HR Derby to raise a DONATION for the SWINGING BUNT BENEFIT

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
HR Derby to raise money for a Donation to the Swinging Bunt Benefit.

Location Alpha Park 1575-1585 W Garfield Ave Bartonville,‎ Illinois

Date: Saturday October 16th 2010
Time 9:00 am to 12pm or 3pm depends on amount of players.

I WANT TO HAVE AT LEAST 30 GUYS!!!!!!!!

$10 entry
$5 re-entry

As many re-entries as you want

So bring $20 and hit 3 times or bring $40 and hit 7 times, it all goes to a good cause.

10 pitches 7 swings per entry.

pitches will be from a pitching machine

We will go to 12pm or until no one re-enters up to 3pm.

We take the top 6 guys for a playoff. (still 10 pitches / 7 swings)

1 vs. 6
2 vs. 5
3 vs. 4

We take the top 3 from here.

#1 sits while 2 vs. 3. (20 pitches / 10 swings)

Winner of 2 vs. 3 / battles #1 (20 pitches / 10 swings)

Winner gets first entry fee back and a free entry into the Swinging Bunt HR derby.

Dusty has added to the prize pot.

If we can get 30 guys in this, the winner will get a free paid entry into BOTH the 2011 Swinging Bunt Tournament and a paid entry into the Home Run Derby.

The rest of the money will get donated to the Swinging Bunt.

USSSA/ISA/NSA/ASA bats only!!!

No SENIOR bats or OUTLAW bat either!!!

Please post below if your in and I'll start a list!!!!!!

You DO NOT have to be on this list prior to Saturday. Just show up with your money in hand. The list is just so I have a close idea as to how many people we will have.

I've purchased one of the two pavilions at the park out my pocket so we can grill out. There is NO ALCOHOL at the park. I can not stress this enough!!! The alcohol permits price is outrageous and I'm not paying for it. Plus that's not what we are there for anyways.

If someone has a grill they would like to bring, maybe two people can bring one each. We can buy burgers and dogs at the Kroger's right by the fields to grill out for lunch.

THE LIST!!!
  1. Brucker (bruckles)
  2. Blake (stp)
  3. Dusty (crash)
  4. Brandon (brando)
  5. Yellow/Donk/Donkey/Bigcat (maybe)
  6. Robert Ochs
  7. Bryan (maybe if some will let him play)
  8. ThunderDT98 (Studebaker)
  9. Fish35
  10. Timmy (says he may be firm):confused:
  11. Michael Harder
  12. Luke Christopher
  13. Norm
  14. Oaks

Last edited:

freydog01

<font color="#0000FF">Mr. Mom</font>
The way I've been swinging this year, I'd need a shaved Ultra to hit a couple out, lol... I'll see if any of my guys are interested though.

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
The way I've been swinging this year, I'd need a shaved Ultra to hit a couple out, lol... I'll see if any of my guys are interested though.

Just bring that freak98 ultra you got and you'll be fine!!! LOL!!!
Bring your guys out and u can hit too, all the money goes to the bunt!!!

Last edited:

freydog01

<font color="#0000FF">Mr. Mom</font>
Just bring that freak98 ultra you got and you'll be fine!!! LOL!!!
Bring your guys out and u can hit too, all the money goes to the bunt!!!

Lmao, if I had one, I think I woulda got more HR's than what I actually hit... crap, I thought this was the following weekend, I'll be at the mud bash !!!

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
Just to add something to the whole event...

If Brucker can get his full 30 guys, the winner will get a free paid entry into both the 2011 Swinging Bunt Tournament and a paid entry into the Home Run Derby.

If we fall short of the 30, the winner will receive an entry into just the Home Run Derby.

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
Just to add something to the whole event...

If Brucker can get his full 30 guys, the winner will get a free paid entry into both the 2011 Swinging Bunt Tournament and a paid entry into the Home Run Derby.

If we fall short of the 30, the winner will receive an entry into just the Home Run Derby.

Leave it to Dusty to make it better!! Let's get 30 guys!!!

Fish35

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure if I'll be able to make it but save me a spot just in case. Wife is still in the hospital and will need some attention at the house for a while after they let her come home. Hit me with an email if you need hitters. I'll do some advertising for you...I can't imagine you having a hard time getting 30 though.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't play anywhere around that area but am interested. Can you give me a little info as far as field dimensions and what balls you're gonna use??

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
I don't play anywhere around that area but am interested. Can you give me a little info as far as field dimensions and what balls you're gonna use??

Field is 300ft all the way around and the balls are from the swinging bunt. I believe either Miken or Decker sharks .44/400's. They will for sure get up and fly.

You show up from WI for a 3-5 hour HR Derby. Lunch is on me.

Last edited:

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be there then. Only 5 hours 35 mins drive for a free lunch. Man that's a deal. Add Michael Harder to the list.

brando0539

The Meat
Field is 300ft all the way around and the balls are from the swinging bunt. I believe either Miken or Decker sharks .44/400's. They will for sure get up and fly.

You show up from WI for a 3-5 hour HR Derby. Lunch is on me.

Can I get a free lunch? I live across the street?