How many pics?

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Hey just a general question for selling bats. How many pics are enough pics?

I'm selling a Cartel. I posted 4 pics---close up of both sides of the barrel, straight shot of endcap and a close up of a tiny chip I found in the endcap. None of the pics shows the handle, but I assure you its still attached.

Dude wants more pics. Entire bat plus even more of the endcap. I think its ridiculous.

I posted what I presumed were the most important photos for judging a bat's worth--barrel and since I found a chip in the endcap I posted 2 pics of it. I've been a member since '03 and back then hell we did deals with detailed descriptions. Hell I remember calling Chad, describing a bat, and him agreeing to do a trade over the phone. Did that a few times.

I understand buyer beware but good Gawd, its a $150 bat---not a fricking house or car. Plus when you give me a low offer I'm not real inclined to do more pics anyway. So what is the consensus, how many pics are enough before you invest the princely sum of $150 for a used bat???

Heck if its this hard to sell a bat I'll take it to Goodwill and claim a $250 tax deduction instead. Holy cow.

ATL Rookie

Manager
So what is the consensus, how many pics are enough before you invest the princely sum of $150 for a used bat???

If you want to sell it, as many as the potential buyer wants. Its free and takes a total of 5 minutes to post pics of what the buyer wants.

Kgun12

Addicted to Softballfans
End cap..bouth sides of the barrel and a whole bat photo. With the phones today Its not a big deal if someone wants more pics..you coulda took twenty and sent them in the time it took to post this.

Joker

this isn't 2003 and take all the pics you need. does it cost you anything to take a few more pics?

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
6 is enough. A close up of each side, a shot of the whole bat, each end of the bat and the chip. Anything more is over kill. If that isn't enough for him, move on.

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Either you send the pics that he asks for, or you dont sell him the bat. Either he is happy with the pics you are willing to provide, or he doesnt buy the bat. Simple. Either way, coming here to cry about it is kinda silly.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I would say 4 is good enough for an initial post, but if I have a potential buyer I'd post/send whatever they request.

Goosepimp

Insane Dedication
Post like this......

Hey just a general question for selling bats. How many pics are enough pics?

I'm selling a Cartel. I posted 4 pics---close up of both sides of the barrel, straight shot of endcap and a close up of a tiny chip I found in the endcap. None of the pics shows the handle, but I assure you its still attached.

Dude wants more pics. Entire bat plus even more of the endcap. I think its ridiculous.

I posted what I presumed were the most important photos for judging a bat's worth--barrel and since I found a chip in the endcap I posted 2 pics of it. I've been a member since '03 and back then hell we did deals with detailed descriptions. Hell I remember calling Chad, describing a bat, and him agreeing to do a trade over the phone. Did that a few times.

I understand buyer beware but good Gawd, its a $150 bat---not a fricking house or car. Plus when you give me a low offer I'm not real inclined to do more pics anyway. So what is the consensus, how many pics are enough before you invest the princely sum of $150 for a used bat???

Heck if its this hard to sell a bat I'll take it to Goodwill and claim a $250 tax deduction instead. Holy cow.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1192316

and the only PM's you will get are for PP addy or trade offers ;)

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
He wants to see exactly what he's buying. Nothing wrong with that. Quit being a homo and send him the pics he wants to see. Jesus.:rolleyes:

Agt.Stepps

Lost on SBF
At least he posted pics. I can't stand fools making a thread with no pics. I even post pics of NIW, NIB, NWT regardless.

Agt.Stepps

Lost on SBF
you mean pic. pics is plural when you post more than one

Yeah I just looked at the thread, yeah he posted a pic and is mad that someone asked for more. That pic (singular) only showed the end cap. I would have asked for more too.

wasabi25

Addicted to Softballfans
Solution- Find a really hot chick that's wearing a bikini. Ask her to hold onto the bat. Take the pix, send the pix, and tell the buyer that for $150, you'll throw in your sister.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
The answer is however many pics it takes to accurately portray the bat's condition. You don't necessarily need to photograph every scratch and blemish, but at least show what's important.

Posting only a pic of some tiny chip out of the endcap doesn't tell the story for the whole bat.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Yeah I just looked at the thread, yeah he posted a pic and is mad that someone asked for more. That pic (singular) only showed the end cap. I would have asked for more too.

Seriously are you retarded? There are 4 pictures posted. Holy cow retarded or flat out liars---either way pretty stupid.

Initially I attached a pic---then I embedded the pics in my posts. Chip in the first post, then three more in the next post. What a fricking douche bag.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
The answer is however many pics it takes to accurately portray the bat's condition. You don't necessarily need to photograph every scratch and blemish, but at least show what's important.

Posting only a pic of some tiny chip out of the endcap doesn't tell the story for the whole bat.

Are you blind? There are FOUR pictures embedded in the posts in my sale thread.

Damn I knew this board got bad but frigging lying is ridiculous.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1192316

and the only PM's you will get are for PP addy or trade offers ;)

I'm selling a bat, not a house. Nine pics? Uhhh, no. You know what a bat looks like. Four pics is plenty.

Like I said, it means less to me to sell it. I don't need the money, and can take a bigger tax deduction donating it. Trying to help folks out with a good deal, but if ya don't want it no skin off my nose.

mihklo

No reason to be a douche. When I pulled up the thread only 1 pic shows. Quoting your 2nd post it does show that there are 3 pics but they aren't coming up on my screen, not sure why.

And to answer your question, take as many as it takes to get it sold. Is it annoying? Possibly. But if you're really motivated to sell then it shouldn't be a problem.

kfferg

Banned User
I dont see any embedded pics either. If you dont want to satisfy the potential buyer, then dont. But I would not start a thread that would steer people away from ever dealing with you. Good luck on your sale.

Hunt2live92

Starting Player
Wow. This is what your thread looks like. Nobody is lying but I sense you may not be around much longer to sell the bat anyway so no problems.

Untitled.png

Joker

Seriously are you retarded? There are 4 pictures posted. Holy cow retarded or flat out liars---either way pretty stupid.

Initially I attached a pic---then I embedded the pics in my posts. Chip in the first post, then three more in the next post. What a fricking douche bag.

Are you blind? There are FOUR pictures embedded in the posts in my sale thread.

Damn I knew this board got bad but frigging lying is ridiculous.

Cost my time, lying douchebag.

I'm selling a bat, not a house. Nine pics? Uhhh, no. You know what a bat looks like. Four pics is plenty.

Like I said, it means less to me to sell it. I don't need the money, and can take a bigger tax deduction donating it. Trying to help folks out with a good deal, but if ya don't want it no skin off my nose.

Four pics in there lying douchbag. Not my problem you're a blind retard. Either that or you're browser is lame and you can't see the pics. That's not my problem either.

Four pics in there lying douchebag. Did you just take a facial from your b/f and can't see now?

Wow. This is what your thread looks like. Nobody is lying but I sense you may not be around much longer to sell the bat anyway so no problems.

Untitled.png

who's the lying retard blind douchebag now?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
How many lying retard blind douchebags does it take to point out that we can only see one pic attached, and that you'll believe us?

Another hint: Putting them in a pic hosting account (photobucket/imageshack, etc) and copying the IMG link/code will save a lot of time and effort in trying to sell anything here.