not that they're afraid, a lot of endloaded bats don't pass testing. that's why you see manufacturers only offering lighter weighted bats. The heavier bats didn't/couldn't pass testing requirements

D-ROCK13

it's not that they're afraid, a lot of endloaded bats don't pass testing. that's why you see manufacturers only offering lighter weighted bats. The heavier bats didn't/couldn't pass testing requirements
Couldn't have said it better... A 12" barreled 28oz with 1oz or more of endload tends to create more batted ball speed for sure

ShortYellowBus

Couldn't have said it better... A 12" barreled 28oz with 1oz or more of endload tends to create more batted ball speed for sure
USSSA bats all have 100mph+ performance. As long as the bat passes compression testing, there’s no ceiling for batted ball speed.

This would be true for ASA bats. 98mph is the ceiling. Any higher would deem it illegal.

Unprompted rant:
Carl used this argument to only make 25oz bats and forced every gullible person to buy them. If people actually believed that...definition of gullible.

Now that every paint has been used up on that singular 25oz frame, Carl is now offering ASA bats in heavier weights...and if you’re smart enough to put two and two together these new bats are not as hot so they’d pass ASA testing.

Rant over.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
USSSA bats all have 100mph+ performance. As long as the bat passes compression testing, there’s no ceiling for batted ball speed.

This would be true for ASA bats. 98mph is the ceiling. Any higher would deem it illegal.

USSSA uses the 1.20 BPF standard, as well as compression testing. They've never used batted ball speed in testing. Manufacturers have been printing "100+ MPH" on the barrels of utrip bats for years, it's strictly marketing.

ASA uses batted ball speed in their testing and 98 MPH is the limit IN THEIR SPECIFIC TEST CONDITIONS.
A ball is fired from a cannon at stationary bat held in a fixture and the rebound is measured. The ball used is a .52/300 and the speed is specific; I don't have the exact number on hand, but it's designed to mimic a typical swing speed + typical pitch speed. If you can create a higher collision speed in real life, you absolutely can exceed 98 MPH in batted ball speed.

ShortYellowBus

USSSA uses the 1.20 BPF standard, as well as compression testing. They've never used batted ball speed in testing. Manufacturers have been printing "100+ MPH" on the barrels of utrip bats for years, it's strictly marketing.

ASA uses batted ball speed in their testing and 98 MPH is the limit IN THEIR SPECIFIC TEST CONDITIONS.
A ball is fired from a cannon at stationary bat held in a fixture and the rebound is measured. The ball used is a .52/300 and the speed is specific; I don't have the exact number on hand, but it's designed to mimic a typical swing speed + typical pitch speed. If you can create a higher collision speed in real life, you absolutely can exceed 98 MPH in batted ball speed.
Never let facts get in the way of a good plausible argument.

I already knew all that. I was going to get into the whole BPF thing and just went off the rails with the Monsta thought.

However, 1.20 BPF and the end load argument still seems weak to me. Let’s just call it what it is; people don’t buy heavy bats anymore.

The $100 bats in November are never the 26oz bats.

lakeyale13

Manager

Bubba Club 28oz is by far the most end loaded bat I have swung. It feels like an old Red and Black PST. 28oz easily has the 2oz end load listed.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Can we agree that Combat is responsible for most of the world's woes!? I hear they moved all their factories to N. Korea.

Combat is defunct; Easton bought them out and discontinued their softball line.

Combat softball bats were made by C.E. Composites in Canada. The actual Combat company never made any of their own bats, just ordered them with their branding. Point of interest; the black Rip-It Reaper was also made by C.E. and there were a lot of people that believed it was actually an Anti-Virus with different paint.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
IDK about that short barrel/1oz endload arguement. My friend broke his 27 oz Freak 30 and we took it apart for ****s and giggles. The frame and knob weighed 24 oz, the counterweight was 1 oz, and the endcap alone was 2 oz. Also unless the testing changed why would they release a supermax Primo 12?

lakeyale13

Manager
Combat is defunct; Easton bought them out and discontinued their softball line.

Combat softball bats were made by C.E. Composites in Canada. The actual Combat company never made any of their own bats, just ordered them with their branding. Point of interest; the black Rip-It Reaper was also made by C.E. and there were a lot of people that believed it was actually an Anti-Virus with different paint.

Correct. They have stopped making softball bats for a while. I was simply making a joke pertaining to my disdain for Combats. In my make believe world, the only place Combat would continue making bats is North Korea.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton's new line and improved bats came after they bought Combat....coincidence?? Just for you Combat bashers:)

They improved the performance, but the durability went right in the crapper. Plus, new Eastons seem to fail compression within 100 swings.

4_everABN

--[[[-----]]]-- Too Easy!
What's everybody thoughts on the Easton octane? Is it truly balanced mid load or endload? Is it worthy of being in your bag?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
And they claim they don't hold compression as long, which also makes sense. The weight beyond the point of impact isn't going to help durability.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never let facts get in the way of a good plausible argument.

I already knew all that. I was going to get into the whole BPF thing and just went off the rails with the Monsta thought.

However, 1.20 BPF and the end load argument still seems weak to me. Let’s just call it what it is; people don’t buy heavy bats anymore.

The $100 bats in November are never the 26oz bats.
I can't remember all of the details, but moi is a factor in the bpf test with regard to performance if I remember correctly. You might be able to find it online. It was something crazy like they fire a ball at a stationary fixed bat and get one number, then for the ball at the same bat attached to a single that allowed it to rotate just above your hands on the handle, then they measured how far it rotated after impact, then divided the first number by the second number to get the "rating". It sounded very dumb.

Long story short, there is a completely man made factor in the test that brings end load into the equation much more than I feel it should be.