Hey Guys, Need Your Help

Recently started a site (recsportsroundup) where I will be reviewing slow pitch softball products. Recently put out a ton of content in bat reviews and will be continuing these reviews when the 2017 bats start coming out. Would really appreciate if you all could check it out and let me know where I succeeded and where I failed on this site. Also, what additional information would you all be looking for when researching and purchasing a bat. Let me know!

rec sports roundup

Thanks!

RustyShakleford

"The 2016 Juggy USSSA Demarini USSSA slow pitch softball bats come in with a 12" barrel length. With this bat you're sacrificing an inch of barrel length for 1 oz of total bat weight. You're getting a lighter bat but a bit of a smaller barrel. So are you confident you can barrel any ball up and want to generate as much bat speed as possible? If so, check this bat out."

wow, just ****ing wow

RustyShakleford

"Also, the composite material the bat is made up of increases the "pop" you get when you make solid contact allowing for the ultimate ball flight after contact. We will do an in depth article comparing alloy and composite but for now, trust us, composite is better."

hahahaahahahahahahaha

Looks like I got a long way to go with content creation, at least for the serious softballers o_O . Review may be the wrong word to use more like information aggregation. Just out of curiosity, in a legitimate individual bat review, what are you looking for?

swampdonkey1

Star Player
I'd be interested in seeing side by side comparisons of 2015, 2016, and 2017 models. Compare the balance points and stuff, compare each bat after 100, 250, 500 swings, compare how quickly each bat starts to web or how well they break in or become 'damaged', compare the compression testing of each bat after a specific number of swings. I'm mostly interested in how new models compare to previous year models. This is obviously alot of work, but this is a specific example of what i think ''serious softballers'' will want to see.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
Looks like I got a long way to go with content creation, at least for the serious softballers o_O . Review may be the wrong word to use more like information aggregation. Just out of curiosity, in a legitimate individual bat review, what are you looking for?
Well perhaps, before starting a site where:
We review high quality products that are used and loved by thousands of customers

you should learn the definition of the word review and/or actually do some reviews.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
It think it is awesome how you signed up for an account here solely for the purpose of promoting your completing site.
Granted, it is an incredibly ****ty site with nothing worth viewing, but a competing site nonetheless.

RustyShakleford

all you have done is take the spec of the bats and turn them into a paragraph. the descriptions you have are just generic myths about bats that aren't even true. then you stole people's youtube videos and put them up. how many of these bats do you actually own?

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd be interested in seeing side by side comparisons of 2015, 2016, and 2017 models. Compare the balance points and stuff, compare each bat after 100, 250, 500 swings, compare how quickly each bat starts to web or how well they break in or become 'damaged', compare the compression testing of each bat after a specific number of swings. I'm mostly interested in how new models compare to previous year models. This is obviously alot of work, but this is a specific example of what i think ''serious softballers'' will want to see.

This is where you have to get to. Even if you don't hit the bats yourself you'll have to do a lot of interviewing of people who are hitting them. It's going to take a little bit of work but you have to talk to the players themselves and trust that they are giving you good info. Everyone might have a different take on a certain bat but getting as much input for each bat will give you a starting point. Hitting the bats yourself would only give your opinion and you'll need more than just that. Look at the SBF reviews. At least they have a bunch of people commenting, some are good and some are bad.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
"Pop" and "distance" are dumb, meaningless buzzwords. If you're going to talk about a bats performance, it should be exit velocity only, and even better if it's measured in a more consistent/repeatable way than a radar gun in BP

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Clicked the link out of boredom. I thought the reviews here sucked but damn, that whole page was just awful. Good luck getting all those views from dummies who Google "best asa bats" lol.

sjury

The Old Man
This is some BS page. This guy doesn't do bat reviews, he directs guts to an alternate website to sell bats. And should be banned.

"Pop" and "distance" are dumb, meaningless buzzwords. If you're going to talk about a bats performance, it should be exit velocity only, and even better if it's measured in a more consistent/repeatable way than a radar gun in BP

Exit speed is based on the hitter so what's that going to do?

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
The best way would be to record exit velocity of balls hit off a tee with the bat mounted on a machine that swung the same speed and hit the ball exactly the same every time. Short of that, the same guy comparing exit velocity with different bats of the same weight. Tracking bat speed would be great too.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

The best way would be to record exit velocity of balls hit off a tee with the bat mounted on a machine that swung the same speed and hit the ball exactly the same every time. Short of that, the same guy comparing exit velocity with different bats of the same weight. Tracking bat speed would be great too.

You're talking about setting up a bat testing machine to use under controlled conditions, meanwhile OP's "reviews" are mostly Amazon links and he thinks some bats are lighter because the barrels are shorter. I'm pretty sure he's not going to follow your suggestion and build said machine, but if he tries, he needs to video everything and post it in the lounge.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
You're talking about setting up a bat testing machine to use under controlled conditions, meanwhile OP's "reviews" are mostly Amazon links and he thinks some bats are lighter because the barrels are shorter. I'm pretty sure he's not going to follow your suggestion and build said machine, but if he tries, he needs to video everything and post it in the lounge.
Totally agree.

I was just playing devil's advocate. The website is pretty bad that the guy is trying to set up.

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
My solution - you hire me for huge $$ - I go hit 100-200 balls on the same field every week - once you get to 500 hits on a bat, you give the review and # of balls hit out etc. Now you have video and an honest review. All that other fluff is just bull stuff.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
If he hits 450 with ease, he can't be trusted. He'll hit great with every bat, who wants that.