Home Run Derby Pics from Kernels Stadium in Cedar Rapids, IA

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
We put together our version of the Long Haul Bombers last night here in Cedar Rapids, IA

There were 5 participants in the event and it was fantastic from beginning to end for these guys. They were swinging Ultra 2 & Synergy 2 bats and using a 44/525 Evil balls which spent the night in the cooler.

Longest shot was 450 ft but several were over 400 ft

We had the local news on hand to cover the event and we will some video to follow.

KernelsStadium.jpg

37364_136664456360189_100000499053084_298804_4304588_n.jpg

HomeRunDerbyPics014.jpg

Here is the winner with 8 out of 10 swings for Home Runs

Nick%20Nissen%20(Chrome%20Horse)%208%20Home%20Runs%20-%20Champion.jpg

Bill%20Stalkfleet%20(Stadium%20Lounge)-%203%20Home%20Runs.jpg

Blake%20Brockhohn%20(DC%27s%20Riverwalk)%202%20Home%20Runs.jpg

Bryce%20Schweitzer%20(Rip%20City-Flooring%20Gallery%20(1%20Home%20Run).jpg

Eric%20Green%20(DC%27s%20Riverwalk)%203%20Home%20Runs.jpg

jneff24

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't know how you can hold and U2 and try to look like a badass for a picture..........that is the definition of a ***** stick.

crdawg2521

Don't know how you can hold and U2 and try to look like a badass for a picture..........that is the definition of a ***** stick.

Wow that didn't take long....Hate on hater!

During the prelim's they used stock ASA bats and balls.....44/375's and swung bats like Worth Mutants, Freak 98's, etc.

Furthermore, we wanted to ensure HR's were going to be hit out of the stadium so we allowed any bat and we provided the balls.

crdawg2521

These guys were unsure they could hit the ball 400 ft but when you are using an Ultra II and 44/525(575)'s that spent the night in the cooler.

Even the biggest douchebags on this site can hit it 400 ft if you have a decent swing.

With that being said, if your team is decent enough maybe you'll get to play these guys at B, C or D ASA Nationals. These Iowa teams will be there once again as they do every single year.

Dinger67

It's unusual to see so many standard grips. I figured just about everybody had switched to some sort of overlap grip.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
#13 jersey was for a participant who had a heart attack the morning of the event so he was being honored and they were focused on putting on a good show for a fallen player.

What was the longest hit of the event in your estimation?

Dinger67

With an Ultra II and some 44/575 balls that were left in the cooler for 36 hrs, yes!

450 ft was our estimated distance with the ball landing in the middle of street behind left center field.

GOOGLE Earth will tell you how far it is.

crdawg2521

That would count over half of the board out.

Decent swing part yes....which was why I was not in the Derby :D

I hit the wall twice in a practice run as well as taking out a 5 yr old who caught one on the warning track on the thigh.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
Decent swing part yes....which was why I was not in the Derby :D

I hit the wall twice in a practice run as well as taking out a 5 yr old who caught one on the warning track on the thigh.

Looked like a fun event. How come you didn't have more guys hitting?

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!
We put together our version of the Long Haul Bombers last night here in Cedar Rapids, IA

There were 5 participants in the event and it was fantastic from beginning to end for these guys. They were swinging Ultra 2 & Synergy 2 bats and using a 44/525 Evil balls which spent the night in the cooler.

Longest shot was 450 ft but several were over 400 ft

We had the local news on hand to cover the event and we will some video to follow.

KernelsStadium.jpg

37364_136664456360189_100000499053084_298804_4304588_n.jpg

HomeRunDerbyPics014.jpg

Here is the winner with 8 out of 10 swings for Home Runs

Nick%20Nissen%20(Chrome%20Horse)%208%20Home%20Runs%20-%20Champion.jpg

Bill%20Stalkfleet%20(Stadium%20Lounge)-%203%20Home%20Runs.jpg

Blake%20Brockhohn%20(DC%27s%20Riverwalk)%202%20Home%20Runs.jpg

Bryce%20Schweitzer%20(Rip%20City-Flooring%20Gallery%20(1%20Home%20Run).jpg

Eric%20Green%20(DC%27s%20Riverwalk)%203%20Home%20Runs.jpg

good job board bro I hit in a derby like that last year it was fun as ****...wish they had one every year and a tournament on a field like that would be great..

crdawg2521

Who hit it? We have DC's for our second game in tomorrows tourny. Our first game is 7:50am, which is much to early...lol

Green's went 450 ft.....Nick and Bryce both hit them about 430 ft

If Bryce would have pulled the ball he would have had a shot at winning as several landed on the warning track dead center, right at 400 ft.

crdawg2521

Looked like a fun event. How come you didn't have more guys hitting?

We only had 15 min to complete the contest before the actual baseball game and each guy only got 10 swings. They were concerned guys wouldn't hit any HR's, wouldn't have enough fans showing up, etc.

Needless to say, it was a full house and every guy hit some Home Run's and even the teams came out to watch and were jumping up and down with excitement and amazement.

Brick Bridge

Addicted to Softballfans
Green's went 450 ft.....Nick and Bryce both hit them about 430 ft

If Bryce would have pulled the ball he would have had a shot at winning as several landed on the warning track dead center, right at 400 ft.

His power is center to right center because of his stride. Look where he's at in the box...

crdawg2521

His power is center to right center because of his stride. Look where he's at in the box...

That's exactly why he said he would be at a disadvantage in the derby although he did the best during the trial runs.

If Center Field would have been 396 he would have had about 5-6 home runs though.

crdawg2521

fyi...this is fairly easy to promote/put together if your local minor league team is willing to let you hit on their field.

Just work with your local Park & Rec dept to have a "Park and Rec Dept" night at the ballpark and make it happen.

If you need help or have any questions let me know and I'll lay it out for y'all.