Helmer Blue Line

dirtyterp23

Extra Hitter
Got mine in today. I'm starting to believe the hype with these bats. Definitely hotter. But I only hit in the cages so I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt untill I get it out on a field.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Got mine in today. I'm starting to believe the hype with these bats. Definitely hotter. But I only hit in the cages so I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt untill I get it out on a field.

Not sure about the blue line but I am sold on the fireflex

worthy579

Addicted to Softballfans
So anymore to report on the Blue Line?

Mine is just pass the 200 swing mark and it fees ready to go for games. Sound has changed and the Hall is coming off really week. This swings very similar to last year Helmer or the Jeff Hall Lite from two years ago, small endload enough to feel it but that’s it. The sweet spot of this feels huge to be honest but I have only been able to hit it outside a handful of time due to Ohio weather. I liked it enough that I ordered another one

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is just pass the 200 swing mark and it fees ready to go for games. Sound has changed and the Hall is coming off really week. This swings very similar to last year Helmer or the Jeff Hall Lite from two years ago, small endload enough to feel it but that’s it. The sweet spot of this feels huge to be honest but I have only been able to hit it outside a handful of time due to Ohio weather. I liked it enough that I ordered another one
Your spell check may be worse than mine. As I typed that it tried to post sorryspell when I typed spell, so maybe not.

Batalot

Got mine a little cheaper. Anything is better than the $299 list price though.
Just about pulled the trigger.. cept, I just got a 28 Nurple last week and it swings so good and I'm very happy with it so I just don't see the reasoning to go ahead with the Blue Line.

BigCO9

Just about pulled the trigger.. cept, I just got a 28 Nurple last week and it swings so good and I'm very happy with it so I just don't see the reasoning to go ahead with the Blue Line.

I went with the Blue Line Helmers this year. Last year I got ASA & U-Trip Wegmans. U-Trip one really caught fire after some work. I imagine the Nurple will be awesome too.

Babynate

Coach
From what I have seen they are 1oz across the board. And the wegman is progressive. I'v hit both bats and they seem to preform close to the same for me.

Batalot

From what I have seen they are 1oz across the board. And the wegman is progressive. I'v hit both bats and they seem to preform close to the same for me.

I find it very strange that a 25 oz bat.. or 26 can have the same end load as a 30 oz bat and be legal when you consider you cannot add weight to your bat as it might change the batting characteristics as has been mentioned before. No way the same 26 oz bat with a 1 oz end load swings the same as a 30 oz, aside from it's static weight. I like what Easton has done with other bats with the progressive end loads.

jlee

Taken directly from the products website.

Nurple
• Endloaded (Progressive) For Maximum Power
• Endload varies based on bat's weight. 26oz:1oz, 27oz:1.5oz, 28oz:2oz

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Taken directly from the products website.

Nurple
• Endloaded (Progressive) For Maximum Power
• Endload varies based on bat's weight. 26oz:1oz, 27oz:1.5oz, 28oz:2oz

Interesting. Some older progressive endload bats were more endloaded... 28 oz had 3 oz endload. 30 oz bats had 5 oz...

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Interesting. Some older progressive endload bats were more endloaded... 28 oz had 3 oz endload. 30 oz bats had 5 oz...

Ya, 2017 they went away from the progressives and there was a lot of complaining. So, with the Travis Clark Vet they kind of meant people halfway, offering a smaller progressive EL(1oz, 1.5oz and 2oz, opposed to the 1,2,3oz we had been used to). That seemed to be popular and so now they seem to have implemented that for the Nurple this year.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
So. Here’s the deal...The Nurple is basically 1oz endload in EVERY WEIGHT! It’s a marketing ploy. All weights are based off the moi of the 26oz Nurple

26oz=1oz endload

27oz= 1.5oz which means and extra .5oz in the end and an extra .5oz in handle equaling a 27oz bat and only a 1oz weight differential

28oz= 2oz which means they took a 26 with a 1 oz endload and and added an oz in the end (“2oz end”) and an oz in the handle. Again a 1oz differential.

This way all bats could keep the same moi which is what Easton is really basing there weights on this year. And all it is is just a big marketing game. It’s the same way Miken, Worth and everyone else does their 1 oz endload they just call it a 1 oz. The days of Easton just putting it on the end are gone for now.

Last edited: