How many games you play?

686smog

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I have problem. I can not turn down a pickup game. I have played 7 games already this week and have 2 games tonight and a tourny on sat. I played 260 games last year and 175 so far this year. So do you think I have a problem? Do they have a 12 step program for softballers?

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
nope................you are just one of the afflicted. Enjoy................

but, good drugs always help :)

686smog

Addicted to Softballfans
I started counting last year. It's easy I just have note pad in my bat bag and just write it down every night when I am done playing. I was just wondering how many games I played a year.

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't play as often as I'd like to, but I'm married with two young kids - and time with the kids is the priority. I usually play two leagues/week, and have never played in tournaments (though I will often get together with some folks for a "just for fun" pickup game on Sundays). I'll probably play 50-60 games this year, but if I was single I'd easily triple or quadruple that.

I wish I had discovered slow pitch when I was single - I'd have played A LOT.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Once a week. But would like to play more.

I wish we had pickup games around here. The only one I know of hasn't had more than a few people show up since I first heard about it.

You guys have no idea how lucky you have it! We just don't have the opportunity to play that many games way up here (Bemidji, MN). I played 150 games last summer and that blew peoples mind around here. I would cry tears of joy if could play 200 plus a year. I need to move outta this stupid town! lol

joeytown008

Manager
You guys have no idea how lucky you have it! We just don't have the opportunity to play that many games way up here (Bemidji, MN). I played 150 games last summer and that blew peoples mind around here. I would cry tears of joy if could play 200 plus a year. I need to move outta this stupid town! lol

I feel ya on this! Stupid winters!!! I usually start out playing one or 2 nights a week and tourneys atleast every other weekend, and then come June I pick up another 2 nights a week and then the occassional getting picked up after your games cause a team is short. I wish I had the chance to play year round! We just started our fall ball leagues and that will run until late september early october and they we are shut down until april unless you wanna play some bull**** dome ball!

686smog

Addicted to Softballfans
Once a week. But would like to play more.

I wish we had pickup games around here. The only one I know of hasn't had more than a few people show up since I first heard about it.

We don't have pick up games. I just get asked to play on other teams that are short players during the week for league. I play mon-thurs on 1 team a night but I almost always get called or asked to play another game. I almost always play 2 games and some nights 3 games if I am at the fields.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
My season ends this Sunday and I will have played 29 games for the year. I use to play 120+ but with 3 kids being with them is more important.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
I play 5 times a week in Summer, plus I'll sub for whoever needs a player. Fall is two or three times a week. No ball from mid-Oct to Late April up here and I'm pretty crabby by Feb. :D

eHall

Base burglar
I might play 100 including leagues. Down to one league night and 2 weekends a month. I will fill in occasionally.

tattt3

Coach
wow i must be missing something,ive never kept count of games played,i do play 3 leauge nights and Tourneys ushually a couple a month and pretty much play year round with the exception of jan/feb but have nooo idea of game count a year,does keeping track make you a better ballplayer???

686smog

Addicted to Softballfans
wow i must be missing something,ive never kept count of games played,i do play 3 leauge nights and Tourneys ushually a couple a month and pretty much play year round with the exception of jan/feb but have nooo idea of game count a year,does keeping track make you a better ballplayer???

Nope just decided to see how many game I really play. I don't care if the ended up being 50 or 500 I was just wondering.

drewinmonte

addicted to sbf
when the year started i was playing Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sunday morning and Sunday nights... And we try to do at least 1 tourney a month

christianman316

blaine's dad
I might play 50 a year, and really don't know that I will be able to play that much anymore. Since my son is getting involved with athletics I am more concerned about being there with him and coaching his teams than I am about playing. Sucks to get old and have to grow up...lol

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I think I have problem. I can not turn down a pickup game. I have played 7 games already this week and have 2 games tonight and a tourny on sat. I played 260 games last year and 175 so far this year. So do you think I have a problem? Do they have a 12 step program for softballers?

I say play until your wife hates you.....................................And then step up the pace a couple of notches.

Feddy

Star Player
Wife, kid, and golf mean I only get to play one night of league ball anymore, with 2-3 tournies a year. It looks like I'll probably end up playing right around 50 games, give or take.

rg02

Addicted to Softballfans
not sure how many games i have played this year, but have been playing 2-3 tourneys a month and was on 4 teams for league during the week between mens and co ed. i do know that the most games i have played in 8 days this year was 18 (Sat-Sunday following week). I guess that isnt crazy, but i was exhausted after those 8 days!